rulie

What is your top 6 fav Joint Ops AAS maps

RD................................................lol!!..are you trying to get banned again or sumfin? :rolleyes:

What?Wait! LOL rulie....Was talking about Squad when in Nova (got my ass kickedout)...And now I'm talking about JO at Squad...Something wrong with my mind!/ :wacko:

Hey Kesha you old военком ! :lol:

My list of maps in no defined order (containing mostly JO:E maps as those are the ones I mostly played).

Denai Chemical Compoud

Baram Manufacturing Plan

Kota Jiwa Ruins

Berkabut Valley

Kendari Airport

Blackrock Beach (in JO:E with overheating vehicle turrents)

Kutu Arms Market (in JO:E with AT-mines)

That would be a fun map rotation! The JOE Version of Kutu used to be in rotation, I used to hide at the bridge by X to catch the enemy miners with some satisfying knife kills, lol!

Hey Kesha you old военком ! :lol:

My list of maps in no defined order (containing mostly JO:E maps as those are the ones I mostly played).

Denai Chemical Compoud

Baram Manufacturing Plan

Kota Jiwa Ruins

Berkabut Valley

Kendari Airport

Blackrock Beach (in JO:E with overheating vehicle turrents)

Kutu Arms Market (in JO:E with AT-mines)

That would be a fun map rotation! The JOE Version of Kutu used to be in rotation, I used to hide at the bridge by X to catch the enemy miners with some satisfying knife kills, lol!

Nice selection Legionnaire...I never played Kutu under JOe was there a big difference?

PS.Aah double post has found you too,When you press Post and nothing happens DO NOT PRESS POST AGAIN,just press F5 or anyother key.Your post should appear!..Hope it helps mate!.. :lol:

pretty much All the above.

with special note to Black Rock Beach and Kutu!

so many maps, particularly if you include IC and IC:E.

Never played Joint Operations :(

You missed out on some epic battles with (back in the day) large 6 hour maps.

PS.Aah double post has found you too,When you press Post and nothing happens DO NOT PRESS POST AGAIN,just press F5 or anyother key.Your post should appear!..Hope it helps mate!.. :lol:

PRO tip! 

To many good maps to choose... and so many excellent battles.  I did 23 campaigns at IC before it finally fell over.  Below is what you missed if you never played JO!

pretty much All the above.

with special note to Black Rock Beach and Kutu!

so many maps, particularly if you include IC and IC:E.

Jasuz I forgot about Black Rock Beach good one mate.Many battle hours in this one,attack by sea and land.

And I agree on what Kesha F1 said,no need for the noob nade boats!.. :D

Difficult to say which maps I favoured as I rarely played stock jo or esc maps..I usually played mods, as I was usually involved in making them.Good game though ,"In it`s day".

Difficult to say which maps I favoured as I rarely played stock jo or esc maps..I usually played mods, as I was usually involved in making them.Good game though ,"In it`s day".

Thanks for all the work you put into the mods for us BuLL! It's a shame nova couldn't pull their finger outta their bum and do something grand with JO. Once i get a whole lot more of us Joint Ops players here i will start a vote/poll to see which map the guys would like a re-make of, then ima hit you up to make a terrain for us to have a go at mapping it! That is, if you are not too busy once the flood gates open up on SQUAD! B)

thought just occured to me Rulie. did'nt NILE have the ability to view the terain shaded as either full-colour, slope or height? when in plan view? . . . or am i thinking way back to MEd? at a decent rez, they could be screenied as tiles (as the terrain was recursive and made from tiles anyway) and made into one large map in a paint program . . .

failing that i can produce quite good height maps from geo-spacial stuffs - got one somewhere of flinders island that i was gunna use in CryEngine, i think its about 5-10km long . . . would that be big enuf? ;-P

hmmm...not too sure about those NILE details LJ?...and i could never get MED to work. I did manage to convert some mis to bis (or was that bis to mis?) to npj files at one stage...and it took me ages once to break into one of Watter's DFX2 maps he locked up! :lol:

To be honest i haven't used NILE in a loong time and i only have it on one old crappy laptop now. Once i get this new rig up and running though, i intend to re-install it plus JO TR & E plus any mods i made maps for and make some nice HD vids of them to show off my art work. Maybe you should do the same mate...you got a lot of pretty darn cool maps in your collection! Then i think it's time for me to move on to something new.

I am looking forward to making a few qual SQUAD maps without having to worry about a feking 1200 object limit. :)

i still gots it all installed, and yeah i should spend a weekend going over my maps with screenies at least - not sure if i have fraps still . . . and as you say, then move on to something new.

yeah the 1200 limit was a bastard but could be cajoled a bit if you kept the other memory limits reasonable. hit it a few times making 'TownSkirmish' and then had to just iterate a bunch of things (still maxing out the limit) instead of having a bigger variety. for my 'TwoTowers' map ( the one made from rocks and trees) i purposfully used the smallest range of objects - i think i only ended up using like 3 rocks, 2 trees and 2 PSP objects and iterated the crappers outta them to still hit the memory/object limit. like many of my efforts it was also a Thinking Outside The Box type map, like 'Tunnels', it was another where i had to juggle a lot and i remember the 'CarWarsArena' was a real handful and lots of objects initially in it were culled.

you know you've hit the limit when PSP's start to dissappear ;-)

Wow lots of joint ops in here.

My favs would be market, flooded village, snake river and a few others I cannot remember. I played mostly tkoth under this name though never got into aas

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I think Squad is going to focus exclusively on real-world locations (but I could be wrong).

My favs would be market, flooded village, snake river and a few others I cannot remember. I played mostly tkoth under this name though never got into aas

Hi Gunpiranha! Welcome to SQUAD! A big effort has been made here by many old school JO players to save as many as we can from nova before it disappears. Unfortunately...most of that crowd is now scattered to the four winds. Im hopping they eventually find SQUAD under their own steam and end up here though. :)

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I think Squad is going to focus exclusively on real-world locations (but I could be wrong).

Hi nivekv! There were plenty of real life map locations made for Joint Ops sir. Since the game was made in the Indonesian setting, AO included many places of that part of the world. It was just unfortunate the game looked like a darn cartoon, but it was good for it's day

MAP,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Malacca

^ That was one of them.

Bumbu Channel - another,

I am sure i could find more for you but i would have to do some research. :)

Oh how I miss good old JO. Of course minus all the horrible issues (hello physics engine) of course :)

Can barely remember the names now though... But I think it went something like this:

Palu cut rice paddies

Tana Highlands

Tobo Wetlands

Padang river basin

Flooded Village

I enjoyed most maps though, however Black Rock Beach got a bit too repetitive at the end.

Do people still play JO on pc for MP? used to love that game.

OMG! Snake River Ruins: awesome at night, sittin ina tree wi the pea-shooter - oohhh soo many noobs, heheh!

i remember one particular fun time, Upi was running around in the bushes shanking peeps while i kept watch from a nearby tree, shooting peeps and letting him know where the next mark was coming from.  ahh, good times!

@Para:  i think there is still a couple of servers up and running in the 'States (orangebowl?). there is still a following, prolly comes down to the gameplay (after you discount the lag of course).

^ darn you LJ you bastage gamma hack!! i was prolly one of the noobs you two killed. Would have it on VHS somewhere. Got a whole pallet of JO VHS tapes i haven't even converted yet. Never uploaded a lot of the converted stuff to youtube...i made Madd1steve angry too much. I think i managed to convert maybe, 1-10th of those days before my VHS to DVD recorder shat itself. I should get another one while i still can...or buy three and put them in storage. Maybe when i die, some JO nerd might find them and we will all become famous!! LOL! :lol:

Love the conversation gents, but I'm going to move this down to Off-Topic Discussions. ;)