rulie

What is your top 6 fav Joint Ops AAS maps

I played PR with a Legionnaire today, same guy? :)

I never even knew about Joint Ops to be honest. Whats the craic?

Impostor I say!..I don't think it's our Legionnaire mate,could be wrong?

Go to the first page got a little video...JOps,DelataForce,BHD,Commanche4,F-22 lightning,F-16 Multirole,MIG-29 Fulcrum,Tachyon and Land warrior, was a Novalogic game and one of the best FPS of it's day until it now! :)

You too!

Mentioning some of these maps brings up some good memories playing back when Monsoon and Spec Ops servers would be full! I it's hard to pick any favorites, all were/are fun and they are varied enough to fit any style of play.

I had a couple of custom COOP favorites that used to be on macknhack's server way back in 06-07, but can't remember the names!

Hey Legionnaire bubdy,  Spec ops was a awesome server actually the best server ever,when that went down so did Nova!.

I played PR with a Legionnaire today, same guy? :)

I never even knew about Joint Ops to be honest. Whats the craic?

This Strategic Guide gives some hint what it used to be in the past, there isn't many really good gameplay videos of it out there, which would show more than trickshots and general foolery.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/32770/manuals/Strategy%20Guide_8.pdf?t=1403940909

It were more realistic (and open world) than vanilla BFs (1942 and Vietnam) and more "fun" (some people called it more arcadey) than Battleground Europe (ArmA 1, were not around) back in the 2004 when it were aired to public.

When this game gets going we'll have to create an elite Squad from all these old JO players!

I'm pretty sure that SQD will be that much different in many aspects that we can drop our leetnes to past and re-visit on bootcamp. ;)

rulie   

Yeah, I talked ole MO into signing up this morning. Sent "iamjesus" a PM this morning along with the squad link, told him to get in touch with Willimos and Robkaos and get them on here. I will get on Stranger; Paul; and 1shot here shortly and light a fire under their arses also. It shouldnt be long and we will have a good contingency of KFK here.

Good work POD...did i just see revs sign up here too??? This is just fantastic guys!!. Lets get as many of the Joint Ops as we can. Should be around on TS tonight if you are free PODNAH. B)

revs   

I do not have any favorite maps on JO.

I like them all,(nearly) That map they put back in the rotation,

all that was ised nearly in were, grenade launchers.

I do not care for it at all.

Good to see all those that killed me often in JO.

MikeDude   

From someone who come purely from the PR community who has never played Joint Ops.
Are there some cool teamwork oriented gameplay vids? Like those you see from Project Reality?

I would like to see some :)

Not PR level of video and editing etc. quality I'm afraid and the teamwork videos (vanilla versions) and match videos I have seen can be counted in one hand fingers, it were just not the thing.. The games peak were in times when YouTube and net videos weren't a thing yet and since it didn't have such a active on going development as ie. PR. Those never come popular even later on.. plus the HW tax of recording back in the day when there still were good teamwork around in daily basis. But I could say I'm noob on this game since I did get it as late as 2006 and started to play over internet, before that only offline campaigns and coop and some lan.

Best bet is IC and IC:E mods and tournament videos as they were usually recorded more or less promotion in mind.

etc.

Only ever really played escalation, though I do think that JO was a game ahead of its time. Can't remember the name of the maps so I'll go for descriptions.

Middle group of 3 flags on an old temple style ruin, used to run around with AT mines and grenades to blow up tanks.

Long winding valley with bunkers on all the flags, perfect MP5SD and AT mine action.

Some open ground, lots of small water creeks, patches of trees. Centre was I think chemical installation. Used to snipe a lot on this one.

Towards the end of my time playing they had JO:E servers with TR maps on them, really liked the island ones.

Went under the alias Sars99 back then, and jesus it was 10 years ago that I first started playing (my first online FPS).

1-shot   

Hello rulie and all you other guys nice to see you all again all the maps are cool as long as I can kill Podnah & Mo these part time gamers again  lol  I will be happy haha :P

Only ever really played escalation, though I do think that JO was a game ahead of its time. Can't remember the name of the maps so I'll go for descriptions.

Middle group of 3 flags on an old temple style ruin, used to run around with AT mines and grenades to blow up tanks.

Valley of the Four Mists

Long winding valley with bunkers on all the flags, perfect MP5SD and AT mine action.

Berkabut Valley

Some open ground, lots of small water creeks, patches of trees. Centre was I think chemical installation. Used to snipe a lot on this one.

I think it were ... "Baram Manufacturing Plant" (three middle bases overlapping each other?) One of my favourites.

Towards the end of my time playing they had JO:E servers with TR maps on them, really liked the island ones.

Went under the alias Sars99 back then, and jesus it was 10 years ago that I first started playing (my first online FPS).

PS. I think we have met there then, I used to play pretty much daily on Zwiehander 1, which were the server you are describing I assume, since US didn't have any popular mixed (both TR / E) server at the time what I can remember. :)

I do not have any favorite maps on JO.

I like them all,(nearly) That map they put back in the rotation,

all that was ised nearly in were, grenade launchers.

I do not care for it at all.

Good to see all those that killed me often in JO.

Welcome to Squad revs good to see you here!..

Always liked the Swamp maps 

Hi Salami,welcome to Squad,agree the swamp maps were actually good!.

Hello rulie and all you other guys nice to see you all again all the maps are cool as long as I can kill Podnah & Mo these part time gamers again  lol  I will be happy haha :P

Yay! 1-shot welcome to Squad mate,seem like you may have that chance.

It's really good to see so many Ex-JO's in here. :D

PS. I think we have met there then, I used to play pretty much daily on Zwiehander 1, which were the server you are describing I assume, since US didn't have any popular mixed (both TR / E) server at the time what I can remember. :)

Yes Barum Manufacturing Plant! Now you mentioned the names I remember them. There was a tree from the central control zones that you could 'climb' (you know the bendy branch one), from there your had a view onto obj F. Perfect for my L115.

I remember two series of euro servers that my clan would play on (TPM). Zweihander was definitely one, again can't remember the name of the other.

I'd say PR has been the best online gaming/community I've played on, but the peak days of JO are a very close 2nd.

Yes Barum Manufacturing Plant! Now you mentioned the names I remember them. There was a tree from the central control zones that you could 'climb' (you know the bendy branch one), from there your had a view onto obj F. Perfect for my L115.

I remember two series of euro servers that my clan would play on (TPM). Zweihander was definitely one, again can't remember the name of the other.

I'd say PR has been the best online gaming/community I've played on, but the peak days of JO are a very close 2nd.

Hi ya AnimalMother,I've hadn't much play time in Escalation, but I do recall some good players of that time DimoN and Nano-Virus gawd they did dish out the hurt.. :lol:

You're probably correct about PR,I never really played it because in those days I wanted something fast pace and brutal, you know Kill be Killed.Now I'm much older and need some Squad in my Soul!

I know between 2004 to 2008 were the best times for JOps and now it's basically dead.(still playit weekends)

What I just did found on my old HDD, who is there. :P

SS00220.jpg

God those names! Yep that'd be me. Do you have a date from when that was taken?

I've just downloaded all my old xfire screenshots. Got one where I had a double with the MP5SD. Will rummage around my HD to see if I can't find more!

rulie   

From someone who come purely from the PR community who has never played Joint Ops.

Are there some cool teamwork oriented gameplay vids? Like those you see from Project Reality?

I would like to see some :)

Hi MikeDude, here's a couple of vids for you. The first is mine from a 2012 International Conflict T.IC comp. and the second is a 2006 JO.E ASO vs AE squad Final from our aussie servers back in the day.

God those names! Yep that'd be me. Do you have a date from when that was taken?

I've just downloaded all my old xfire screenshots. Got one where I had a double with the MP5SD. Will rummage around my HD to see if I can't find more!

I suspect it is created August 2009, but it is copied so many times with so many filesystems that it might be wrong date.

Heh, atleast Me, Kyuss and Mons are bledging the SQD from that list if all goes as planned. :D Need try to lurk Kinetic also here, but he is more interested footbal games these days. I don't know what TCs are doing, atleast I have seen one of them online in Origin, but for him SQD were too serious atleast that were his opinion in xmas.

Berkabut Valley were blast for sneaky gameplay.. It were heck of fun even with 64 players what I can remember.

PS @Rulie great videos mate...

MikeDude   

It kinda looks like PR on an even older Battlefield engine.

Weird that I only hear about this game now, on these forums. But I guess I was playing PR when you guys were all playing that game :)

It kinda looks like PR on an even older Battlefield engine.

Weird that I only hear about this game now, on these forums. But I guess I was playing PR when you guys were all playing that game :)

We all came from Delat Force and moved to JOps and agree the engine was pretty bad but the game play was great.

2008 Nova released Delat Force Extreme 2...That i never played because it was,can I say it (pukeable) just a ripoff! :)

We have been awaiting on false promise on the release of  Delta Force Angel Falls using CryEngine.

QGncWcG.jpg

rulie   

WOW!! hi mate...haven't seen you in awhile. Welcome to SQUAD 1-shot :) You can't just come here and say hi man...you gotta give us your top JO maps!! :P:D

rulie   

We all came from Delat Force and moved to JOps and agree the engine was pretty bad but the game play was great.

2008 Nova released Delat Force Extreme 2...That i never played because it was,can I say it (pukeable) just a ripoff! :)

We have been awaiting on false promise on the release of  Delta Force Angel Falls using CryEngine.

QGncWcG.jpg

RD................................................lol!!..are you trying to get banned again or sumfin? :rolleyes:

Kesha F1   

Hello comrades! Kesha here!  :rolleyes: I will join to Squad after release. Also i play in BF2: PR - great mod.  :ph34r: So, KFK here - great choose for me.  B)

My top AAS maps in Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

1. Tobo Wetlands.
2. Kecoa Crossroads (with my favorite B-base!).
3. Tanah Highlands.
4. Padang River Basin.
5. Laba Laba Archipeligo.
6. Flooded Village.

Hey Kesha you old военком ! :lol:

My list of maps in no defined order (containing mostly JO:E maps as those are the ones I mostly played).

Denai Chemical Compoud

Baram Manufacturing Plan

Kota Jiwa Ruins

Berkabut Valley

Kendari Airport

Blackrock Beach (in JO:E with overheating vehicle turrents)

Kutu Arms Market (in JO:E with AT-mines)