rulie

What is your top 6 fav Joint Ops AAS maps

rulie   

Seems to be more and more Joint Ops players showing up here every week. One day we might be able to get a remake of a Joint Ops map for SQUAD. All the ingredients are here to show players from other communities (ArmA, BF2, etc) what the v.1.00 AAS maps were like back in the day and a possible remake down the road. Sometimes dreams come true.

I'll kick things off with my top 6 maps and a couple of SS's of the remixes i made for them.

Tanah Highlands

Karo Highlands

Salwa Spaceport

Denai Chemical Compound

Kubong Island Bridge ( i especially like this map cause it has bong in the map name. :lol: )

and the mysterious, but rarely ever seen...

Gila Marsh.

TANNAH_STOCK.jpg

TANNAH_RULIE.jpg

KARO_STOCK.jpg

KARO_RULIE.jpg

SALWA.jpg

DENAI_CHEM.jpg

KUBONG.jpg

"How to kill a Madd1steve in a Gila Marsh" - Devs please take note of the critter sound FX in this short vid. :)

Yay rulie mate!

Excellent choices mate, one of my all time favorites there.

Denai Chemical Compound...Never really played this one,probably years ago on Coop?

One of my favorites of all time is Flooded Village.

This re carnation of old JO Maps with the UE4 engine will look awesome!

PS. I'll have a good think about My top 6 are later,but yeah "Flooded Village" my 1st. :)

RAVEN   

Karo Highlands

Two Dragons Gorge

Straits of Malacca

Lumber Mill (sumgi sabe?)

Flooded Village

Wasteland

MMmm.. Would be nice .. really nice. I think it will be a community mod that gives us those reloaded maps. :)

Denai Chemical Compoud is one of really nice. about 5 km x 1.5 km map. @RD .. Denai is JO:E stock maps, so if you have only JO:TR..

Straits of Malacca anyone.. 60 km^2 of AAS awesomeness... I just tried to compose the map of it in HiRes, but at the middle point my Paint.net said I have not enough memory ofter sceenshot no. 40 ... I have it 16 Gb installed :D :D

I'll try to get some time at evening to make longer post with more details and stuff... :)

OK Top 6

1) Flooded Village (cos I came 1st other night). :D

2) Tana Highlands

3) Black Rock Beach

4) Bumbu Channel

5) Dormant Volcano Island

6) The Twin Islands

This what I can remember,I probably have forgotten even better Maps!

PS. WARti "Straits of Malacca" was awesome map with 100 players!...good memories Indeed.

OK Top 6

1) Flooded Village (cos I came 1st other night). :D

2) Tana Highlands

3) Black Rock Beach

4) Bumbu Channel

5) Dormant Volcano Island

6) The Twin Islands

This what I can remember,I probably have forgotten even better Maps!

It seems so ;) j/k ...But seriously there is really good maps that haven't been in any rotation for many years by now (like 7..8). After more so after the SpecOps Reloaded did shut down a few years ago. :(

rulie   

MMmm.. Would be nice .. really nice. I think it will be a community mod that gives us those reloaded maps. :)

Well,...we have LaughingJack here now so i am sure he would be very interested. Rebuilding them from scratch may take some time though. If i can rustle up Genocide A.E. and Topaxci=CHI= and a few other quality mappers we might be able to make our SQUAD Devs a serious promise or two. B)

Love all those maps, but especially Sungai Sabe, Dormant Volcano Island, Kutu Arms Market, and I can't remember the name of it, but it has the face sculpture/waterfall in it. I used to take new players to the top, grab parachutes and BASE jump into the river on the COOP version!

Love all those maps, but especially Sungai Sabe, Dormant Volcano Island, Kutu Arms Market, and I can't remember the name of it, but it has the face sculpture/waterfall in it. I used to take new players to the top, grab parachutes and BASE jump into the river on the COOP version!

Legionnaire buddy long time no see,welcome to squad...

it be kinda awesome for some of our JO maps reworked on the UE4 engine.

Good to see you!

The AAS version of it is named Kota Jiwa Ruins (JO:E).. It also have the rope bridge or how it is called in her majestys language. Absolutely favourite of mine, the AAS version I mean. While the layout of bases is rather basic, but the map itself makes it a blast, since there is basicly 3 to 4 routes every base and it bottlenecks always one or two of those, but still some were typically poorly defended. The rebel side were a lots more powerfull as the map were asymmetrical in good way. ...Zodiac wars and no helos with tubenades <3

Never played Joint Operations :(

Can still play the game,it's cheap as chips.No updates since 2008?

Unfortunately what is left player wise are cheats/chammas. :(

Saying that on Sunday I played 50players and I came tops! :D

Got a mate from Poland called GeRo headshot King...

Can still play the game,it's cheap as chips.No updates since 2008?

Unfortunately what is left player wise are cheats/chammas. :(

Steam summer sale about $10.

..And not only cheat / chammas, but the amount (and overall quolity) of players doesn't make a justise for the game in sense there is no more those really good teamwork evenings etc. more just old beards fraggin' each others some with more seriously than others (although playing for objectives, always on those "bowl" servers). Own twist comes from old TDM players like GeRo who are just looking some nice frags and not so much real teamplay, but everyone their own. :)

Never played Joint Operations :(

You have lost one interesting piece of FPS history unfortunately. :(

Brandii   

Hello Rulie..Thanks for inviting me over here..Game looks good..I don't really have a fav map from Jo...I like them all I suppose.  :rolleyes:  :wub:

I am so use to calling you Dr.Enceladus..

So Yes, I heard of SQUAD  from Rulie

PODNAH   

Karo Highlands

Padang river basin

Palu rice paddies

Straits of Malaca

tanah highlands

Laba Laba Archipeligo

I really liked Gila Marsh also. However, I found that it was not a good map for alot of players. I was a good map for a small group of players because the control points were close together and laid out in a circle. It would work well for a larger group if the map was expanded and the control points were spread a little farther apart.

rulie   

Karo Highlands

Padang river basin

Palu rice paddies

Straits of Malaca

tanah highlands

Laba Laba Archipeligo

YAY!! MO is here now too!!! Great to see you my friend. Welcome to SQUAD! B)

rulie   

I have already tried to lurk Topaxci here. :) Hopefully you have more leverage. :lol:

I just sent Topaxci an email WARti...I'll hold him down while you twist his arm...but don't twist it too hard, he will need it in good working order to make us some awesome maps!! :)

Hello Rulie..Thanks for inviting me over here..Game looks good..I don't really have a fav map from Jo...I like them all I suppose.  :rolleyes:  :wub:

I am so use to calling you Dr.Enceladus..

So Yes, I heard of SQUAD  from Rulie

Holly smoke! It's our own Brandii!...Welcome to Squad! :wub:

Watch out guys we have a killer gul in here! :P

Karo Highlands

Padang river basin

Palu rice paddies

Straits of Malaca

tanah highlands

Laba Laba Archipeligo

I really liked Gila Marsh also. However, I found that it was not a good map for alot of players. I was a good map for a small group of players because the control points were close together and laid out in a circle. It would work well for a larger group if the map was expanded and the control points were spread a little farther apart.

Good selection PODNAH. Good to see you mate!

Gila Marsh can't recall that one?.

Karo Highlands

Padang river basin

Palu rice paddies

Straits of Malaca

tanah highlands

Laba Laba Archipeligo

Yay another JO!! Welcome to Squad mate!.. :)

PODNAH   

YAY!! MO is here now too!!! Great to see you my friend. Welcome to SQUAD! B)

Yeah, I talked ole MO into signing up this morning. Sent "iamjesus" a PM this morning along with the squad link, told him to get in touch with Willimos and Robkaos and get them on here. I will get on Stranger; Paul; and 1shot here shortly and light a fire under their arses also. It shouldnt be long and we will have a good contingency of KFK here.

Legionnaire buddy long time no see,welcome to squad...

it be kinda awesome for some of our JO maps reworked on the UE4 engine.

Good to see you!

You too!

Mentioning some of these maps brings up some good memories playing back when Monsoon and Spec Ops servers would be full! I it's hard to pick any favorites, all were/are fun and they are varied enough to fit any style of play.

I had a couple of custom COOP favorites that used to be on macknhack's server way back in 06-07, but can't remember the names!

Yeah, I talked ole MO into signing up this morning. Sent "iamjesus" a PM this morning along with the squad link, told him to get in touch with Willimos and Robkaos and get them on here. I will get on Stranger; Paul; and 1shot here shortly and light a fire under their arses also. It shouldnt be long and we will have a good contingency of KFK here.

When this game gets going we'll have to create an elite Squad from all these old JO players!

WebCole   

When this game gets going we'll have to create an elite Squad from all these old JO players!

I played PR with a Legionnaire today, same guy? :)

I never even knew about Joint Ops to be honest. Whats the craic?