GenericUsername

Destroyable buildings

I was just thinking about this: do you guys plan on making destructible stuff in Squad? Like maybe destroying bridges or small stuff like doors, windows etc.

How about when, explosion hit wall, it's just make hole on it and no small pieces of it. Just put some texture junk under it and it will look cool.

I think there should be the possibility to destroy walls, doors and others in order to make it even more realistic.

I guess they once said, that there wont be destruction. The maps are just to big (performance) and it would take too much time too do it, for such an cosmetic feature.

But they said there will be proper penetration regarding the materials.

Would be great though :)

I would love to see destruction implemented and functioning.

The maps are just to big (performance) and it would take too much time too do it, for such an cosmetic feature.

Sadly, this is the truth :(

I would very much like to see destructible buildings, particularly when it comes to Tank Shells and C4.
But I am pretty sure it will be added later on down the track. :)

I would like to see this down the road, but now, the devs should focus on performance, and vehicles.  :)

I was just thinking about this: do you guys plan on making destructible stuff in Squad? Like maybe destroying bridges or small stuff like doors, windows etc.

Devs, PLEASE do add destructible environments similar to Battlefield..This game is alredy great, but adding destructible environments would take it to the next level!

The idea of destructable buildings in Squad is a great idea. In fact, the developers of Squad are already working on a system of a modular building system which they can use in their maps in the October 2015 update for squad, located here. This is talked about by Bluedrake42 in his video on the November 5th update for Squad. He mentions that yes, the developers are using a similar building system for both forward operation bases (FOB) and for the whole map overall, like in screenshots here. However, if destruction is implemented in this modular building system, the impact on player performance (FPS) is a main concern for the developers. Now, I know that Unreal Engine 4, the engine that Squad is built on, does a well job performance-wise when it comes to destruction. Bluedrake42 also points out in the same video, as he has talked to Iron, one of the developers of Squad, that possibility of destruction in this scale might be there. Certainly, if the developers have decided that there will be this destruction in Squad, they are working on it now or later on.

Also, I want to point out that the type of destruction that the community, including I, really do want, at best, is a Battlefield-esque destruction visualized here.

Edited by Zero

Destruction is boring.. Oh, a building complex and enemies holding it, lets blow that shit up for the win. Half hours later... a flat map with only spam from vehicles.

Bad Company 2 had the best destruction so far out of all the battlefield games, the new ones just give it some cinematic flare. Bad Company 2 the destruction was actually useful for combat and beating opponents. Though it is kind of cartoonish, it would be very fun on Squad because you have this realistic shooter then all of a sudden this cartoon wall explosion and just mayhem. 

B5XAM99.jpg

Ok, I just thought I'd put this here to end this debate once and for all. What you're seeing is the result of a M72A6, or the 66mm AT Rocket Launcher that the US uses in Squad. Don't let Hollywood fool you into thinking that everything goes up in a big fireball with destruction from the wazoo.

Yes destruction would be nice, but keep in mind that the above picture is what really happens. Personally I believe the dev's would be better off to put their time and effort into other features that will change the game for the better. Ie. better performance and a solid map design that doesn't require destruction to make every battle different. I don't know about you guys, but a solid stable FPS above 60 at all times is what I'm more concerned with. Destruction and destructable walls will eat into it too much for this stage of development (and probably for the foreseeable future).

Having a few 'select' doors and gates that could be 'breechable' would be more of a realistic goal to shoot for.

i hope when it is in the game. than is it more realistic than in all the other games.  you need many stuff to make hole , big enough for a men in a wall. not a single 40mm  or rpg etc. 

I can remember, how disappointing it was ... the first real hand grenade explosion ,  the first 40mm on a wall ( hole smaler as a hand on the surface) , the first pf3 110mm warhead in a wall ( a hole enough for a smal dog not more -  IN A NORMAL  BRIG WALL  ) .....    ;)

the most what you see in youtube videos is big and wow - but its only the dust ! and the result  when the dust settles is very very small ^^

The maps are way to big for them to make a destructive environment. But, perhaps they can make a much smaller map that has a destructive environment.