Dani

Help my PC build..

Hello all
So iam considering about making my new PC.
For now, i'd like to start with the "average" graphic card since i don't play games in high-end graphic, instead of maybe with medium graphic.
I'm thinking about making PC with GeForce GT 740 . 
What is the possible build for this GPU? And with the cheapest possible way so it can have it max GT740 performance?
(like when you bought GTX 970, you can buy i5 instead of i7 to take the GPU performance)
Thank's

Personally, as a bare minimum I would be looking at a Nvidia 960 and NOT an Nvidia 740.

In reality a Nvidia 740 will run like crap as its 2 or somthing generations behind the current Nvidia 900 series.

You need to ask yourself, am I confident in overclocking? What parts can I reuse (ie. case, power supply ect)? Because all these things can save you $$$.

:)

currently, iam using my crap laptop with Nvidia 310m, wich is very old
And for the PC, its a new thing for me.
900 series, not GTX right? or is this the same thing? (sorry, iam new to this acknowledge.. in fact iam searching the information about it from 2 days ago)

And for the PC, its a new thing for me.

So you're not familiar with computers or building computers too I imagine?

In that case, you might be better off with a "pre built" PC from a local computer shop.

What budget are you looking are spending in Indonesian Rupiah? So we (the community) can price out what you need and can spend. :)

900 series, not GTX right? or is this the same thing? (sorry, iam new to this acknowledge.. in fact iam searching the information about it from 2 days ago)

Not sure, but I think GTX brand has not been used for a few years now with Nvidia.

go for a i7 no less and gtx 970ti maybe or go for a 980 if you can

So you're not familiar with computers or building computers too I imagine?

In that case, you might be better off with a "pre built" PC from a local computer shop.

What budget are you looking are spending in Indonesian Rupiah? So we (the community) can price out what you need and can spend. :)

Not sure, but I think GTX brand has not been used for a few years now with Nvidia.

Yes, this is new for me. 

(this part still converted into Rupiah with "normal" indonesia economy, $1 = Rp10,000)<-- since now in 2015, we have economy crisis with $1 = 13,000

I want to make with roughly $500 - $700 (Rp5,000,000 - Rp7,000,000)

And, i've searched a little before i post this, and maybe i decided to go i3 3220 2nd gen, with Inno3D GTX 960, and its cost about $440 or Rp 4,400,000 

I've search the i3 2nd gen with GTX 960, it wouldnt be bottleneck as far as i know from the internet. 

About the Inno3D GTX 960, i choose it because of its price ($280 or Rp2,800,000) and my friend says that its better than MSI or ASUS brand in my country (My friend have MSI GTX 960 btw, and i asked him, he suggest me Inno3D because its better than MSI)

So, there is, $440 or Rp4,400,000 , And the remaining item please suggest me, with (maybe) reasonable price (i mean, not the items that is not neccessary for my rig, like PSU with 900w, or somekind)

Thank you, :)

I was thinking since you're basically on the equator, any overclocking would be highly NOT recommended unless you have sufficient cooling due to the local tropical climate. :)

I was thinking since you're basically on the equator, any overclocking would be highly NOT recommended unless you have sufficient cooling due to the local tropical climate. :)

Thank's for suggestion mate :)

If you're into serious gaming, DO NOT use a lap top. Make sure you further your gaming experience.

If you're into serious gaming, DO NOT use a lap top. Make sure you further your gaming experience.

Yeah, that's why i need you guys to help me with this PC build

Why not? Some people prefer the flexibility a laptop has to offer at the expense of a bit of performance.

Plus desktop PCs tend to be really noisy. I remember when i had one of those monsters, my wife wanted to kick me out of the house every time I played a game becaise of the coolers working hard and making a heck of a noise.

With the advancement of computer components (fans, water cooling) the noise concerns nowadays are largely unfounded.  Im using a Cooler Master full case with 4 massive fans and water cooling and Im sitting right beside it with no real appreciable noise.  It is no worse than having a small room fan running in the background.

What peripherals/components do you already have and what do you need? For example you already have a monitor and sometime of mouse and KB I assume, do you need a copy of windows fit into your budget aswell?

I want to make the PC with these specification / condition :
Proccessor: Intel i3 3220
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
(the cost above is about $450)
Total cost (just for CPU, case and other part not included) : around $500 - $700
So, what other part should i need? And with effectivenes of the cost recomended (like, its enough to have this)
Thank's

With the advancement of computer components (fans, water cooling) the noise concerns nowadays are largely unfounded.  Im using a Cooler Master full case with 4 massive fans and water cooling and Im sitting right beside it with no real appreciable noise.  It is no worse than having a small room fan running in the background.

You may be right.

I haven't used a desktop for gaming since 2007 :)

I fried my laptop playing SkyRim in 90-100 degree temps in Nevada, well the graphics chip fried anyway, wish the cooling fans were improved for laptops.

I have a Cooler Master big tower lots of room for extras, prob going to add water cooling to its rebuild with new MB and Gcard.

If your creating a custom PC for gaming then you will need:-

2.5 gig processor

8 gig of RAM

Haswell or higher (z/h 97)

GTX 750 or ATI/AMD 260X or better

1TB hdd

500 watt 80+ PSU

That would be my suggestion

Don't even look at a video card under US$100/AUD$100 , they are crap

The new 3xx ATI/AMD cards are not far off

Hello all
So iam considering about making my new PC.
For now, i'd like to start with the "average" graphic card since i don't play games in high-end graphic, instead of maybe with medium graphic.
I'm thinking about making PC with GeForce GT 740 . 
What is the possible build for this GPU? And with the cheapest possible way so it can have it max GT740 performance?
(like when you bought GTX 970, you can buy i5 instead of i7 to take the GPU performance)
Thank's

The build you have is pretty underpowered.

Go here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc
Logical Increments - PC Buying Guide
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/#X=0,50000

You don't need an i7, a i5 will survive you many years, and GTX 960 is good, but a GTX 970 or AMD 290X are better and more future proof. I recommended the getting at least $700-$800 and buying parts listed on the logical increments website. wait until at least summer is over, as prices will drop on these cards with AMD's 300 series being released this week, and the FURY series by the end of the month, along with sales coming at the end of summer break for back to school you can get some good deals.

ok all, so i've made my mind
proccessor: Intel i3 3220 (since iam on budget, and it will not bottlenecking with Nvidia, and i don't plan any overclocking)
VGA: GTX 960
RAM: 2x4GB

And for the rest, i'll just ask my computer consultant people in my city,

Motherboard - 90-110

RAM:  80-100

GTX960 - US$200 in USA , AUD$300 in Australia

I recommend getting the Duel Core Intel G3258 3.2GHZ CPU instead of the I3 and just overclock it (If you don't know how , pay someone to do it)

In my view I3's are crap and you might aswell get the G3258 or the i5

Also new AMD/ATI 3xx cards are around the corner , might be worth investing 200-300 bucks into an AMD 3xx Directx12 video card instead of the 960

Also if your getting an haswell type CPU , chances are youll need a 80+ rated PSU

I recommend WD BLUE or WD BLACK HDD

I recommend Intel or Kingston HyperX/HyperX Savage SSD's

I recommend Kingston HyperX RAM

I recommend Silverstone PSU's

ok all, so i've made my mind
proccessor: Intel i3 3220 (since iam on budget, and it will not bottlenecking with Nvidia, and i don't plan any overclocking)
VGA: GTX 960
RAM: 2x4GB

And for the rest, i'll just ask my computer consultant people in my city,