Sign in to follow this  
Daruth

Possible KickStarter AK47 skin, thoughts please.

2GkF5WC.png?1

Hello everyone! The Squad HYPE is real right now for us all!

I suggested long ago on the forums that we should have gun skins for early backers. It turns out this actually happened, which is awesome! The inspiration (copy) was from big FPS games that include more customization for weapons, like camos. When i was suggesting this i didn't want a tone of customization btw :)  It just sounds like a nice way for early backers too stand out from the crowd a little.

I've seen the camos for Squad backers already, I think there great! However i was thinking of something slightly different... As you can see the image shows a shuttle camo. The wood on the AK is lighter and there is markings on the gun with the word Founder. This is too help backers stand out alittle more than the current AK texture, without looking too insane.

Give me your thoughts below, good or bad i dont mind :) If you all like it, maybe the devs will tweak there current AK look for backers (making a more lighter version).

Normal players:

Dark wooden AK with no markings

Backers:

Light wooden AK with small markings

Cheers - Daruth505

This is only a tweaked texture from an already made texture and model, i do not call this as my own work. It is only too put a point across too the squad backers and devs.

To be blunt, I don't like the fact that I would see the word founder scratched into my weapon, especially on the side which is stared at in first person view. :P

I really like the current founder skins, they're nothing fancy and actually realistic (there's a thread with a bunch of references for the tape on the AK). Whereas founder being written on the weapon... ehhh.

I like your idea of different furniture (wood) though. That would be cool on certain weapons.

I think a 'perk' skin for the AK would work better with a nice light coat of spray paint that fits the environment you're playing in.

Something to put you out from the crowd, but nothing to really detract from the whole experience. 

Also, having 'founder' etched into the side of the dust cover (or anywhere for that matter) just seems... really, really gimmicky to me for some reason.

but, props to you for putting in the effort to your suggestion at least.

@Assifuah        Thank you for your nice reply, i think a different wood finish would be nice for backers :) The founder markings might be abit annoying to the viewer depending on the players view on the weapon. But obviously I think its okay, if not rushed by me that is XD 

@M81ERDL  Nice comment dude, possible spray on camos might be an issue tho... If its woodland and you go into a snow map for instance (unless it changes, but i dont want too many camos in squad). It didn't take too much effort as you can see i didn't create the model...etc. But i wanted too put my suggestion out there. Just too see if we can slightly change the current backer one.

@M81ERDL Nice comment dude, possible spray on camos might be an issue tho... If its woodland and you go into a snow map for instance (unless it changes, but i dont want too many camos in squad). It didn't take too much effort as you can see i didn't create the model...etc. But i wanted too put my suggestion out there. Just too see if we can slightly change the current backer one.

if they already have backer skins put together i doubt theyll be changing them. sorry mate dont wanna sound discouraging :/ you clearly know how to edit textures though so why not continue brainstorming for new stuff? maybe camo patterns for new factions

If they even do one, I'd definitely want a Khyber Pass AKM. AKS-74 folding stock on an AKMS with some mismatched wood upper/lower handguards or something.

Again, the only thing I find interesting is that giving the AK-74 the founder skin, I believe they intend to keep the AK-74 all class and the primary weapon of the unconventional factions, while the AKM will be an alternate (which is the opposite of how it was in PR, I believe).

Where can the current founder skins be found?

Ejuy2GF.jpg

The M4 is floating around somewhere on the forums too.. can't find it. :(

Awesome comments ppl, keep em rolling in :) nice discussion too help the devs. Even if we include unicorn videos for a 7 second LOL

Well if I have to comment on it, it definitely won't be an AK47, as what we currently have is an AK74. Changing its damage, recoil and handling, that part won't happen :)

We will eventually have an AK47 (AKM more likely) in the future.

Other than that, we are basically doing what you are suggesting, other than we are not putting the word "founder" on the gun. Instead we want it to be a veterans weapon, for a veteran player of SQUAD.

Well if I have to comment on it, it definitely won't be an AK47, as what we currently have is an AK74. Changing its damage, recoil and handling, that part won't happen :)

We will eventually have an AK47 (AKM more likely) in the future.

Other than that, we are basically doing what you are suggesting, other than we are not putting the word "founder" on the gun. Instead we want it to be a veterans weapon, for a veteran player of SQUAD.

Thank you for your reply. The gun model isnt key here its just too show off my point. Its awesome your going with a lighter AK look for backers now :) success !! I think its an awesome way too go. Cheers you awesome dev!

How about some bling for the bad boy M249!?.. :)

Very Nice Indeed...

40951a6aaa06c08c3848ab72240ff73d_origina

Mate you need to throw that lead thrower to well and take a medpack and decent gun.. ;)

Mate you need to throw that lead thrower to well and take a medpack and decent gun.. ;)

Lead thrower,give it up?Never!,remember what I said, your big RedCross is going to be my marker!.. :D

I want my AK to look like it's been dragged around the back of a truck for days, buried under the earth for years, repaired with chewing gum and duct tape, and possibly missing its dust cover but I know that's asking too much.