Sign in to follow this  
Dextrix

Steam Summer Sale

This year the annual Steam Summer Sale is running from June 11 to June 21. 

What game do you plan on buying or recommend buying?

Personally, I recommend Fallout 3 and New Vegas, along with Metro 2033 and CS:GO.

the Metro Redux pack is fantastic. (to add to your Metro 2033 recommendation). buy it, its well worth the sale price.

I loved Metro 2033 and Last light, but I haven't played the Redux versions. I'm content with the originals. I'd install Enhanced Steam to see if games you are buying are cheaper anywhere else first. Other retailers will run sales to compete with the summer sale sometimes. 

Recommendations:

Valkryia Chronicles is really good so far, picked it up a few months ago and have to finish it still. 

Men of war 1 and/or Assault Squad (I've heard to buy assault squad 2 because it's the same game as 1 but improved. Steamworks Multiplayer and optimizations. I only own AS1) are really good. Tip: You can use backspace to slow down time if you are feeling overwhelmed. The second russian mission in MOW1 can do that to people. Probably the best world war 2 RTS/RTT in recent years. The developers are making a new game called Call To Arms which is like modern day men of war. 

Looking to buy

Wargame: European Escalation, Wargame: Red Dragon, Silent Hunter 3. Currently the WARGAME series pack is $25 on Steam and $12 on Amazon. Hoping Steam drops it to the $8 it was in May. 

From what I've seen Darkest Dungeon is a pretty nice game. It was also on Kickstarter and is on daily sale right now.

Recommendations:
Red Orchestra 2 with Rising Storm, Dark Souls

Wishing/Waiting:
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes & Phantom Pain, Resident Evil biohazard HD Remaster, Project Cars, The Witcher 3

Picked up the 2033 Redux. It was great the first time around, can't wait to play through it again!

So tempting. I have over 40 u played titles from the past summer sales plus Humble Bundle. Wish I had the time to play. Working sucks. Enjoy your free time while it last gentlemen. Who am I kidding, it's not the working. It's the being married with kids part

I picked up Last Light aka 2034. Get the Witcher 3 from GOG. They were running a sale if you got W3 with the expansion for $25, you got Witcher 1 and 2 for free.

I picked up metro redux, never have played them so its good to see people recommending it lol. And i bought the cs pack, dont like them.

Recommendations, Red Orchestra 2 for sure.. for $10 you get such a great game.. and ArmA ll is worth it too to play wasteland

Recommendations:

Valkryia Chronicles is really good so far, picked it up a few months ago and have to finish it still. 

I just bought Valkyria Chronicles, it has so many positive game review, I'm excited to play it :D

Recommendations: (I have one for nearly every genre if you ask me for a particular one)

- Insurgency (One of the best shooter releases in the last 1 to 2 years in my opinion),

- not CS:GO

- Teleglitch: die more edition (one of my favorite rogue like games at the moment)

- Nuclear throne (also a great rogue like game, but still in development if that is an issue)

- Skullgirls (Very well made fighting game with an unique style, I like it :) )

- Planetary Annihilation (unique RTS game, take a look at it)

- Otherworlds remastered (another RTS, great game with a fantastic remaster)

- Chivalry (First Person Swordfighting game with interesting sword play, check it out)

- RUST (survival exploration sandbox post (radiation area thingies) game, currently in development, I recommend it if you have a friend or more to play it with)

- ARK (survival exploration sandbox game like RUST but with dinosaurs, it is a little bit more forgiving with its persistence element and encourages teaming up more than RUST, I also recommend playing this game with friends like RUST).

- Terraria (Best 2D sandbox game yet (imagine 2D minecraft with a goal, tons of more items, bosses, looting.. and just way more features. you have to take a look at it))

i own both original metro 2033 and last light, are the reduxs really worth it?

For 2033 I'd say so, but I'm not sure what the big difference is for last light redux

Joint Operations is now -50%. If someone is interested to take a look of Classic Advance and Secure (AAS) game. If you haven't played this classic MMOish FPS you are lacking your FPS history knowledge.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32770/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Gamespy review (editors choice): http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/joint-operations-typhoon-rising-/525492p1.html

Gamemodes

* Advance and Secure gamemode (the v1)

* TDM

* TKOTH (team king of the hill)

* Capture the flag

* Flagball

* Deatmatch

* Advance and Conquer (BF conquer remake) etc. etc.

Map size: aprox. 7km * 7 km (21 km²) and bigger is not unheard.

PR style battletank operation, good spawn dynamics, sane medic system etc..

"Hardcore game" even in softcore settings compared to many others out there.

Unfortunately the quality of multiplayer PvP games are only faint shadows of the past so don't expect high quality tactical teamwork. All in all it will give you some quality time for a few hours with a few dollars.    .... If you can stand the aged graphics. :)

----

Also legendary Delta Force games are at sale at the moment. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down have biggest active playerbase of those.

On the same level as Monopoly?

It's even worse! Playing Monopoly with a friend ended in not talking with each other - after Nidhogg I just wanted to throw the controller in his f****** face. :P But he gave me the possibility to pledge here with his credit card - so he's still my buddy :)

H1Z1 for $9.99  [50% off] is a great deal currently.

Please don't buy that crap. Ehhh.

Chivalry is also cheap right now. Think it's fun but looks like you have to invest much time to be good.