Theo

Syrian civil war

I would also rather not see ISIS make an appearance, unless they are there for target practice.

+1

I mean LiveLeak of all places refused to show all those beheading videos and that caused a community uproar over there since they haven't censored anything. IS threat is too real and its too touchy to handle. Imagine what the media would see when someone uploads a video on YouTube entitled IS destroy Americans in Squad! That's not good attention to have.

Irregulars with AK's is fine by me.

Grand Theft Auto is absurd, not realistic, and even has satiric commentary on violence in video games. 

ISIS is a very open wound. Guys I get the philosophical aspects of your views, but this isn't philosophy 101. It is a business, and including ISIS will raise eyebrows at best, and tank the game at worst. Do you remember the Medal of Honor Taliban controversy. I do, and I can imagine what would happen with ISIS. Steam would kill it. Go mod it and stop asking for obscure factions based on some of the worst people to ever walk the earth. 

For iraqis dont you think falluja is a open wound?

It would be interesting to hear what a developer has to say about this

Thats okay as i have mentioned a lot of times before.

They should call it North american military, instead of US

Thats okay as i have mentioned a lot of times before.

They should call it North american military, instead of US

dude shut up.  

Why the fuck are you guys referring to the beheading and tortures that ISIS has done, I don't expect that to be in Squad. The same how we have other conventional factions in the game like US, UK, France etc. the same way ISIS should be in. When we play as them we just run around, be tactical and shoot that's it. No torture scenes nothing like that. That's why I said it is harmless to have them in.

Why the fuck are you guys referring to the beheading and tortures that ISIS has done, I don't expect that to be in Squad. The same how we have other conventional factions in the game like US, UK, France etc. the same way ISIS should be in. When we play as them we just run around, be tactical and shoot that's it. No torture scenes nothing like that. That's why I said it is harmless to have them in.

Well to you it might be harmless. To people involved in politics, media or humanitarian stuff along with others... yeah, they will have a big problem with it. If people are going to press on and argue to have ISIS in (which changes nothing either way, it's just a name and icon which you can probably mod yourself if you're that desperate) well, you're just increasing the chances of creating problems for the devs. Just think if the media catches on, surely someone would kick up a shit storm which the developers would then have to deal with... wasting time on that instead of doing what they want.

Same reason as GTA V being banned in 'Straya, in that one chain of stores...... some misinformed people would twist it to their own convoluted ways which other fools will agree with. Except an indie development team hasn't got a huge publisher behind them to take care of the mess.

The only reason why ISIS is not going to be implemented in Squad is because it's not a conventional army, which makes sense. ISIS are just a group of radical extremist. They're no different to a street gang anywhere else.

Project Reality has a Syrian Rebels faction. I'd like to see a faction similar to it in SQUAD too. 

im beginning to think you might actually be mentally challenged.

i've said it multiple times in this thread.

there are repercussions for the dev team when they commercially release their product. PR was a free to play mod. they could get away with putting in factions that were named their real-life names.

Squad is a commercial product being sold on a legitimate marketplace. ISIS is a politically heated topic at the moment and if the devs put ISIS in the game, it could attract bad media attention -- and that isn't what i foresee the devs want. they're not a large studio with a huge AAA publisher behind them. they dont have the funds or the personnel or legal power to protect their image and run PR campaigns in order to stave away bad media.

if this doesn't make any sense to you please just stop posting the same comment. you are literally shit posting at this point.

its not about any of the dumb aspects you've brought up, it's not about Western bias or oppressing the vast majority of Iraqi PC FPS players that im just so sure are going to be playing Squad -- it's about making rational. business. decisions.

please. use. your. brain.

im beginning to think you might actually be mentally challenged.

i've said it multiple times in this thread.

there are repercussions for the dev team when they commercially release their product. PR was a free to play mod. they could get away with putting in factions that were named their real-life names.

Squad is a commercial product being sold on a legitimate marketplace. ISIS is a politically heated topic at the moment and if the devs put ISIS in the game, it could attract bad media attention -- and that isn't what i foresee the devs want. they're not a large studio with a huge AAA publisher behind them. they dont have the funds or the personnel or legal power to protect their image and run PR campaigns in order to stave away bad media.

if this doesn't make any sense to you please just stop posting the same comment. you are literally shit posting at this point.

its not about any of the dumb aspects you've brought up, it's not about Western bias or oppressing the vast majority of Iraqi PC FPS players that im just so sure are going to be playing Squad -- it's about making rational. business. decisions.

please. use. your. brain.

So you really think that they will shut down a video game because of political reason? and who in America or where ever the developers live are going to support that? All your talk is focused on the east side of the world. If they have a problem how is it going to matter to us? They are going to email them saying "I don't like what you're doing in your project, please shut up down?" which law does that uphold? especially when the overall MEDIA is supporting it.

So you really think that they will shut down a video game because of political reason? and who in America or where ever the developers live are going to support that? All your talk is focused on the east side of the world. If they have a problem how is it going to matter to us? They are going to email them saying "I don't like what you're doing in your project, please shut up down?" which law does that uphold? especially when the overall MEDIA is supporting it.

this isn't the kind of media attention any game dev wants.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38740099/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/play-taliban-angle-controversial-medal-honor/#.VXpQVvlVhBc

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/08/AR2010090807219.html

No matter what you do to try to cover up your basis, the media will ALWAYS try to find a loop hole. Even if ISIS is not mention anyone can find something negative and oppressive to say about Squad that is just how the world is that's what I am saying. Just like that medal of honor article "You can play as the Taliban and shoot up US troops" perfect example. Squad is promoting the same thing, we might not see it that way but the media does. No matter what you try there will always be something to scrutinize a project.

No matter what you do to try to cover up your basis, the media will ALWAYS try to find a loop hole. Even if ISIS is not mention anyone can find something negative and oppressive to say about Squad that is just how the world is that's what I am saying. Just like that medal of honor article "You can play as the Taliban and shoot up US troops" perfect example. Squad is promoting the same thing, we might not see it that way but the media does. No matter what you try there will always be something to scrutinize a project.

basis or bias?

if you meant bias.. (its increasingly difficult to read your terrible English communication skills) im not going to try and cover up my bias at all. I'm an American and I support my military. ISIS can all go rot, along with every other insurgent force on the planet that seeks to inflict pain and suffering on civilian populations because they lack the spines to go toe-to-toe with the #1 organization that they know they can't defeat.

moving on, though -- my point is obviously sailing over your head.

i give you a specific reason and you blow it out of proportion and make some sort of stupid philosophical point that's so far out of the scope we're talking about its value to the conversation is nearly 0. we've drawn this thread out far past where it needed to go.

i'd really love it if a dev could simply come in here and give you the end story on this, even though it's probably been told to you multiple times already; and someone already linked you to a post earlier that quite explicitly drew out the answer to your philosophical-shitpost tantrum you're throwing in this thread.

We're going to be as generic as possible for the irregular forces. Hence why we changed the name for the Opposing force from Taliban to Insurgents, plus it gives us creative license to do whatever we want with them, for vehicles, gear, weapons, and how they look. As for locations we will probably take liberties from real world locations but most likely won't be set anywhere specific (except for whatever PR map remake wins that is). Figure I might as well get that out there.

We're going to be as generic as possible for the irregular forces. Hence why we changed the name for the Opposing force from Taliban to Insurgents, plus it gives us creative license to do whatever we want with them, for vehicles, gear, weapons, and how they look. As for locations we will probably take liberties from real world locations but most likely won't be set anywhere specific (except for whatever PR map remake wins that is). Figure I might as well get that out there.

Any chance for a european insurgent faction, simply named militia like in PR?

thanks, Spush.