Theo

Syrian civil war

just saying this wasnt a make isis suggestion. it could be any other rebel faction like FSA or IF which the west likes.

Well the thread tittle is "syrian civil war" that would for the most part mean ISIS

Well the thread tittle is "syrian civil war" that would for the most part mean ISIS

Not in my mind

the syrian civil war is WAY MORE than just islamic state

Add every single unit into the game that Theo is asking for so I can throw grenades at them and put 100 round bursts into their rag dolled corpses. pls

People need to stop being pussies and understand that it is only a game. implementing an ISIS faction is no different than a US or British faction, it's an army at the end of the day. It's not oppressive if we play as ISIS because a civil war is going on now. If that is the case that mean Squad should shutdown completely because it is oppressive to the Taliban or Insurgents that we're playing as Americans killing their people. So stop being one sided and WAKE UP!

you need to realize that the devs have to take into consideration the real repercussions of the product they're releasing to the public.

If someone want to put a video on youtube about Americans killing isis explaining how they hate them and troll youtube, you can't blame the game or the developers. It's a free world people do what they want. It is happening anyway you can't stop it and if you don't implement it into Squad it still is going to continue even after the war is over.

You are talking like I am offended. That is where you are wrong. I won't be offended you won't be either. Half the people on earth won't be offended. It's the other that is the problem. And they are at the moment one of the biggest threat to almost everyone on this planet, because they are everywhere. If me or you get offended by someone or something we usually don't do anything about other then talk it over because we have free speech. But that is where everything is different for IS. They are fighting AGAINST our free speech. This the problem. Not average joe on the street

I know about Russia and NK/China and I know in an event where the west crosses them it would be a bigger threat so don't quote saying IS is the biggest threat there is

You are talking like I am offended. That is where you are wrong. I won't be offended you won't be either. Half the people on earth won't be offended. It's the other that is the problem. And they are at the moment one of the biggest threat to almost everyone on this planet, because they are everywhere. If me or you get offended by someone or something we usually don't do anything about other then talk it over because we have free speech. But that is where everything is different for IS. They are fighting AGAINST our free speech. This the problem. Not average joe on the street

I know about Russia and NK/China and I know in an event where the west crosses them it would be a bigger threat so don't quote saying IS is the biggest threat there is

Im pretty sure Islamic state wouldnt be mad if they where portrayed fairly in a game.

I think they would actually promote it, like they did with arma 3

Im pretty sure Islamic state wouldnt be mad if they where portrayed fairly in a game.

I think they would actually promote it, like they did with arma 3

Rape, beheadings, torture, throwing acid on women, slavery, burning people alive, killing kids in front of their parents, human trafficking all appealing game mechanics to you? And you are right, Squad needs ISIS to help market the game... I am sure steam would love having an ISIS endorsed commercial product on their store. 

The some way in game an American soldier can disrespect ISIS by trolling in a video on youtube, some Arab can also go on youtube ans troll with an ISIS/Taliban/Insurgent killing an American soldier. So what's the difference? to each his own, you can't win either way so people need to stop being but hurt and just accept that it is LIFE. Having an ISIS faction shouldn't mean a damn thing regardless of what is going on now in Syria.

Rape, beheadings, torture, throwing acid on women, slavery, burning people alive, killing kids in front of their parents, human trafficking all appealing game mechanics to you? And you are right, Squad needs ISIS to help market the game... I am sure steam would love having an ISIS endorsed commercial product on their store. 

That simply wasnt what i said

And I don't expect either that the developers of Squad include beheading other factions, rape, torture etc. That's unnecessary. Just like every other faction the ISIS will just shoot and kill; And us playing as them will communicate and be tactical like how the game expect us to be. Come on guys it is completely harmless. If someone wants to troll US killing ISIS or vice versa on youtube that's their problem, they need to take up the responsibility and or the consequence. The game or developers should not be punished or taken accounted for.

The some way in game an American soldier can disrespect ISIS by trolling in a video on youtube, some Arab can also go on youtube ans troll with an ISIS/Taliban/Insurgent killing an American soldier. So what's the difference? to each his own, you can't win either way so people need to stop being but hurt and just accept that it is LIFE. Having an ISIS faction shouldn't mean a damn thing regardless of what is going on now in Syria.

The thing is though that an angry keyboard warrior is much less of a threat than an angry jihad warrior. You understand what I'm saying?

And ISIS do post those videos on youtube from time to time. That's why any decent armed force is bombing them. If you are willing to risk your life to add a faction to a game most disagree with you on I'm sure the devs would be willing to make you in charge of making ISIS into the game, so they don't get blown up

I do strongly agree with you in this post though. It shouldn't have to be like this. Problem is that it is though

I just want to say that anyone siting the ISIS Recruiting via Arma 3 as a reasonable argument is way off base and should re-evaluate their understanding of what gaming is and how people work. If someone was predesposed to radicalism I doubt they have a computer sitting in their home, let alone one with Arma3/Steam and it's even further of a stretch that these ISIS guys would spend their time modding a mission in A3 on the premise that they will recruit new fighters this way. There is so much wrong with that line of thought I think the writers next article was naming Witches and suggesting methods to dispose of said Succubus'. Are we in 1998, 1988, or 2015?

The thing is though that an angry keyboard warrior is much less of a threat than an angry jihad warrior. You understand what I'm saying?

And ISIS do post those videos on youtube from time to time. That's why any decent armed force is bombing them. If you are willing to risk your life to add a faction to a game most disagree with you on I'm sure the devs would be willing to make you in charge of making ISIS into the game, so they don't get blown up

I do strongly agree with you in this post though. It shouldn't have to be like this. Problem is that it is though

It really is not a problem

You really think that putting ISIS into a game is going to get you bomb? or scrutinized? It's no different to the propaganda that's on the news. So that mean no material of ISIS should be displayed on the news then? See it makes no sense.

I just want to say that anyone siting the ISIS Recruiting via Arma 3 as a reasonable argument is way off base and should re-evaluate their understanding of what gaming is and how people work. If someone was predesposed to radicalism I doubt they have a computer sitting in their home, let alone one with Arma3/Steam and it's even further of a stretch that these ISIS guys would spend their time modding a mission in A3 on the premise that they will recruit new fighters this way. There is so much wrong with that line of thought I think the writers next article was naming Witches and suggesting methods to dispose of said Succubus'. Are we in 1998, 1988, or 2015?

Every radical extremist group uses internet to recruit new recruits. They grow bigger every day from mostly teens struggling to fit in anywhere. They know the best place to find desperate teens is online, in games and social medias. Now I don't think they would make a mod though like you mention. But they sure as hell know how to use it.

It really is not a problem[/quote

I'm sorry but it is

I just want to say that anyone siting the ISIS Recruiting via Arma 3 as a reasonable argument is way off base and should re-evaluate their understanding of what gaming is and how people work. If someone was predesposed to radicalism I doubt they have a computer sitting in their home, let alone one with Arma3/Steam and it's even further of a stretch that these ISIS guys would spend their time modding a mission in A3 on the premise that they will recruit new fighters this way. There is so much wrong with that line of thought I think the writers next article was naming Witches and suggesting methods to dispose of said Succubus'. Are we in 1998, 1

E-Radicalisation is very real and very effective. http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/religion-geopolitics/reports-analysis/report/new-trends-youth-radicalisation

I don't think ISIS should be included at the moment. Squad's commercial, so the last thing we or the devs would want is the media getting a hold of the fact that teenagers are able to run round as ISIS blowing up American or British troops, and the outrage that would generate.

E-Radicalisation is very real and very effective. http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/religion-geopolitics/reports-analysis/report/new-trends-youth-radicalisation

I don't think ISIS should be included at the moment. Squad's commercial, so the last thing we or the devs would want is the media getting a hold of the fact that teenagers are able to run round as ISIS blowing up American or British troops, and the outrage that would generate.

Im just pointing out that you can already be the taliban, a deobandi islamist group

im really starting to lose my patience with you people in this thread.

its not about if it will offend people on youtube.

its about politics in a larger scheme of things, and the devs making the decision to feature a specifically named faction called "ISIS" in their commercially produced and sold video game title would have its own repercussions that you people in this thread clearly do not understand. seriously, drop it already. it's not going to happen in the base game.

get off this forum, go download UE4 and learn how to do it yourself. nobody's stopping you.

Im just pointing out that you can already be the taliban, a deobandi islamist group

As bad as they are, they're not the subject of almost daily front-page news reports. We've become almost normalised to the Taliban and al-Qaeda. Something I suspect will happen to ISIS in a decade or so. But until then you'll just have a media shitstorm if you include them. It's a bit like dressing up as a German soldier in the 40's would have been a big no-no, but nowdays it's fine for video-games to have you running around France and North Africa in a Panzer.

Agreed totally,that's the problem with the world and in general us Human beings...

The Taliban in Squad are not being referred to as Taliban. 

The Taliban in Squad are not being referred to as Taliban. 

Thats okay, and for once again it can also be another faction like IF or Fsa

All in all this isn't going to happen in Squad,I believe the developers will not Implement any of this factions into the game!

We can all talk about this subject,that's perfectly alright with me,freedom of speech and all that,but personally speaking this isn't going to happen,EVER.

So we are just all winding each other up for no reason.

Thats okay, and for once again it can also be another faction like IF or Fsa

you're quite persistent, aren't you?

i hope you take these questions seriously into consideration and do your best to put down coherent and well-thought-out responses.

• what kind of case is there to be made to the devs to pursue the route of naming the OPFOR factions in SQUAD after real life insurgent forces?
  • what are the pros, and the cons? can you come up with the most comprehensive list possible?
  • can you sell this idea to the devs -- make it persuasive and professional?
  • can you imagine any sort of potential downsides, as an indie game developer, to going the route you're suggesting?