Theo

Syrian civil war

How about adding the syrian army and maybe the islamic state or another non goverment group.

it would provide very interresting gameplay, in modes like AAS and such.

Most of the time rebel faction are fighting in insurgency modes where they are limitied to IED´s and ambush tactics, but with this scenario it would provide situaton where the "insurgents" both have tanks and tow missiles.

Download PR to have a taste of that

Anyway, I think things like these will come in the future (I don't know about ISIS though...) but it is way down the road

Insurgents are interchangeable with ISIS, Taliban, Al Quadia, Fedayeen, really any non-conventional force. Just use a little imagination and change the maps.

Insurgents are interchangeable with ISIS, Taliban, Al Quadia, Fedayeen, really any non-conventional force. Just use a little imagination and change the maps.

Its not about that.

These factions are no longer insurgent groupes but large scale fighting forces.

its about other game modes than insurgency, like AAS,

it would include tanks on both sides in urban settings.

the rebel faction also behave alot differnt in terms of tactics.

like Islamic state uses suicide bombs. The southern front does not.

The syrian army is also a lot different from the us army.

Also the more interesting gameplay it would provide compeard to normal Superpower vs Superpower kind of gamemode

what do you mean?

Well simply just the fact that by playing as ISIS and winning a round would be a bit like glorifying them. I would imagine some people would find this offensive. It's not really that hard to imagine seeing as IS is a group of extremists killing anyone, who doesn't read the same book as them, in the worst imaginable ways you can think of

It's just not something that Squad should be associated with. Solution would just be a faction called insurgents or rebels like in PR. Clean and politically correct

what do you mean?

ISIS is kind of a hot-topic issue right now.

adding them into a video game could invite a lot of bad media attention, due to allowing people to play as ISIS.

the media made a big hub-bub about the fact that somebody made an ISIS faction mod for ArmA 3.. and they also claimed ISIS made it, which is retarded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html

I would also rather not see ISIS make an appearance, unless they are there for target practice.

I would also rather not see ISIS make an appearance, unless they are there for target practice.

With AI in the style of the Four Lions +1

Edit: Just putting it out there we all know it's just a game, but not everyone. I.e gamergate etc

The game has America so why not the islamic state?

both countries are hated in a lot of countries

and you dont have to play as  them if you dont want to :)

Because the islamic state burns prisoners alive, beheads foreigners, and summarily executes anyone who they think is a problem. Also not a country, a rabble of hate mongering murderers. I don't think they deserve the recognition. Just my opinion of course.  

Because the islamic state burns prisoners alive, beheads foreigners, and summarily executes anyone who they think is a problem. Also not a country, a rabble of hate mongering murderers. I don't think they deserve the recognition. Just my opinion of course.  

The Us makes war with countries on the other side of the world and George bush is wanted by the UN criminal court and sentenced to death in indonesia for crimes against humanity.

Bombs children in Afghanistan and the tribal regions of pakistan.

supports Saudi Arabia and so on.

I dont care about recognition, its war and its relevant. :D

Agreed. Plus adding IS skins might cause a fatwah of some description to be issued on our SQUAD Devs...

and you dont have to play as  them if you dont want to  :)

America isn't driving around chopping peoples heads off, immolating them, waging holy wars and bringing about a religious State that stones people to death, or executes them in the streets for not adhering strictly to the standards of their own bastardized interpretation of an ancient religion.

You can respond to that sentence with your tin foil government hating hat on all you want, but ISIS is not comparable to America by any legitimate stretch of the imagination, and i've already outlined why it's not a great idea to include them in Squad.

and your last sentence is absurd, as well -- if they were put into the game as a playable faction, which is usually tied to a specific map or set of maps in game in the case of PR, at some point, there would be a situation in which someone would find themselves on the playable side of ISIS and not wish to do so.

are you saying they should just quit the game? or leave the server every time they find themselves in that situation? just to avoid that? you would actually be okay with seeing a game made where people are leaving the experience due to some sort of political issue with it?

putting in a faction that's so politically charged right now that it'd force some people to want to leave is absurd. your idea, frankly, is bad, and personally hope the devs feel the same way.

Agreed. Plus adding IS skins might cause a fatwah of some description to be issued on our SQUAD Devs...

As i said it could also be other factions in the conflict.

Too right. We saw what happened to those cartoonists in France. Poor bastards. Isis has killed for less. 

The Us makes war with countries on the other side of the world and George bush is wanted by the UN criminal court and sentenced to death in indonesia for crimes against humanity.

Bombs children in Afghanistan and the tribal regions of pakistan.

supports Saudi Arabia and so on.

I dont care about recognition, its war and its relevant. :D

michael_moore.jpg

pictured: OP.

IS isn't a country. Also, did you really just have to make this thread all about you?

Too right. We saw what happened to those cartoonists in France. Poor bastards. Isis has killed for less. 

Then add the southern front or someone else

Al qauda has already been represented in games in a very negative light before (medal of honor) and noone was blown up over that

for the love of god, guys, please learn how to avoid multiple posts.... clicking the 'Post' button multiple times will result in a bad time.

if your browser or tapatalk doesnt refresh with your message after you click Post, highlight your text, copy, paste it somewhere you won't lose it, and then refresh the page. chances are your message posted, it just didn't automatically direct you to it.

in the very off-chance your message didnt post, then take your saved message, paste it back into the Reply field and try again.

7 in a row 0DarkIron :blink: I think you have the record.

:P

If someone replies while you are preparing yours, and you hit submit, it will seem like nothing has happened, even though the comment has posted.
Typically this causes people to hit submit again. and again. thus the 2-3x posts.

Then add the southern front or someone else

Al qauda has already been represented in games in a very negative light before (medal of honor) and noone was blown up over that

Medal of Honor got a media shitstorm for featuring Taliban and had to change the name to something generic. Just throw in generic Arab insurgents and you are good to go.