Sign in to follow this  

Hey SQUAD community , Ive been a lurker for some time now and yesterday I watched a bluedrake video with some action of marksman rifle( SVD dragunov ). I have to say Im disappointed,mainly because Im sucker for marksman class when it comes to PR,I use every chance to play with it,every faction :D
So the thing is I was shocked by how the rifle was swaying ,making impression of a soldier that drank too much before battle. My love for maksman class ,became a broken heart. Like how the RPG ,that big heavy metal tube had less sway than a marksman rifle,I know theres no deployable option ,but maybe even undeployed it should come with some "focusing option" reducing sway with a tunnel vision tweak :rolleyes: maybe so it can reduce your stamina,or have some connection to stamina ,so it has its limitations ..
Okay I know its alpha and all,but it had to be said ,also sorry if it was already mentioned this thread is dedicated for all you marksman fan(g)s..more marksman suggestions and ideas appreciated  :wub:

For the record, trying to keep a long rifle stable while standing is very difficult, what was seen in the video was actually pretty accurate. Even an M4 is hard to keep on target after a little running. Just wait for prone and deploy option. (Also launchers are steadied over the shoulder, your arms are not the primary stabilizer like with a rifle)

Yeah as Darklon said, the sway of the rifle will be due to fatigue, not because the person has drank too much. Furthermore going in prone, sitting or kneeling will reduce the sway effect.

For the record, trying to keep a long rifle stable while standing is very difficult, what was seen in the video was actually pretty accurate. Even an M4 is hard to keep on target after a little running. Just wait for prone and deploy option. (Also launchers are steadied over the shoulder, your arms are not the primary stabilizer like with a rifle)

This, it already has been said, that there will be prone and options to steady your weapons. I realy like the way the weapon aiming works right now, the harder it gets to hit something the more intense and long the firefights will be and that is what its all about for me! :)

Just wait for steady/weapon resting and prone and you can fullfill your wet marksman dreams ;)

dude Squad hasn't even entered the pre-alpha stage yet.

it's still in pre-pre-alpha.

didnt see same crazy sway on ak...but yeah basically I just wanted to let this out

Sway gets worse with higher magnified weapon optics and there is already a "focus" mechanic in the game, Bluedrake just never uses it because...well, it's Bluedrake.

I highly recommend going somewhere where you can put a 4x or higher optic on a weapon system and hold it up, in the standing, while staring at a target 100m or more. You will come back with a much higher appreciation for actual marksman and snipers.

Comparing iron sights to a magnified optic...doesn't make any sense...

Also, there needs to be pros and cons to using close range sights and long range optics comparatively.

Oh bluedrake..well thanks for the answers anyway. it just got too crazy for me in the vid i don't have field experience I'm just looking from player view point,but I'm sure there's a training or technic to controll this kind of sway . well will see,i hope marksman will be able to deploy on object while standing too

Gawd damn someone tell bluedrake to use the "focus" mechanics,he might find out that he can actually kill someone LoL'z!!. :lol:

Can't wait for prone to be implemented...