Release Date  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Squad Vehicles release date?

• End of this month
    • Mid July
    • End of July
    • August +
    • Never

I really hope vehicles be in the game at the end of June. I have a two week school holiday in 2 weeks so playing squad in the holidays with vehicles would be amazing.

What I expect? 

The devs said the basic aspects of vehicles are going to be implemented

(Can't even upload images cause I can only upload 500kb......)

5 unique vehicles. I say 5 because all the factions have to have one vehicle for fairness obviously or everyone will join the team with vehicles.

1. Humvee - Light motorised - US faction

-50.cal attached to the top 

-Being able to like 5 people (2 front, 2 back, 1 gunner)

-Being able to transport a good amount of supplies ( Bar in Kickstarter picture over 50%+ )

- Medium amount of bulletproof 

-Crewman role not required ( kickstarter )

- 1 humvee every 15 minutes?

Overall: Firepower/Transport/Resupply all in one.

Also Engineer class to decently damaged vehicles. Not like it's been shot a million times on fire and it has exploded and the engineer can hold right click with his little wrench wacking it a few times BOOM FULL HEALTH.

2. Truck - Militia -  

-Able to transport a large amount of men. 18 troops, 2 squads can hop on. 2 in the front, rest in the back. (100% full bar on Kickstarter)

- lightly armored / barely armoured

-carrying a large amount of supplies sacrificing troop space maybe? I think this would be an amazing trade off. (100% full bar on Kickstarter) 

- Crewman role not required (Kickstarter) 

-1 Truck every 20 minutes or so?

Overall: Transport/Resupply 

3. Technical Ute w/ 50.cal / RPD behind -Insurgent forces 

-Able to transport 3 ppl maybe more if sitting on the sides at the back 

- 1 spawns every 10 minutes

- lightly / barely any armour

-Crewman role not required 

-Able to transport light supply's

Overall: Same as the humvee but less advanced.

4. Russian Army - APC

-Medium amount of bulletproof 

-Requires crewman role (Kickstarter) 

- 90%+ bar in transport. 

-50% in resupplies 

- 25% in firepower 

Overall: All in one

5. Insurgent Forces - Motorbike 

-They cpget another vehicles pop since they are less advanced

-1 spawn every 6 minutes.

- No armour

-2 ppl can hop on.

- The passenger behind can shoot with this gun

- Driver can maybe shoot with his pistol if he has one.

- Can carry tiny amount of supplies.

Overall: Tiny transport 

FOBS grow at a slow slow rate unless supplies given to them by vehicles. LOGISTICS. 

When vehicle blows up by RPG or whatever the person should be fully fully dead or can be incapacitated depending on many factors. The medic can't revive a person with their face blown off...

Thoughts? Disagree, agree, any addons? Took me long time pls help me. I should be doing my homework.

1 minute ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

What!? WTF! Why same topic mate, what're you smoking!. :D

Same topic? What u mean

Just now, Black_Hawk said:

Same topic? What u mean

Didn't you just have a thread about,already?or I'm i just getting high ere. 

Vehicles - What I expect - Release Date

1 minute ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Didn't you just have a thread about,already?or I'm i just getting high ere. 

Some thing happened. I named it ignored now.

Just now, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Just so it,lol...All good,carryon my man!. ;)

Thoughts on the post? Do u agree? Any changes u would like to add.

still valid:

40 minutes ago, beginna said:

utterly pointless. 9_9

Spoiler

Vehicles will come at the end of the next month at the earliest. It took them that long just for the .50cal and it still has bugs. Can just imagine how much work and bugfixing adding half a dozen vehicles will take.

About what you said, yeah thats the general idea of what's in the kickstarter and how they did it with PR.

I'm personally not as hype about vehicles to tell you the truth, I'm more hype about the new animation system,hopefully will bring us all better performances & all.

But if vehicles are coming in,let's say V7 release,I'm not expecting much.

But,,I do hope we can blow the shite out of them with all the Squaddies inside them,Oh fuck yeah!

5 minutes ago, NanoAgeWarrior said:

Vehicles will come at the end of the next month at the earliest. It took them that long just for the .50cal and it still has bugs. Can just imagine how much work and bugfixing adding half a dozen vehicles will take.

About what you said, yeah thats the general idea of what's in the kickstarter and how they did it with PR.

End of next month ;,( 

9 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

This guy hates me 

I can assure you, I definitely don't hate you. - I don't even know you.

I just don't see the point for such a poll about personal expectations.

Vehicles will come when they are are ready (and tested). - No reason to speculate for a releasedate.

By this thread you are helping spreading rumors and wrong expectations. - Unfortunately too many people cannot differentiate rumors and facts. :|

On 19.6.2016 at 2:00 PM, Black_Hawk said:

Also Engineer class to decently damaged vehicles.

Not sure I like this idea. Vehicle technicians have nothing to do with combat engineers. Since we won't have designated truck/car drivers, every soldier should be able to repair insignificantly damaged cars. APCs and IFVs should be repaired by crew in the field (light damage) or moved to the base.

I think repairing, on any level in the field doesn't make sense for Squad. Right now.

The complexity will outweigh the benefit, if your vehicle is damaged it doesn't work as well, then it stops working if hit again is enough.

Abandon (then no other same vehicle that round) or RTB (for another one) should be the options, certainly as an initial implementation.

10 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

I think repairing, on any level in the field doesn't make sense for Squad. Right now.

The complexity will outweigh the benefit, if your vehicle is damaged it doesn't work as well, then it stops working if hit again is enough.

Abandon (then no other same vehicle that round) or RTB (for another one) should be the options, certainly as an initial implementation.

It means even just immobilized vehicles will be doomed to be destroyed with losing of tickets.

1 minute ago, ZiGreen said:

It means even just immobilized vehicles will be doomed to be destroyed with losing of tickets.

Sure, if the enemy destroys a vehicle, they should be rewarded.

Of course the dev's will know how to put in the game better than I, and ultimately its down to our commander/squad leads to ensure the vehicles are used right etc.

1 hour ago, Shoshin said:

Sure, if the enemy destroys a vehicle, they should be rewarded.

Of course the dev's will know how to put in the game better than I, and ultimately its down to our commander/squad leads to ensure the vehicles are used right etc.

Let's say, tank was hit to the track by LAT projectile on the road between main base and first objective by some deep patroling enemy squad. The tank is absolutely worthless, because it is immobilized and can't be used as stationary gun due to the bad position. Should it be destroyed by crew because of this hit or what?

I don't care when vehicles come into the game, I'm just glad since 6.3 I'm actually able to run the game at a stable framerate. =D

Also... i swear, I should have a founder tag and such... I've been a backer since I'd say around this time last year.

Figured it out, had to link steam account. :P

Edited by Erohw
Figured out why I didnt have my tag.

1 hour ago, ZiGreen said:

Let's say, tank was hit to the track by LAT projectile on the road between main base and first objective by some deep patroling enemy squad. The tank is absolutely worthless, because it is immobilized and can't be used as stationary gun due to the bad position. Should it be destroyed by crew because of this hit or what?

Interesting...Won't the Squad require to protect the tank (if possible) until the repair crew/repair logi arrives? ,if we're going the same lines as per PR (just quessing here).

Just please wait till the are good and dont kill folks FPS. i want verticals but only quality ones and from what they let us see us they looking Really GOOD.  

15 hours ago, smokyhook said:

Great question! What is your suggestion? Not trolling , genuinely curious...

13 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Interesting...Won't the Squad require to protect the tank (if possible) until the repair crew/repair logi arrives? ,if we're going the same lines as per PR (just quessing here).

Yes, logistics vehicles are one of the options. In PR we have 3 ways to repair a vehicle: main base maintance station, logistics trucks and engineer's wrench, the last way is the least popular and reasonable. I guess, every soldier is able to replace a damaged car wheel with the spare one as well as tank crew can fix the broken track link, so I don't think we need a special kit with wrench. Crewmen and soldiers should be able to recover mobility of the vehicle after light damage caused to the chassis, but nothing more. Any other kind of damage should be fixed with logistics trucks or maintance stations.

Wheels and tracks are the most vulnerable and the most critical parts of combat vehicles due to the immobilization caused even by lightest projectiles, because other parts being damaged still allow you to fall back to the main base and get a proper repair. Thus field repairing should be available.