naezro

Bringing Project Reality Maps Back.

Hello Squaddies!

With the coming update of Squads first iteration of vehicles. I'd like to start a discussion based on the old BF2 PR maps. I have a few related questions based on this.

Is this something that would be possible in Squads development?

What is OWI's intentions when it comes to water mechanics? A lot of PR maps had you spawn on Aircraft carriers and had you assaulting an island.

Is this something that the modding community, utilizing SDK, could bring back and develop?

And lastly, would YOU like PR maps brought back? Or would you prefer new ones?

Fool's Road is already here! They have confirmed Fallujah West is being remade (community vote).

Not sure if they're planning any more, but you can be sure that some modders want to remake a few PR maps already. 

As far as the aircraft carrier... all you really need is the asset and then set it as a static object for really basic implementation. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing Muttrah back.... ;)

Would love it if someone could model a carrier. My first mapping idea was based on an amphibius assault.

I would give my right hand for an operation barracuda remake! (With a maybe Chinese faction in the far future)

Grozny will be cool to! Actually one of my favorite! And will be fit perfectly the eastern theater once the appartement block will be ready.

For the desert's one Kamisiyah and Burning Sands.

What were the community's most popular maps in PR?

In general, did people prefer maps based on real locations?

What were the most disliked maps in PR?

I think it's important that modders take these things into account before spending a long time creating a map. Learning from Sumari, we know that players do enjoy CQB combat and the urban environment but want more breathing space. Sumari went from being one of the least popular maps to one of the most popular. 

Edited by Odd_fella

5 hours ago, naezro said:

And lastly, would YOU like PR maps brought back? Or would you prefer new ones?

496px-Muttrah_City-AAS-Std.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhh, Muttrah, baby! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd love to see Ramiel or Pavlosk Bay ;) Or Bijar Canyons, I enjoy that map quite a bit, and it has a lot of potential for neat cave networks and several villages / cities ;)

I would love PR maps to come back because not only are the maps great, would reduce design layout effort, but would let us compare Squad and PR as closely as possible (for better or worse)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I want to see korengal, and muttrah.

I just really hope they can create Air and water assets, and let the modders take over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

well this what could Urban maps look like on unreal engine 4 :)

below screen shot from upcoming insurgency sandstorm

I'm  sure squad will look much better

20797ba.jpg

12 hours ago, Squike said:

i know @ChanceBrahh is making an al basrah remake. this is a work in progress.map.png

Yep, but progress has stop for the next 5 weeks (overseas at the moment) When im back ill try and get alot done ASAP cause the full sdk should be up.

It wont be a complete 1 to 1 remake as you can see alittle town (village around water) i just want to fill in the map abit more to allow more then just insurgency gamemode, i want to have AAS but it will still be mainly insurgency. 

11 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

Does Chance live in Australia?

yeah he does :)

Nice thread!  Would love to see PR maps remade and updated for Squad along with new maps too.  Operation Archer, Bijar Canyons, or Korengal Valley in Squad, that'd seriously kick ass.  Any PR map would be awesome, those aren't my favs but think it would be interesting to see how they remake them for Squad such as general scale, view distance, and elevations.

Can't wait to see all maps evolve here with vehicles/helos, etc. (when will breacher be here btw?)  :D

17 hours ago, Odd_fella said:

What were the community's most popular maps in PR?

It was all (and is all) Muttrah and Fallujah.

The best of the maps was Nuijamaa and Ulyanovsk.