Ravo

Squad vs. PR?

Not the most promising of starts. 3 games played, 5 Squads where SL doesn't say a peep or are chatting gibberish, not actually giving out orders. Worrying :o

I've gone back to PR until the day Squad matures a little more, I'm not fussed about squad leaders as I would be one anyway.

1 hour ago, Ravo said:

Not the most promising of starts. 3 games played, 5 Squads where SL doesn't say a peep or are chatting gibberish, not actually giving out orders. Worrying :o

Did you try some of the servers that our boys have mentioned here?.

9 hours ago, Ravo said:

Any news on vehicles that you could quickly update me with, I've really not kept up haha! 

Expected for v7.... should be some time but check this out.

Easily my favourite game at the moment.. When it sucks it's bad... But when it's right... Boy there's no game like it (I never played PR)

3 hours ago, Ravo said:

Try and stick with best EU servers that Blitza mentioned and try and get in with clan squads

18 hours ago, Ravo said:

I was able to play for a little more than an hour last night. I think I had better luck. I played in two games (both were almost done when I joined), but I joined squads that were all using mics with good squad leaders. I think the servers I joined were FFO and TO. My first game didn't go so well because I was a little too ambitious with my graphics settings. They game played VERY smooth on High settings at the firing range (in single player), but as soon as I joined a server my frame rates took a huge dive. I lowered the settings to Medium before the second game and everything was smooth.

The biggest problem I had was simply getting used to the game in general. I was constantly looking at the map to make sure I wasn't going to fire on friendlies before engaging. I'm sure I'll get better at situational awareness as I play more matches. The other issue I had was controls. I've been used to a gamepad for so long now, going back to WASD w/ mouse was more of an adjustment than I expected. I mostly struggled with going prone and using ADS (and then zooming with Shift key). Much different than I'm used to. Again, I think I'll become much more comfortable with this over time.

All-in-all, I'm happy with the way things are starting here. Can't wait to get some more time in.

PR was great at the time but It was being held back the Tech, engine, and so on.

Squad is not on the "Experiences" that PR can still give but right now that is because all the Gears are not yet Ready.

the Gears that are right now like the Shooting mechanics while still somewhat not responsive/mushing they are still way better than PR shooting system.