YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Classic AK-47 and Type 56.

19 hours ago, Aniallator said:

All over the world, yes, but a fair number of RPDs have seen use in Taliban hands. Bolt-action rifles - the Mosin and SMLE being the most common - have seen more use than you give them credit for. FALs have been seen used by the Taliban, though I'm sure they're pretty uncommon. MP5 is a personal wish more than anything, that gun had the best f*cking sound in PR.

Former Taliban fighters hand over their weapons in 2014. That's an RPD on the right, and far right can be seen a bolt-action rifle.

afghanistan-2014-6months-007-L.jpg

4 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

What on Earth is that AK looking thing with a big-ass box magazine between the RPD and RPG?

Looks like a Khyber Pass bolt action build.

3 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

RPD's are common in Afghanistan, the Soviets left huge stocks of those things behind once they withdrew from the Soviet invasion. 

I'd have to see it to believe it. 

2 hours ago, samogon said:

AK,SKS,RPD -> AKM,RPK -> AK74,RPK-74/AKS-74,RPKS -> AK-74M,RPK-74M

Soviet in A-Stan primay used RPK and RPK-74.The times,when RPD been used are passed.

There was some older weapons,like SKS or Mosin,but it was only exception from the rule.They was a trophes or self-defence weapons of non-combat units.

Jhd-q2TgxJ8.jpg

God the Red Army was always the funniest looking military. Poor conscripts with poor gear and poor weapons make for an ineffective fighting force that is great for photos. Even the effective soldiers looked weird, especially in Afghanistan when soldiers started getting a hold of life vests and using them as chest rigs.

2 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

My 2cents on the whole "AK variation" thing. 

I've found it very frustrating when developers (in general, not pointing fingers.) will go out of their way to add several models of the AR-15 platform, but many of them will only ever add on "Generic" AK and most of the time, portray that incorrectly as well. Look at the battlefield, CoD and MoH series, they all have 4+ platforms of M4's or M16's but will only have one AK platform, most of the time with incorrect housing, western optics etc. Project Reality (And to some extent, squad) corrected that, allowing for varied and authentic AK variations in game, for once AK had gotten the same treatment that M4's and the like got! 

Now people who play squad are seeing this and going "Hey these guys are really cool, they're adding variation" and coming on these forums and going "Hey, I like what you've done with AK's, could we please have some more." No one here is requesting things to spite you, we're requesting thing because they're loving what you got so far! To reply with a bunch of snark and "Do it yourself" is a really dick move on your behalf. If you're sick of doing AK variations , all you needed to do was say and leave it be, but don't insult and generalise people, especially if they are just correcting your mistakes. You said that there was no reason to add the AK-47/Type-56 and then once people corrected you, wasted (Even admittedly) 45 minutes telling people who disagree with you to basically f**k off. 

Also, don't just go around telling people "Mod it if you don't like it" stop being Bethesda, this is especially true as you haven't released a weapon and faction SDK yet, or finished with the games content, so there is no point in modding right now unless it's for a full conversion mod. Second of all, if you don't include it, yeah we probably will mod it, especially once content is finalized and the player base settles in. Integrate some form of modding support or curation and boom, you don't need to do the modeling all by yourself! 

Once again, another great way to put it. People want to see these guns for a reason and they want to see the devs do it for a reason: widespread usage and properly done models. ArmA is a great example of why the "you want it? mod it." mentality doesn't work: too many mods that nobody wants to download and host on a server. Sorry to say but even if there was a mod that added the Type 56 I likely wouldn't bother installing it because I know the most use it'd get would be on the shooting range due to lack of widespread interest. Gamers want content that they don't have to upkeep outside of general updates, which is why adding mods is highly unappealing to the masses regardless of how incredibly focused a group of players can be. 

The reason why modding worked in PR is because the community was heavily focused and the devs were willing to admit content into their mod that they didn't necessarily have a hand in creating. If that's how it'll work with Squad, then modding has a chance, otherwise telling me to mod something is the same as telling me and everyone else to pound sand and we know it. 

Edited by VarenykySupreme

32 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

God the Red Army was always the funniest looking military. Poor conscripts with poor gear and poor weapons make for an ineffective fighting force that is great for photos. Even the effective soldiers looked weird, especially in Afghanistan when soldiers started getting a hold of life vests and using them as chest rigs.

How it looks - doesn't matter.Matter is - how it works.

Im not fan of Soviet equipment,but... it works.

Vest - it's like PASGT,it guarantee protection only against fragmentation.

Weapon - rifles deadly effective at range,expecially at high altitude.

All these AK variations, but the AK-74M front sight still looks like a pitchfork 9_9. Personally, I'd rather have less of everything with better quality. 

Edited by BTR

4 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Looks like a Khyber Pass bolt action build.

If only we did have models for other receivers and stuff. Randomising the spawning of parts = the motley mix of stuff that made up Khyber Pass.

But at least we know that if a mod is good enough it could be bought over and incorporated in-game, so if they make a really good pack with maps, factions, shit and coincidentally an odd AK-47/Type-56 we have hope.

9 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

If only we did have models for other receivers and stuff. Randomising the spawning of parts = the motley mix of stuff that made up Khyber Pass.

But at least we know that if a mod is good enough it could be bought over and incorporated in-game, so if they make a really good pack with maps, factions, shit and coincidentally an odd AK-47/Type-56 we have hope.

I was thinking about that but the mod would need a lot of attention. A mod that just adds the AK-47 and Type 56 isn't going to get a lot of attention.

On 20/6/2016 at 11:43 PM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I was thinking about that but the mod would need a lot of attention. A mod that just adds the AK-47 and Type 56 isn't going to get a lot of attention.

You're absolutely right, and guess why? Because litterly 99,9% of anyone who buys Squad dont know the specific cosmetic differences between the various AK's and they really dont care in the same way that the 5-10 people in this community does. And thats why the devs have made the extremely sensible decision to focus their time and energy on things that way more people will actually notice and appriciate.

200.000 people have bought Squad and im sure many more will follow, if even 1% of those actually cared about this you would have more than 2000 people who could make this mod with you.

I really dont hope any devs wastes any more time on this thread, all the answers have been given here and in the past, some people just refuse to listen to them.

On 6/20/2016 at 6:24 AM, BTR said:

All these AK variations, but the AK-74M front sight still looks like a pitchfork 9_9. Personally, I'd rather have less of everything with better quality. 

But 95% authentic

On 6/21/2016 at 6:42 PM, Gorzu said:

You're absolutely right, and guess why? Because litterly 99,9% of anyone who buys Squad dont know the specific cosmetic differences between the various AK's and they really dont care in the same way that the 5-10 people in this community does. And thats why the devs have made the extremely sensible decision to focus their time and energy on things that way more people will actually notice and appriciate.

200.000 people have bought Squad and im sure many more will follow, if even 1% of those actually cared about this you would have more than 2000 people who could make this mod with you.

I really dont hope any devs wastes any more time on this thread, all the answers have been given here and in the past, some people just refuse to listen to them.

But that's wrong and you know it. The reason why nobody will download and use it is because downloading, setting up, and using a mod requires time, effort, and a lot of searching to find a group/server that uses that specific mod as well. Ever heard of RHS's ArmA mod? One of the best mods for any game ever, period. Nobody plays it, do you know why? Because it takes time and effort to set up and the only people who play it online are Russians and extremely organized clans that refuse to open their sessions to the public. 

Better yet, how about Project Reality? Think the game isn't appealing? I think Squad has proved very well with sales that Squad is an extremely appealing concept, but since PR is a mod, let alone one that takes a good amount of effort to get running, nobody plays it. 300 people per region per weekend night? That's pitiful. It's a fucking great mod that has been perfected over ten long years, but people don't play it because it's time consuming to set up. I guarantee you if you put PR on Steam there would be a lot more people playing it than there are right now.

Devs shouldn't waste anymore time on this thread, they should instead give us a proper answer. We've given them reasons, they've given us defenses. Defenses aren't answers, they're scapegoats. Rather than taking ten minutes to write a clear and concise argument against us, we get a 45 minute write up ranting about how I'm a bully and how we shouldn't hold them accountable to the authenticity that they claim to be so adamant about keeping. 

Pussyfooting is what I call it, but another name can be avoidance. It's a specific skill taught to most managerial staff members to avoid giving a clear answer where that answer can possibly do more harm than good, though it's recognized as one of the hardest skills to master and can definitely backfire, and in my opinion that's what it's done here. 

Please give me an answer that hasn't been torn apart in the past. If you do it, I guarantee we'll tear it to shreds now. 

2 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Because it takes time and effort to set up and the only people who play it online are Russians and extremely organized clans that refuse to open their sessions to the public.

Ah... you mean projects like this...

http://red-bear.ru/

http://hmg.arma3.ru/

http://wogames.info/

http://hia3.com/

They're all free for all.It's just have event play system.The problem for foreign community is - everything written in Russian,everyone speak Russian(But more than half of community understand English).

As far as I know - 1 non-russian speaking team play at WOG,on VTN mod(Czech MOR team afaik).

only Tushino Serious Games now have invite system.

if you like hardcore PvP missions,you're welcome.Gameplay looks like this.

Edited by samogon

12 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

I guarantee you if you put PR on Steam there would be a lot more people playing it than there are right now.

I never got why PR wasn't put onto Steam. People are deterred from getting it because if you don't know exactly what you're doing, you could give yourself a virus. Like I did. Twice. I was talking to someone in a match of Squad and he said he tried to get PR but the same thing happened to him and now he doesn't feel like getting it. 

13 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Ever heard of RHS's ArmA mod? One of the best mods for any game ever, period. Nobody plays it, do you know why? Because it takes time and effort to set up and the only people who play it online are Russians and extremely organized clans that refuse to open their sessions to the public.

That's a load of bull, lots of servers use RHS.

15 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

But that's wrong and you know it. The reason why nobody will download and use it is because downloading, setting up, and using a mod requires time, effort, and a lot of searching to find a group/server that uses that specific mod as well. Ever heard of RHS's ArmA mod? One of the best mods for any game ever, period. Nobody plays it, do you know why? Because it takes time and effort to set up and the only people who play it online are Russians and extremely organized clans that refuse to open their sessions to the public. 

Devs said that if a mod is really good that it might be added to the main game, and the same thing happened in PR. 

If someone makes a good Type-56 or AK47 mod I'm fairly sure that it would be added to the main game.

6 minutes ago, Jan Paweł II said:

Devs said that if a mod is really good that it might be added to the main game, and the same thing happened in PR. 

If someone makes a good Type-56 or AK47 mod I'm fairly sure that it would be added to the main game.

Highly unlikely for single asset.

It would need to be part of something bigger, like a whole faction.

12 hours ago, Jan Paweł II said:

You'll need to buy over a mod asset to make it part of a game, or it'll be as asshole-ish as going to Gamebanana, ripping off tigg's M16s and chucking it in your game.

Only making a Type 56 is nowhere near the scale the devs are looking for, and if the devs are adding and buying over assets simply because someone made them part by part, it'll be a great day for capitalism.

I think the scale they are looking for would be RHS-ish with factions, character models, maps, weapon loadouts ALL bundled together.

Thus, there is no chance to get a Type-56 in-game. It won't be bought as single weapon, it won't be a part of mod (Mod with Insurgents faction), it won't be made by devs. Install an unofficial mod and try to find a server supporting this mod. Good luck.

To be honest, I easily can leave Type-56 behind. The thing I am surprised by is how devs reject the chance to see a single asset in game, although they have one year more of development time. These forums are filled with "It's only alpha", "Subject to change", "It is placeholder", but "HELL NO" for a single rifle. Looks like there are "NO FUCKING TYPE-56" note on the top of their to do list.

About Type-56: an extremely authentic gun for Insurgents faction, from gameplay point of view it is the specialized CQB assault rifle with higher rate of fire and muzzle flip compared to AKM. With bayonet mechanics in future it would be a weapon of choice for medics and breachers, i.e. first line units, who are still heavily engaged in firefights in close space and urban areas, but don't need to provide effective fire on distances beyond 300 meters. Something in between PPSh and AKM.

5 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

The thing I am surprised by is how devs reject the chance to see a single asset in game, although they have one year more of development time. These forums are filled with "It's only alpha", "Subject to change", "It is placeholder", but "HELL NO" for a single rifle. Looks like there are "NO FUCKING TYPE-56" note on the top of their to do list.

I'm not honestly. I mean i get your guys' enthusiasm, but at the end of the day i'd much rather the time that would be spent on making the Type-56, be put into making a whole different weapon that hasn't been made yet.

There's just nothing to justify it being made and implemented when we already have a plethora of AKs available, over other weapons still need to be made. Even if it isn't right now, Devs can't say yes or no because they don't know and it's not a priority, nor should it be something for them to spend time thinking about when other things need to be made.

In my opinion..

^

This

And the OWI devs will probably support this long after release, which means you may just get them anyway. Like how NWI added the Sterling into Insurgency 2 and how TWI added the MG 42 into RO2.

Damn I'm starting to like developers that end in -WI.

Suggestions made on these forums don't require immediate actions from dev side. Isn't it obvious enough?

7 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Thus, there is no chance to get a Type-56 in-game. It won't be bought as single weapon, it won't be a part of mod (Mod with Insurgents faction), it won't be made by devs. Install an unofficial mod and try to find a server supporting this mod. Good luck.

To be honest, I easily can leave Type-56 behind. The thing I am surprised by is how devs reject the chance to see a single asset in game, although they have one year more of development time. These forums are filled with "It's only alpha", "Subject to change", "It is placeholder", but "HELL NO" for a single rifle. Looks like there are "NO FUCKING TYPE-56" note on the top of their to do list.

About Type-56: an extremely authentic gun for Insurgents faction, from gameplay point of view it is the specialized CQB assault rifle with higher rate of fire and muzzle flip compared to AKM. With bayonet mechanics in future it would be a weapon of choice for medics and breachers, i.e. first line units, who are still heavily engaged in firefights in close space and urban areas, but don't need to provide effective fire on distances beyond 300 meters. Something in between PPSh and AKM.

Great explanation of the role the Type 56 could fill in the game, though personally I'd like to see it available to all insurgent classes. That being said, I would totally understand role restrictions as well. I agree with how it feels right now about the Type 56. There's no reason to be giving the responses we're getting other than to outright avoid a subject in which a dev's back himself into a corner when his smooth language has failed to work. 

2 hours ago, Chompster said:

I'm not honestly. I mean i get your guys' enthusiasm, but at the end of the day i'd much rather the time that would be spent on making the Type-56, be put into making a whole different weapon that hasn't been made yet.

There's just nothing to justify it being made and implemented when we already have a plethora of AKs available, over other weapons still need to be made. Even if it isn't right now, Devs can't say yes or no because they don't know and it's not a priority, nor should it be something for them to spend time thinking about when other things need to be made.

In my opinion..

The problem is that nobody's saying that they have to make the Type 56 over another rifle, or even that it has to be in the game by the end of the development cycle, just that it'll be in the game sometime down the road. I don't know about you, but I doubt this is going to be one of those games that stops having content added just because it's been "released". On top of this, can you think of a weapon that deserves to be added more? Something that fits any of the settings more, is more common on the battlefield, or fills a similar role? I honestly can't think of any. 

2 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

^

This

And the OWI devs will probably support this long after release, which means you may just get them anyway. Like how NWI added the Sterling into Insurgency 2 and how TWI added the MG 42 into RO2.

Damn I'm starting to like developers that end in -WI.

The thing is that we might, but how do we know? We've been given nothing but hostile excuses as to why not rather than a "maybe in the future" or "it's plausible". I don't expect to get it at this point, I'm just trying to ascertain why from someone who doesn't want to give up an answer. 

Also, to me that's a 1 for 3 list. TWI's a great mod team but a shit developer and has given me the same type of "answers" to questions regarding content. For example: I once asked about the Reising Model 50 (the USMC's predominant SMG in the Pacific until early-mid 43) and their response was "it's not worth our time". They've also complained about porting RO2's weapons over to KF2 and said it would take too long, but when my buddy did it in less than an hour last night and posted on the forums they banned his account. 

Also, the MG-42 is inaccurate for the era in which the game takes place, unsurprisingly another mod-team turned dev-team that claims authenticity but doesn't do anything to actually harness it.

2 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Suggestions made on these forums don't require immediate actions from dev side. Isn't it obvious enough?

Apparently not. Seems to me like every thread there's somebody saying "YEAH THAT'S COOL BUT I'D RATHER HAVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE FIRST". Whenever something is added to the development list, it has a priority assigned, and chances are it's not the utmost priority. 

On top of this, can you think of a weapon that deserves to be added more? Something that fits any of the settings more, is more common on the battlefield, or fills a similar role? I honestly can't think of any. 

When you put it like that you're totally right! The devs have already added all the art assets we could ever need in the game, all the MMG's, SMG's, snipers, shotguns, IED's, HAT's, AA's, all the british forces weapons, and im especially enjoying all the individual fractions vehicles we have, all the APC's, tanks, trucks and helicopters, not to mention all the other things like deployables, new buildings, furniture, trees, bushes etc etc etc. It really is MIND BOGGLING that the couple of artists on the team (like Z-trooper) havent gotten around to the Type 56 yet, OBVIOUSLY the most important thing they could spend their time on is to add another 30-round-mag assault-riffle AK-variant with the same caliber and ROF as the AKM and that for LITERALLY 99% of the playerbase is visually indistinguishable from the huge number of other AK's we already have in the game. The devs have clearly lost their minds on this one! Why there arent riots in the streets is beyond me!...

The problem is that nobody's saying that they have to make the Type 56 over another rifle, or even that it has to be in the game by the end of the development cycle, just that it'll be in the game sometime down the road. I don't know about you, but I doubt this is going to be one of those games that stops having content added just because it's been "released".

No, thats not the problem. The problem is that you dont seem to understand that making things takes resources and that in game development (just like in anything else) its all a matter of prioritizing. Any time the devs spend on something means less time for anything else, any weapon added means another one wont be. Welcome to the real world. The devs are NOT going to work for the rest of their lives on Squad, and even if they were, adding another AK should be pretty fucking far down the to-do list, below making things for the German army/French Army/US Marines or whatever. Those would add a great amount of gameplay value, Type 56 wouldnt.

The devs are being honest with you, they can see that for 99,9% of the playerbase there are way more things that are way more important to add. They know that they wont have the time to add this weapon, and they are telling you its not going to happen unless you mod it yourself. You are asking them to lie to us instead by saying "yeah sure, maybe later" to everything. 

I wasent actually gonna reply to any of your rants because of your constant hostile attitude and the fact that you dont accept any of the countless answers you are given, you just label it "excuses" and then feel you have the right to ignore it and DEMAND another answer. And whats the freaking point in talking to you then? I thank the devs for ignorering you now, they have way more important things to spend their time on. (and so do i)

6 hours ago, Gorzu said:

When you put it like that you're totally right! The devs have already added all the art assets we could ever need in the game, all the MMG's, SMG's, snipers, shotguns, IED's, HAT's, AA's, all the british forces weapons, and im especially enjoying all the individual fractions vehicles we have, all the APC's, tanks, trucks and helicopters, not to mention all the other things like deployables, new buildings, furniture, trees, bushes etc etc etc. It really is MIND BOGGLING that the couple of artists on the team (like Z-trooper) havent gotten around to the Type 56 yet, OBVIOUSLY the most important thing they could spend their time on is to add another 30-round-mag assault-riffle AK-variant with the same caliber and ROF as the AKM and that for LITERALLY 99% of the playerbase is visually indistinguishable from the huge number of other AK's we already have in the game. The devs have clearly lost their minds on this one! Why there arent riots in the streets is beyond me!...

No, thats not the problem. The problem is that you dont seem to understand that making things takes resources and that in game development (just like in anything else) its all a matter of prioritizing. Any time the devs spend on something means less time for anything else, any weapon added means another one wont be. Welcome to the real world. The devs are NOT going to work for the rest of their lives on Squad, and even if they were, adding another AK should be pretty fucking far down the to-do list, below making things for the German army/French Army/US Marines or whatever. Those would add a great amount of gameplay value, Type 56 wouldnt.

The devs are being honest with you, they can see that for 99,9% of the playerbase there are way more things that are way more important to add. They know that they wont have the time to add this weapon, and they are telling you its not going to happen unless you mod it yourself. You are asking them to lie to us instead by saying "yeah sure, maybe later" to everything. 

I wasent actually gonna reply to any of your rants because of your constant hostile attitude and the fact that you dont accept any of the countless answers you are given, you just label it "excuses" and then feel you have the right to ignore it and DEMAND another answer. And whats the freaking point in talking to you then? I thank the devs for ignorering you now, they have way more important things to spend their time on. (and so do i)

I'm so glad you read the original comment that I replied to, which talked about nothing other than firearms, not IEDs, or HATs, or AA weapons of any kind, or vehicles, or other factions, or anything else. Try actually following the conversation rather than being irrational. Better yet, you go on to prove you've not read a God damn thing we've said. Mind just butting out? That'd be great. 

Fun fact: I've seen from the inside what game development is like and I know all about how much of a shit show it is. Time constraints only matter if you've got an impatient, childish community that doesn't understand that shit goes haywire. Hell, to pile on top of that I've even said I don't care when it comes out or even if it has to be released in a possible future-DLC or some shit. Adding one weapon doesn't mean another weapon won't be, it means that they've spent time creating another piece of content for their game. I don't imagine the devs are the kind to say "well we'll have to sub this weapon out for something else"; most of these devs are the type of people who want this game to come out and be as good as it can be, regardless of whether or not it's fashionable with time (spoiler: vehicles were supposed to be out in November, yet they held them back specifically to make everything work better upon release). 

You're also assuming that the devs plan on making all these factions? In which reality do they plan on doing that? The real one, or the same one in which you get to chose development priorities? Z-Trooper doesn't speak for the entirety of the dev team by a long shot and it's not like it would be the first time I've seen other contradicting his statements. I don't consider his statements honest, nor do I accept them as anything worth putting faith into.

Apparently they don't have more important things to do if they're willing to spend 45 minutes making excuses. How about you go back to what you were doing and just don't reply to me further?

Edited by VarenykySupreme

47 minutes ago, Micorbe said:

What the Fuck guys. Games not even in Beta. There is literally an ocean of other fish to fry.

The funny thing is, we knew that already, this wasn't a "make this now" thread, it was just a thread talking about the type-56 and classic AK-47. It wasn't until Z-troopers big blowout that this became such a big issue.

Speaking of which, what ever did happen to the big thread(s) about weapons you'd like to see in squad? It was a nice, nonchalant thread where we could talk about this sort of stuff and the devs can read about cool guns and peoples opinions without feeling pressured. I really like those threads, I learned about a lot of cool stuff from that, but they seem to have disappeared maybe make one of those and sticky it? 

Back to the topic, I wouldn't mind trying to mod in the type-56, I've spent some time learning to model and code when I was younger and learned to code and model, now that my work has died down I wouldn't mind trying my hand on going the next step. I've already got two or three factions in mind I'd like to try and implement which the type-56 could be relevant...

2 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

The funny thing is, we knew that already, this wasn't a "make this now" thread, it was just a thread talking about the type-56 and classic AK-47. It wasn't until Z-troopers big blowout that this became such a big issue.

And the answer Z-trooper gave wasent a "we dont have time right now" answer either, it was a very honest "we can see we wont ever have time for this because there are so many other things we NEED to do." But a couple of people on these forums refuse to accept the fact that the devs dont have unlimited time and money to create things for them and that they wont forever be their personal slaves.

Instead the devs will focus on the things that are most important for the VAST majority of the playerbase, and things that will have actual gameplay influence. BECAUSE: "there is literallly an ocean of other fish to fry."

But good luck with the modding, we can never have too many factions/weapons :) Something like a full faction is a huge undertaking though, so you're going to need it ;)

2 minutes ago, Gorzu said:

And the answer Z-trooper gave wasent a "we dont have time right now" answer either, it was a very honest "we can see we wont ever have time for this because there are so many other things we NEED to do."

Nope, he didn't say that either, he basically said that the Type-56 was a waste of time. He then was the one that brought up realism, he was then the one who brought up authenticity, it's a game etc. Not us.

He then got pissy when we pointed out the differences, he actually starts directly insulting people, he makes the big drama speech, he moans about people making assumptions and accusations, then starts assuming and accusing!!! I understand that developing a game is hard, believe you me and I have the most utmost respect for the guy but this "drama" is very much his fault as it is the forums...

Fuck me man, I just wanted to talk about Chinese AK's.

4 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

Speaking of which, what ever did happen to the big thread(s) about weapons you'd like to see in squad? It was a nice, nonchalant thread where we could talk about this sort of stuff and the devs can read about cool guns and peoples opinions without feeling pressured. I really like those threads, I learned about a lot of cool stuff from that, but they seem to have disappeared maybe make one of those and sticky it? 

Back to the topic, I wouldn't mind trying to mod in the type-56, I've spent some time learning to model and code when I was younger and learned to code and model, now that my work has died down I wouldn't mind trying my hand on going the next step. I've already got two or three factions in mind I'd like to try and implement which the type-56 could be relevant...

With the amount it's been stated in this thread alone, I don't think it's possible to convince people that a request in the feedback section isn't a time sensitive issue.

As for what happened to the weapons thread: it's out there but it hasn't been bumped in so long that nobody has used it, though I imagine that it would be met with a lot of the same crapola we're seeing here along with suggestions for weapons that don't even make sense (like it always was). Either way, I'm all up for reviving it.

1 hour ago, Gorzu said:

And the answer Z-trooper gave wasent a "we dont have time right now" answer either, it was a very honest "we can see we wont ever have time for this because there are so many other things we NEED to do." But a couple of people on these forums refuse to accept the fact that the devs dont have unlimited time and money to create things for them and that they wont forever be their personal slaves.

Instead the devs will focus on the things that are most important for the VAST majority of the playerbase, and things that will have actual gameplay influence. BECAUSE: "there is literallly an ocean of other fish to fry."

But good luck with the modding, we can never have too many factions/weapons :) Something like a full faction is a huge undertaking though, so you're going to need it ;)

Dude you're not even wearing rose tinted glasses, you've got straight up roses pushed into your eyes. That's not even close to what he said and the fact that you've tried to construe it that way is a farce. 

1 hour ago, I_hate_usernames said:

Nope, he didn't say that either, he basically said that the Type-56 was a waste of time. He then was the one that brought up realism, he was then the one who brought up authenticity, it's a game etc. Not us.

He then got pissy when we pointed out the differences, he actually starts directly insulting people, he makes the big drama speech, he moans about people making assumptions and accusations, then starts assuming and accusing!!! I understand that developing a game is hard, believe you me and I have the most utmost respect for the guy but this "drama" is very much his fault as it is the forums...

Fuck me man, I just wanted to talk about Chinese AK's.

Another great compression of what happened rather than the dev-defense force. Too bad shit has to be this way, but oh well. Talk about Chinese AKs? They're pretty cool, I almost bought one once.