Dtodt13

11/12th June Influx of new players this weekend? It been terrible.

People have hijacked my thread. I never said I was against new players, or noobs, I said wankers and *****. People who tk on purpose, people who will lone wolf and tell you to shut when asked to squad up. wankers basically. Do not come down as justice warriors with me. I am talking about idiots who want banning perma.. End of.

On 13/06/2016 at 2:58 PM, Prod. said:

lol ! love how everyone acts like a saint ! wtf is wrong with you ! did you even read my post ? im not against teamplay, i just dont like how people act.....just look at your replies to my post, you clearly didnt read it and didnt understand my point !

how the fuck is that not teamplay if i clear out a flag, so we, the team can cap it ?????????? you guys are twisting things up right now ! but it seems like you are exactly one of those who i described in my post ! there is a difference between tactical talk and actually playing tactical !

telling me to leave and refund the game! wtf ? you guys just teamkilld me !

i love the game and i play everyday !

You didn't cleared out a flag, you killed some terribad guys on a fluke. Then kids like you get 'claned' and start professing Squad is shyte. You're alone and probably lucky, but it won't last. Especially with Vehicles around ther corner, I'm enjoying the last moments of Terribad-whacking in Squad, but it isn't exactly the kind of game I played back in PR. 

Listen to people who've been there done that. You will get your ass handed to you in the long run. 

5 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Just FYI, it looks like the grass is still very much there, but either the wrong MIP/LOD? is being shown or the alpha layer is completely gone for some reason... in both cases his vision would be worse than someone who had the semi-transparent grass (with alpha map applied, like that grass in the foreground). 

Nope it wouldn't. I've seen assholes like that palying low def and seeing me through the maize fields. Unfortunately an Admin had already a beam on this funny couple of cu°ts and kicked both of them. 

12 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

Nope it wouldn't. I've seen assholes like that palying low def and seeing me through the maize fields. Unfortunately an Admin had already a beam on this funny couple of cu°ts and kicked both of them. 

Did you even look at the screenshot?

4 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

Yeah, it's just an alpha glitch. I didn't modify LODs and MIPs in v6. Just posted it to make fun of these kids who can't handle the fact they're just bad. And it worked. Judging by how often they reply to my posts with that screenshots in irrelevant threads, I'm sure they've got my joinsquad.com profile in their bookmarks and in speed dial extension. These kids are so easy nowadays...

A page back your chest is puffed out giving it the biggen about how good you are by posting up screen-shots of KDs and talking how you run off lonewolfing and destroy whole teams. This is not the first thread where that childish manor comes across as it seems almost every where you post on this forum your making out how good you are at this game or bashing the DEVs for you hardware not being able to run squad.

You then post another poor in-game screenshot that clearly shows how much of an advantage you need in game over others just to play this game. Anyone laying down / crawling within that field in front of you would be an easy spot and it gets easier the further they are from you because your unable to load the game textures where the reverse should be true and the further a player is away the harder they are to spot. (amazing what and edit can do huh)

Its lucky stats are not important within squad. So I question why you need to make so many game advantage changes. (seeing how "good" you are)

Maybe there is a server admin reading this who will kindly turn on tournament mode one night on there server for us? Where you can come and play with all your game files as they should be like on a brand new install. Then we can view your "skills" in game when your no longer able to pick players out who are hiding in cover and your on the same settings as everyone else in game?

What do you say to an evening of playing squad where every ones setting are the same?  Or do you have homework to do?

Who deleted my original post? I am not the author of this topic any more?  Seems more and more admns around here are left wing, politically correct idiots. Am out.

It should still be there, they just merged 2 threads that's all!

4 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Did you even look at the screenshot?

Yes I did, he edits files, not that well, the two cu*ts that were kicked they could look through frangible obstacles.  It's still shyte, it's still very poor sport.

1 hour ago, Para said:

Who deleted my original post? I am not the author of this topic any more?  Seems more and more admns around here are left wing, politically correct idiots. Am out.

1 hour ago, Assifuah said:

It should still be there, they just merged 2 threads that's all!

Yeah it was merged, calm down. Para you're guilty of not using the search function before posting about the decrease in standards :P Two posters about the same subject within hours. It must be true.

2 hours ago, Para said:

Drops mic, inserts foot into mouth, hops off stage. ;)

I only play sporadically these days.

Played tonight and one game was rubbish with no communication from the SL or within the squad. Jumped to another squad and the SL was changing so often, it was hard to keep up.

Next round I SL'd and the guys with me worked as a squad and stayed together.

So overall, for me, it's the same old, same old. Some you win, some you lose when it comes to finding teamplay!

10 hours ago, Z-trooper said:

You guys are right, lets stop selling the game asap! :)

^^^^ Hahah.

Threads like these are why I rarely even come to the forums anymore, some of you people are insane.

18 hours ago, Para said:

Tking at their own spawns on purpose.

Hmm. I doubt there are that many new players tk'ing at spawn on purpose (I'm assuming they have been told it is tk'ing/to stop and it is a continued offense).

Now the medic thing...I have seen that every time I have played. -_-

10 hours ago, Para said:

they merged our threads

On 12.6.2016 at 10:27 PM, Raklödder said:

I wish more admins would enforce a server rule against creating multiple squads and then instantly reassigning it to someone else by leaving.

yeah like you cant give away squad leader for 5 minutes or if you join as squad leader and leave the squad while there are members you should not be allowed to create a new squad for 5 minutes.

On 14.6.2016 at 1:03 PM, Root said:

Banning people for tk'ing? That seems extreme since you can't know for sure the intent of all of them. I've met a lot of new players who honestly make the tk by accident because of distance or not knowing they were around the wall. You have to give these people a good chance to adjust to the game, since they are probably used to games like Battlefield, CoD or Insurgency.

I have been in quite a few games, mostly with my friends (we're new players), and have only ever heard complaints and the like from older players who sit there and laugh at their team/others when they have questions about how the game works or what to do (objectives etc) or if they use text to communicate when it is damn obvious they don't have a mic or can't use their mic for a reason. It is people like that that ruins games like this, not the noobs. It is like the more "matured" (for the lack of a better word) players forget they were "noobs" at one point too. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

well if you got someone killing SEVERAL team members and keeps doing that.. he should be banned from the server for a day or two.

3 hours ago, Chris1980 said:

well if you got someone killing SEVERAL team members and keeps doing that.. he should be banned from the server for a day or two.

I think it is petty obvious I was not talking about legitimately banned tkers.

On 6/14/2016 at 1:08 PM, Para said:

Original post seems to be missing:

Logical response: Check if topic has been merged (your fault for creating a redundant topic by the way) or try to contact an admin about the issue.

Illogical response: Immediately assume post was deleted and begin to call out admins as left wing, liberal, communist, gestapo, scum who are attempting to censor your brilliant social commentary on the current state of the Squad player-base. 

In regards to the whole player thing, while i'm sure some dickheads have been doing some stupid shit, I do think that time will push these  outliers away. While it may suck at the moment I feel it is in everyone's best interest to continue to teach and brave through tough times like this as the server admins slowly whittle away at the stubborn ones who just don't want to learn (and/or want to troll.) I sincerely believe that the majority of these players just don't know how to play or what the overall meta of the game is, but I could be wrong :) 

I'm beginning to wonder whether or not you can create introduce a system that allows players to join "your clan's server" only once they have a minimum of X hours clocked in the game. While that doesn't guarantee that you don't get any dickheads fucking about every now and again, it at least ensures some level of quality and game understanding is present within those who happen to drop on your server. All you then have to do is sort out those who misbehave manually which should be less of a pain for your admins as the number of people who can join you has dropped. I am not sure how keen the developers are when it comes to promoting this kind of "elitism" and seclusion but my guess would be "not a whole lot" as part of the experience is to be tagging alongside randoms.

7 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

I'm beginning to wonder whether or not you can create introduce a system that allows players to join "your clan's server" only once they have a minimum of X hours clocked in the game.

I think it's possible if there are any kind of addons allowed at the moment. And it would be awesome if it counted only hours actually played on the server, spend on the ground, it shouldn't even count time when you laying down dead on the ground waiting for a medic.

7 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

I am not sure how keen the developers are when it comes to promoting this kind of "elitism"

You don't need devs to make it happen. AFAIK you can make mods for a game, meaning it is very easy to write this kind of addon for your server. It would be few strokes of code, literally.

But we don't need it at the moment because people don't have a lot of hours at the moment and any server which did this would emptied in no time.

@Frontliner @KulaGGin I am not impressed where your ideas of server restricting of players is headed. There are still a lot of PR players waiting for Squad to improve and they would come on board with minimum hours to their names. Placing restrictions on servers for the amount hours you have in game probably isn't the best way to improve the standard of team work imho. Maybe once the devs have implemented a more substantial player statistics system something will come forward which helps prove a players worth as a teamplayer but I don't think hours of play should be one of them.

On Para and the thread merger:

@Assifuah, Para might have missed your explanation since you didn't use Quote or the @NAME thing that causes notifications.

@Major Trouble, @MauserGDog and @Croaker: Judging by this thread @Para seems to be asking if there has happened something recently that could explain the unusual drop in average player competence. Instead most responses seem to have been criticizing Para for whining, not accepting a bad streak or not being helpful himself. Posts which he refuted or tried to get back on topic. So from my perspective he had to put up with a lot.

It is unreasonable to expect people to invest even more effort against misunderstanding and frustrating opposition. Searching, asking admins, posting calmly and remaining rational are all fine and well but it is not reasonable to expect that of human beings all the time. Mergers of threads are not common. Faulting @Parafor something like this faults him for being an average human being.

You can even take my post here as an example. I want to point out the human factor at work here (and that most posts avoided answering Para's question), but even if pointing this out is rational I can't expect everyone who reads this to stay completely unemotional and rational about this if they feel targeted. So negative reactions to this post is something that is understandable, though maybe not quite as likely as what happened to Para because he had to put up with a lot of posts already.

In any case: Could you please keep this stuff (or if you disagree, this kind of stuff) in mind when critizising future posters? :\

On lone-wolfing:

@Prod., you feel that you are an asset to your team even working as Unassigned and that most squads tend to slow you down and lose the initiative - correct? What would you require of a squad in order to make you more effective rather than just hamper your progress? Do you see any way being in a very competent squad could be helpful even to your playstyle, or can't it work because you really need to be left alone to do your thing?

On fairness and low settings:

@UnderFire, @KTMR29 and @CMBelite-FR, you seem to regard the settings @KulaGGinuses as cheating or borderline cheating. But I imagine this can be solved in a way where the low-poly level of detail models of vegetation could be made in such a way that they obstruct the view slightly more. If you look in the screenshot posted by KulaGGin:

On 2016-06-13 at 0:44 PM, KulaGGin said:
Spoiler

Thanks.

Check this one out(screenshoted yesterday):

7yq5qb.jpg

It's an alpha, so just relax.

It won't help you. I play on ~30 FPS atm. By the time they will restrict settings I'll be getting up to 100 FPS and FPS is more important than the vision in my opinion.

Notice how the flower field in the background is a big soup of opaque (=not transparent) polygons. If someone was lying prone in the middle of that soup they would still not be visible at this level of graphical fidelity, making the cheating argument moot. If someone was lying at the edges of the flower field, yes; but likely not visible in the middle.

Now look at the grass in the bottom half of the picture. I am not a high-end user myself so I can't tell exactly what the difference would be in visibility. But if someone was lying in the grass there it would be pretty easy to spot them. But what if the grass was a similar opaque polygon-soup to low-end users? Then soldiers lying in the grass would probably be pretty hard to spot too.

My point is that it is likely possible to compensate visibility advantages that low-end users get (I'm guessing due to lack of shadows or the relative sparseness or radius of particle culling) by using more obscuring opaque 3D models for the low Level of Quality models. One could also redo the manner in which vegetation partlicles are spread on the map so that patches of bare ground (like the edges of the flower field) don't occur, or at least as often.

What do you think? Would such changes please you in the sense that you wouldn't consider low-end users borderline cheaters any more?

Edited by 3e58i