Dtodt13

11/12th June Influx of new players this weekend? It been terrible.

so are any of the private servers free? or do they all have a fee.

I noticed that more and more ppl open a squad and then pick marksman, m203 or any other special kit they want and then either, give squad lead to a random person who joined the squad in the meantime or just stay the squad leader and just don't play as squad leader/ lead the squad/ build fobs or rallys etc.

Imho you should not be able to open a squad and not pick the officer kit, that's at least half of the problem solved.

Edit: I also noticed 75% of the player base don't have a freaking microphone. I mean seriously it's 2016 get a mic!

I wish more admins would enforce a server rule against creating multiple squads and then instantly reassigning it to someone else by leaving.

32 minutes ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

Someone should create a prison add-in or mod.  It's where you go if you team kill too much.  4 walls.  Suck the fun out of it real quick.

ArmA 1 had the (most dreaded) Banna Phone room where if you teamkilled, it would transport you to a room just spinning around in circles while the banna phone song played.

Worked a treat!

Maybe Squad could use a dark room where a silverback gorilla would rape the griefer for a minute or so(?)  Just throwing out ideas here. xD

I do believe @Para brings up a valid point,he isn't name calling or pointing any fingers to a certain individual. 

So no need to go all "Political correctness" here.

Maybe & I do hope there has been a increase in sales,maybe,all the Steam release players have come back for another bash at it.

23 minutes ago, Polygon said:

ArmA 1 had the (most dreaded) Banna Phone room where if you teamkilled, it would transport you to a room just spinning around in circles while the banna phone song played.

Worked a treat!

Maybe Squad could use a dark room where a silverback gorilla would rape the griefer for a minute or so(?)  Just throwing out ideas here. xD

Ahahaha, noyce 1st post my man....Mmmhmm thats a thought,silver back giving it some in the naughty corner,lolz!. :D

3 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

KVL8sQb.png

I'm scared but I also want vehicles :'D

I hope the system to prevent grieffing with the vehicles is as good as it sounds ^^

2 hours ago, Para said:

Cheeze you have 12 posts and been here how long?

lol played the game long enough bro your not the only one. I have been following this game since announcment

What did you expect as more people see the game and buy it there will BE MORE NEW PLAYERS common sense really

Edited by Too_Much_Cheeze

1 hour ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

Someone should create a prison add-in or mod.  It's where you go if you team kill too much.  4 walls.  Suck the fun out of it real quick.

No, put them in a maze that they have to get out of. It's tunnel after tunnel after tunnel but the trick is that the only way to escape is by leaving the server. There is no exit. The tunnel is infinite. 

I think tkers get the shock of their life when they get banned from one of the few active servers. They then begin to realise that if they keep doing it, they'll have no more servers to play on, therefore, wasting hard earned cash on this game. That's the ultimate punishment, not being able to play the game due to bad behaviour. 

Ultimately, it's up to the admins to maintain the principles of Squad. Many servers I've gone into, there's no friendly reminder that Squads need to be cohesive and stick together. There's no messages to help improve gameplay. There's no policing. I want lots of policing. 

I cannot claim to experienced this on our server we have always aimed to provide a mix of clan members to the squads of each team to offer direction and answer questions. The active player-base in squad will fluctuate because there always will be people on the fence waiting for updates as each update launches an influx of both past and future players will play in order to evaluate if Squad is now to their liking or of any interest at all. This cycle will continue for as long as Squad is in development . Some people don't like certain aspects of squad and check in from time to time to see if things have changed and when or if they find it's not to their liking their likely to not take it seriously and just wana screw around.

This feeling when you and your squadmate killed more people than the rest of your team altogether with the whole enemy team combined...

7yq58V.jpg

PS Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself.

Edited by KulaGGin

There's like less than 10% of players on the forums. Even way less of that percentage are active players and even less that are active on the forums. Regardless of the influx of baaaaaaaaaad players (and I've seen a few of "those" guys who don't want no help or to play Squad the Squad way) we'll really have to bite the bullet when vehicles release. Obviously, we can wave the PR vet flags and medals around but at the end of the day not only will we have vehicles unleashed to the less informed or experienced majority who probably never played anything like it, it will without a doubt draw in hundreds if not a few thousands of new players. Not all of these will be "those" guys though and like a lot of the new ones from Steam release, they'll actually reach out to the experienced Squad players.

There's plenty more of these "dark" times ahead, but nobody is at fault really. The only way to combat it is to really bump up active administration and policing of servers, I'm talking several guys who are sacrificing their own play time to police the server and providing a good experience. Pull out the ban hammers and be harsh and brutal, as long as you're being fair then there's no problems. There's only so many servers you can play on so the bad bunch who might need a push in the right direction or a wake up call via server bans might open their eyes and have a moment of realisation. Just stick through it, try not to see it negatively and it's up to us - not just the day 1 guys, not just the forum guys, not just the PR guys, but ALL THE CURRENT PLAYERS - to shape the new lot again. We'll be alright. :D

11 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

This feeling when you and your squadmate killed more people than the rest of your team altogether with the whole enemy team combined...

7yq58V.jpg

So irrelevant to the thread... I'm sure there's a "pat yourself on the back for getting kills" thread somewhere.

Why the influx......easy answer school is out. Want to do more to help new people? Make a custom Squad and name it "Training Squad"......We all forget we were new to this game at one point in time. It isn't about how many kills you get the fact of the matter is "Teamwork Wins".......About team kills they happen to all of us either on accident or by mistaken identity. Until the new players get more time under them, they will continue to play this game like its COD,BF or any other game that doesn't put teamwork ahead of itself..................

1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

Well, if you guys want to really affect the level of gameplay in Squad in an effective manner, you should get involved in The War Academy.

Hear ye all and heed this call to action!

I'm going to stand up for calling on squad leaders and, if push comes to shove, server admins to kick unresponsive or uncooperative players, as well as banning cheaters and team killers. There are quite a few servers with active admins out there, it's a matter of waiting till they weed out the ones that really don't want to play as a team.

1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

7yq58V.jpg

Congrats mister low settings..(see post above)

Hope the devs stop that sh** next 

Haha I love team-killers! I seriously do! (IF they are newbies ofc) 

It's priceless to see their reactions when you tell them they tk'd you and they are like "ohhh sorryy dudeee i'm new to this game wait i'll get you a medic..." Hahaha.

One time I was medic and going to revive at least 8-9 people in a compound but got killed by a friendly newbie who was holding the entrance to make sure MEDIC arrives safely lel. All the dead people cursed his soul so badly that he felt so embarrassed and quit.

Come on guys. It's still a game. We are playing a game. Have mercy lol. 

Someone said there isn't enough material for someone to learn the game.I 100% disagree. We have a pdf guide for one. And even more importantly is I know I'll research ANY game before investing my money into it. If you YouTube search squad game you get numerous tutorials on how to play. There should be no excuse for ignorance in a game like this.

Edited by Dtodt13

I've pretty much slowed down my Squad game time, only play 2ish hours a week now. Only time I give Squad a good go is in the clan vs clan scene. I've tried to teach, I've tried to be patient, I've tried spread knowledge, I've tried to be optimistic. All I got back was insults and those 'know it alls' giving smart arse remarks. I even had one guy say "I was a professional Battlefield 4 player, I know what I'm doing" *facepalm*. There were the few people that did appreciate the advice and stuck around and gave the team play a good go, so that was worth it. There's a point where the people that want to listen will listen and adapt and the ones that don't, won't. Sadly for a large portion of people, its the latter.  A large portion of current players, don't want to change the way they play FPS games, they don't want to work in a team environment, they want to play the individualist game. 

I actually can't wait for BF1 to release, so all these people who refuse to listen and refuse to adapt go to their next title. Then I can't wait for the game to develop more with mechanics that influence and reward teamplay so it irons out the rest of these mlg 1337 solo players.

/rant

Definitely lots of new clueless players. To be expected. And I'm fine with that, they'll learn eventually. My beef is with SL's who don't f'n listen when they're squads help is needed. I'm actually more annoyed by more veteran players who use exploits and turn shadows off. Not to mention the increase in players with very high accuracy from long ranges that is nowhere near legit. 

9 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Ahahaha, noyce 1st post my man....Mmmhmm thats a thought,silver back giving it some in the naughty corner,lolz!. :D

You seem to be enjoying that mental image far too much O.o