Heskey

Vehicle Systems [Gameplay / Administration]

Hi Squaddies,

Have the devs revealed any tangible information about how they will be dealing with the systems surrounding vehicles, such as who may utilise them, when, and how to deal with anti-teamwork issues such as asset stealing?

I saw a post from one dev recently simply saying that vehicle stealing won't be possible, but didn't expand further. Will vehicles become squad locked or something?

Also, will Squad use a requestable Crewman and Pilot kit system like Project Reality?

Anything enshrined in gameplay mechanics resulting in a reduction of server rules is always welcome.

Cheers.

The idea is that the squad leader can pick a dude out of his squad and say, "you are our driver, no one else can drive," so when your squad gets to the humvee, only that guy can drive the humvee. Anyone else who tries to take the driver position will be moved in as a passenger. There may also be the ability to boot players out of the vehicle if some random steals a spot from your squadmates.

Also, there will be crewman kits for APC squads and trans squads, and those guys by default will be able to drive.

Thanks, I've continued my post in that thread to minimise repetition. This thread can be deleted.

It sucks that those who will create squad named "APC" will be the only ones who can use it, and you probably wont be able to join that squad if youre not their friend or not speak the same language..

1 hour ago, zelatur said:

It sucks that those who will create squad named "APC" will be the only ones who can use it, and you probably wont be able to join that squad if yourearrow-10x10.png not their friend or not speak the same language..

It won't be perfect, but it's better than getting a bunch of noobs or jerks ruining the game each round by taking the vehicles just to get them destroyed and losing a lot of tickets. It works in PR and I hope it will work in Squad. I had really good experiences playingarrow-10x10.png Project Reality's multiplayer and also bad experiences on which will probably happen in Squad as wellarrow-10x10.png. We can hope and have faith that the devs will make the best decisions and system for us playing with vehicles in Squad. -_- Personally, I trust the devs in making Squad greatarrow-10x10.png in every aspect . It just takes time and money.

3 hours ago, zelatur said:

It sucks that those who will create squad named "APC" will be the only ones who can use it, and you probably wont be able to join that squad if youre not their friend or not speak the same language..

Who said naming a squad APC means you get the vehicles?  lol...  that doesn't make any sense to me

44 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Who said naming a squad APC means you get the vehicles?  lol...  that doesn't make any sense to me

Will there be a good asset management system implemented in Squad or will we have to rely on admins etc. to enforce whatever rules?

48 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Well, its not unreasonable to assume since thats how its always worked in PR.

Personally i hope there will be a system where you can choose from a few different squad types when you create one, like infantry, tank or chopper transport. Once a team has a chopper squad you cant create another one, and only a player in a chopper squad can then get a pilot kit. Obviously for things like infantry there wouldnt be a limit on how many a team can have.

I like a pre ordained preset squad but it would be hard without flexibility, APC May be used alone or as mechinf, CAS May be supplemented by spotters or not. I am interested in any ideas as assets are a stressful factor for the gaming experience both for players and admins.  

As Squad is more mainstream than PR it risks having more people with less respect for the systems and rules.

What's wrong with [insert vehicle] squad; it was very important for everyone on the server during PR's prime time because its shows who is dedicates their time of operating war machine for the whole month.For example, if I was a random squad leader and I spotted AAV, I would tell trans squad on all squad chat about location of AAV, I'm killing two birds with one stone, not only trans squad are aware the threat of the location but other squads also heard this information. And I agreed with pre-made squad.

On 11/06/2016 at 10:01 AM, Heskey said:

Thanks, I've continued my post in that thread to minimise repetition. This thread can be deleted.

Well if people are going to continue here then I'll put my post here...

I understand that heavy assets will require a crewman or pilot kit, and SLs will designate vehicle drivers whilst maintaining their normal kit - so presumably this will be done by the Squad Leader's menu, similar to kick member/promote to SL...

But how will OWNERSHIP of a vehicle be dealt with, to stop a designated driver of another squad coming along and stealing a Squad's vehicle, AND how would such a system allow for instances where one squad agrees to relinquish control of a vehicle and loan it to another squad?

And if the driver is shot, we have to chill arround the Humvee to wait him or ... ?

EDIT : Squad are up to nine players, Humvee can only take 5 soldier, so four players are fucked up ?

Edited by Rafy800

What aircraft and tanks might look like in Squad:

And ohhhh yesssss......memories from BF2: Project reality B|xD

Spoiler

Edited by Results45

It's fairly certain by now that the squad leader will be able to assign roles pertaining vehicles to the squaddies. There are, as far as I know, no  news about how the teams will decide which squad gets to use the vehicles.