So i'm very curious about the licensed server guidelines. It seems too many people are making up their own rules for licensed servers.

I was told I couldn't stream on the Bloodbath server unless I had a ten minute delay or else i'd be banned. Mind you this is a normal licensed server. I'm a streamer. How is that acceptable to put a limitation on a server with a running license to adhere to Squads server rules. Their seems to be too much room for server owners to put too many stupid side rules.

Secondly. 

The FFO server admin ILoveYouBackpack or w.e his name is and Lt. Kevin. Decided that they would blanket ban any player wearing an HSG tag from their server. Which is also a licensed server. I'm probably one of two people that MAYBE could see why i'm banned. But that's because the server is ran by a controlling asshat who needed to be told to stfu in SL comms more than a few times. So he decided to ban 20+ people who have a clan tag but half of them have never even played in that server? This looks extremely bad on the dedicated server list to be micro managed by personal feelings. Why is this acceptable?

Stupid rules? A 10 minute delay is a must to avoid ghosting by players watching the stream.

And while the admin may have not been professional, it's not reason to go namecalling on ther forums rather than taking it up with the people who run the server.

These are public servers. Not MLG competitive servers. These should be just the vanilla game. Adding your own little rules doesn't help the game grow. It's just annoying. The admin knows what I think of him. Hence why i'm ok with myself being banned. But as for the rest of HSG.. It's a pretty pathetic move.

I think it's less of a blanket ban when it's a ban on the leader of one of the parties. If it were just a few troublesome members a blanket ban makes less sense. But when said party is the main representative of said clan and is the primary offender of excess toxicity it seems like they're left with no choice but to ban the lot. If they didn't agree with his points of view, why would they join his clan?

If a few apples in the carton are bad you throw them away. If the supplier of the apples produces bad apples, you get a different supplier.

4 minutes ago, Bill Nye said:

I think it's less of a blanket ban when it's a ban on the leader of one of the parties. If it were just a few troublesome members a blanket ban makes less sense. But when said party is the main representative of said clan and is the primary offender of excess toxicity it seems like they're left with no choice but to ban the lot. If they didn't agree with his points of view, why would they join his clan?

If a few apples in the carton are bad you throw them away. If the supplier of the apples produces bad apples, you get a different supplier.

If you ban 20+ people because you don't like one guy. Then you need to get off the internet. I'm not known for contouring to your "safe space" if I don't like you I don't feel the need to kiss your ass.. Take it or leave it. But don't be a 12 year old about it. Lastly. I was banned because I told him "stfu and let me play the game" because he was an SL on my team and wanted to micromanage the fuck out of us. He places the same 4 fobs in every map. So I said " be open to new ideas" - Then on a seperate occasion I called him out for abusing admin cam. So you are saying I should just let those things go? Nah.

Edited by HSG Hardstyles

You represent them though my friend. If they wanted to play on the server as much as you seem to do, they would join a different clan or oust you? Obviously they either don't care about that, or believe you're in the right. I have not seen any other HSG member make a post wondering why they have been banned and asking for a higher power to smite those who banned them. It's just you, wondering why actions have consequences over and over. Vape nache dude. Go green

Edited by Bill Nye

1 minute ago, Bill Nye said:

You represent them though my friend. If they wanted to play on the server as much as you seem to do, they would join a different clan or oust you? Obviously they either don't care about that, or believe you're in the right. I have not seen any other HSG member make a post wondering why they have been banned and asking for a higher power to smite those who banned them. It's just you, wondering why actions have consequences over and over. Vape nache dude. Go green

Dude you are an idiot. I didn't ask for a "higher power to smite them" - I'm simply asking where the boundary is for making dumb rules on a licensed server.

I don't think "refrain from using bigotry and offensive language" is a dumb rule to have on a licensed server though. Infact I think it helps add to one of the actual guidelines for running a licensed server by "providing a positive environment" for players to play the game. I don't think banning people who are excessively rude to other players when they play is stepping over the line as a server administrator. Furthermore you have your own server where you can be however you want to its players, why is this still such an issue.

Edited by Bill Nye

Don't need to personally attack Bill, @HSG Hardstyles.

The only guidelines for server administration are drawn up here and here. The call is in favor of [FFO] according to the line: "Admins should encourage a fair, friendly and sportsmanlike atmosphere when mediating interaction between players." The admins had good reason to believe that you and your group would not be promoting a friendly or sportsmanlike atmosphere based on your previous interactions. Like Bill Nye said, your actions speak for your entire group. As a leader, you need to know that you are representing a number of people, not just yourself. We have to infer that, if the man that is closest to the HSG values (the leader) is toxic, then the rest are most likely in the same boat (and if they weren't already, they will be since now we banned their leader).

Pls learn the difference between a Custom server - and a licensed server Bill. You are missing the point. And by ur logic. I already said I inderstand why i'm banned because I told him to "stfu and let me play the game". But none of the other 20 people he banned have made any offense. So again. All i'm wondering is why this is acceptable to just ban people with 0 offenses against them and some people who have never even been on that server before. You are turning this into an anti HSG thing which I get the part where you clearly know me in some way shape or form and don't like me. I give 0 fucks. I am simply asking the question on where the guidelines are on making up your own server rules at your leisure for a licensed server. If you wanna turn it into a shit talk fest just pm me.

16 minutes ago, Bill Nye said:

This isn't how it works, It's misuse of server admin powers doing a flat out blanket ban, and by not following the license guidelines provided by OWI, its admin abuse and misuse of power by letting personal feelings towards another player get to him and making a rash and uncalled for decision to ban a whole clan based on one guy breaking the rules. You never ban multiple people unless they have committed rule breaking actions themselves. If the clan themselves were being fuckwits, understandable. If its just one guy who broke the rules, bad admin.

For professional reasons, you never let feelings decide who gets banned and who doesn't. It isn't an admins job to play favorites or play the emotional game. Its the admins job to think rationally and fairly to do their server good. Admins breaking the rules themselves, is a good way to get server licenses revoked.

In the same way that you represent HSG, Kevin and Backpack represent FFO. Their actions speak for all of FFO when they make the decision to ban your group. You making repeated reports to attempt to get the server flagged and taken down affects the FFO players you've never seen or interacted with because they all play on the server. If you were just a member in HSG and not the voice and decision maker of the clan this would not be a problem. What you do affects more than just yourself. As leaders you can't call people slurs and only be judged yourself, it affects your entire reputation as a group.

If this were not true this thread would be titled "Hey can you ban Lt. Kevin and I love your backpack" specifically they didn't follow the server rules. I'm 100% sure there's decent guys in HSG that don't act the way you do, but you speak for them. And by continuing to be their leader you act for them. 

If your clan members didn't agree with your opinions and behavior is it likely you would still lead them? That doesn't really make sense. Will there be those who don't deserve to be affected by the blanket ban? Absolutely but if they really really want to play a specific server, than choosing to not be represented by you seems like an easy choice or maybe even taking it up with the admins themselves? I'm sure if they're good people it'd be an easy repeal.

And yet here we stand. 

Edited by Bill Nye

Grunt -

1. I played with FFO Xibles last night and had a good time. He's chill. He even added me afterward. 

2 - This is the only time i've ever openly talked about the issue on the forums  considering it happened a month ago.

3. - All FFO players are able to join my server because as of now I have no reason to ban ANY of them. Even backpack or lt. Kevin. (A licensed server is a privilege not a right that you get to abuse at your free will just for publicity of your clan)

4 - You keep making this a personal issue. Grow up kid. I'm literally trying to get more in depth guidelines on these actions. Nothing more, Nothing Less. I have a feeling you're an FFO member. Otherwise i'm confused where all your salt comes from towards me.

5 - I lead a fair and honest clan - Not a clan full of pussies. Get over it. You don't like honesty then sit the hell down and don't chime in.

Just because i'm blunt doesn't make me a bad person.

Edited by HSG Hardstyles

Not going to comment on the second part of your post, but I do understand why streamers could be required to have a 10 minute delay. Admins are watching out for their community by doing so. There are lots of popular streamers who have people follow them, ghosting and ruining the experience of others. 

So the admins choose to look out for the entire server, minus the streamer who needs to set a 10 minute buffer. As if that's really such a hard thing to set up....

1 minute ago, Schoff426 said:

Not going to comment on the second part of your post, but I do understand why streamers could be required to have a 10 minute delay. Admins are watching out for their community by doing so. There are lots of popular streamers who have people follow them, ghosting and ruining the experience of others. 

So the admins choose to look out for the entire server, minus the streamer who needs to set a 10 minute buffer. As if that's really such a hard thing to set up....

I get that. And i'm not saying I don't see why it makes sense. But are they ALLOWED to do it?  Considering these sort of server rules are not specifically mentioned that you can ban people for this stuff. 

1 minute ago, Mumble said:

No one can answer that truly except a developer.

Exactly. So idk why random dudes who hate HSG need to put their two cents in.

Seems unprofessional to ban everyone in a particular group just because of the actions of one person in that particular group that lead to a ban.

It would be like banning all Middle Eastern people just because one of them was a terrorist.

Labeling all police officers as corrupt or bad just because one officer committed a crime.

Edited by Ghost Assassin

Concerning the streaming rule:

Licensed servers need to follow the general OWI server guidelines.

~ Have a quality, dedicated administration team.
~ Host from reliable and powerful server hardware.
~ Promote teamwork and communication in their community and/or clan.
~ Provide a positive environment for new players to learn the game and play with more experienced players.
~ Use the vanilla Squad gamemode rules so regular players know what to expect (will be important once modding is possible).

Then, they are allowed to implement their own rules, as long as those don't conflict with the main guidelines. I think the streaming rule fits in that category.

6 hours ago, MVPiet13 said:

Concerning the streaming rule:

Licensed servers need to follow the general OWI server guidelines.

~ Have a quality, dedicated administration team.
~ Host from reliable and powerful server hardware.
~ Promote teamwork and communication in their community and/or clan.
~ Provide a positive environment for new players to learn the game and play with more experienced players.
~ Use the vanilla Squad gamemode rules so regular players know what to expect (will be important once modding is possible).

Then, they are allowed to implement their own rules, as long as those don't conflict with the main guidelines. I think the streaming rule fits in that category.

this is true, but also this is a thing:

~ Server policies should be made clear to players in game, and should be listed and kept updated in a thread on the Official Squad Forums.

I don't see any server thread with rules for Bloodbath on the forums, although if he warned you first then I don't see a huge problem, as long as they didn't go "oh your streaming? banned" without any questions.

Yea, No one was banned to my knowledge. I'm just curious how far a server can take the server rules into their own hands with random rules like that. I'm genuinely curious for my own sake. Not just for the sake of these two scenarios. And absolutely not for the sake of making anyone look bad. 

I will see what I can do about giving you a definitive answer, but as it stands from the rules already laid out, as long as they don't conflict with the other rules you just need to make sure the rules are known to everyone on your server or they receive a warning for breaking one of these rules if they don't know what they are.

25 minutes ago, Locobizz said:

I was just banned from their room for telling the admin to #### off after he was being a smart ### to me. 

And you're surprised?

See as example

Well i dont like blanket bans... i dont do that on our server
BUT bans are allowed as long as they don't violate Licence Rules ...
  I believe Mods therefore will close this here

Edited by Ridoc