Black_Hawk

Dragging downed teammates? What's stopping you from putting it into the game?

6 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

I hope they increase the spawn timer depending on how often you give up. It's no fun at all to constantly face zombie hordes because of a low respawn timer.

I don't usually die more than 3-8 times per round but I usually kill about 16-40 enemy players per round.

But yes, spawn timer should be increased to prevent idiots to instantly give up after deaths, like: died, insta gave up, spawned in 45 seconds, ran for 1 minute, died again, gave up etc. Sometimes I see people with 18 deaths per round, it shouldn't be that way, they should be punished for dying and giving up that much and especially wasting that much of a team tickets. A guy with 18 deaths waste 36 of team tickets, it's more than 10% of the team(300 tickets in total at the start of the round) tickets.

Edited by KulaGGin

9 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

A guy with 18 deaths waste 36 of team tickets, it's more than 10% of the team(300 tickets in total at the start of the round) tickets.

Care to explain your math please? 

When you die, you only lose one ticket, not two...

Unless I missed something, in which case, forgive me.

That variation seems quite heavy.

I'm down to roughly 15/20 per game now, but it has become almost impossible to kill the same way than before 6.0 for some reason. Also people who give up and are not AAA transplants (couple of guys i know from PR) but are fed up with the decision from the Devs to no pick up kits and heal/revive others. While it's part of the game now, I can understand their POV.

If you see 18 deaths a round that would mean that the dude has as much bad support as it has a bad streak in decision making.

I see a lot of guys who are around 10 deaths because the fight cycle has gone down very fast. Yesterday evening I was killed about 5/6 times, but ended up posting a 2 death game, because my medic was at hand. However, we had to help about 10's of others, including two medics on the same squad. The firefights are increasingly bad from both a gaming perspective and reality perspective. Full auto everywhere no way to tell what stance is the enemy on (I see people sprinting towards me, end up getting shot while they're clearly not done sprinting), scoring hits on people means jack, RPK/SAW guys will simply brush them single shots of and shower you with ample and rather inaccurate fire, but somehow it looks like a fire volume glitch, where the full automatic fire will always win it, never mind where you landed your shots and who fired first. I guess part of it is on the connection.

Kills are being traded for whatever reason guys are going down with less effort than ever etc etc etc.

So if you want to add to the list of frustrations, dragging off a team mate, only to get yourself killed in return, that's not exactly optimal. Personally, for the medic to do his job, the area needs to be secured. Dragging the guy off is really a turn for the worse in the current gameplay.

Edited by KTMR29

11 minutes ago, molomo58 said:

When you die, you only lose one ticket, not two...

Unless I missed something, in which case, forgive me.

Actually it wastes 19 at best...(18 deaths + 1 on the respawn) (glock 19 reference don't mind me).

1 hour ago, molomo58 said:

When you get shot, let's say in the head, your team lose 1 ticket. When you press Give Up button your team lose one more ticket.

When you respawn your team doesn't lose tickets.

18 deaths on the scoreboard meaning some guy had to get shot 18 times and then he had to press Give Up button 18 times 18*2 = 36; 36/300 = 12% > 10%.

This game using different ticket system compared to all other games like Heroes & Generals, Battlefield etc.

Edited by KulaGGin

1 hour ago, KTMR29 said:

Actually it wastes 19 at best...(18 deaths + 1 on the respawn) (glock 19 reference don't mind me).

As I've mentioned above it wastes 1 ticket at the moment when you get shot, 1 ticket on give up and 0 tickets on respawn.

And you don't get 1+ death on the scoreboard if you only got shot but didn't give up and after that you got revived by a medic. You get 1+ death on the scoreboard only if you press Give Up button or if you bleed out.

Edited by KulaGGin

10 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

When you get shot, let's say in the head, your team lose 1 ticket. When you press Give Up button your team lose one more ticket.

I'm pretty sure (and it's been discussed several times on the forums) that you only lose one ticket per perma-death... You don't lose a ticket when you get incapacitated. Unless it's been changed very recently.

1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

When you respawn your team doesn't lose tickets.

18 deaths on the scoreboard meaning some guy had to get shot 18 times and then he had to press Give Up button 18 times 18*2 = 36; 36/300 = 12% > 10%.

This game using different ticket system compared to all other games like Heroes & Generals, Battlefield etc.

Nope...you lose one ticket when you give up. Not when you get shot. Otherwise you couldn't have 220+ killed people in matches. You got that wrong buddy. 

Sooo that's why matches are so fast... You guys just can't wait for medic and give up! Thanks for all the tickets lost. /rant

I hope devs change the respawn timer for something like pr, where for each death there is like 5 seconds more to wait. These 18 deaths players will think twice before giving up again. And please, no more instant respawn on main base too, specially with vehicles coming up, people will just give up, spawn on main on their own and take whatever vehicle is there, instead of waiting for medic to revive them.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

I wanna be able to drag my teammate as he drags another teammate so we can form a train of love and teamwork across the battlefield.

On 6/10/2016 at 4:51 AM, KulaGGin said:

In my opinion it would be a useless feature, anyway. I don't think I would waste another 20 seconds just to drag a person from one position to another and then another 20 to revive and heal him and waste about 2 minutes of man-hours just to revive 1 person.

It is more beneficial for yourself and more importantly for your team to just give up, spawn on FOB/Rally and become a threat for enemy soldiers again than to just lay on the ground and wait for medic for 1 minute, and just may be he'll revive you and you'll save 1 ticket.

When medic is in the same square with you and it is faster to  wait for a revive than to give up, then wait for spawn and then run for 30-60 seconds again, then yes, revive is worth it.

But usually medics are really bad in this game and they never even heard of map, keypad coordinates don't tell them anything and it takes them 90 seconds to just get to your body. It is faster and more beneficial for your team to just give up and spawn on FOB.

It's never more beneficial for the team to give up when you could wait thirty seconds and save a ticket instead. 

Dragging is plenty useful but if you do not understand why then I'll keep my tactical and strategic advantages to myself.

Also, respawn timers need to at least triple.

1 hour ago, PolishKruk said:

It's never more beneficial for the team to give up when you could wait thirty seconds and save a ticket instead. 

You could give up, spawn on the rally/FOB and kill 2 enemies in this thirty seconds range instead of just laying down on the ground waiting. Even you lay down on the ground and wait it doesn't mean you'll get revived at the end. Usually you just give up in 1-2 minutes anyway because medics are very bad in this game.

1 hour ago, PolishKruk said:

Also, respawn timers need to at least triple.

haha, I can imagine that. It would be empty server.

1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

You could give up, spawn on the rally/FOB and kill 2 enemies in this thirty seconds range instead of just laying down on the ground waiting.

Sounds good in theory, lousy in practice.

Squad is always about the battle for tickets. It's never about who depletes the opponent's tickets but more of who conserves his tickets better.

Anyway from experience people who think they can do that just charge, down a couple of tangos, then eat more shots, go down, rinse and repeat while the opponents who are incapacitated calmly wait for medics and as a result, the opponents only lose a few tickets while we bleed thanks to irresponsible individuals.

Besides, a steady stream of soldiers alert the enemies to a nearby FOB and they all come streaming in like flies.

I've played games where we've capped all but one flag, but we still lose because the other 3 squads insist on throwing themselves at the last flag no matter what it took, and just to kill more enemies and take a last flag they cost us a game by nearly 120 tickets.

So by my calculations, 2 enemies each 30 seconds = 4 per minute =120 in a 30 minute match. Credible much.

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

Lol, because things are black and white...yeah, being flexible is not an option. FFS you guys. You give up when relevant, you wait when relevant. Circumstances determine the game...

8 hours ago, Blackout330 said:

Sounds good in theory, lousy in practice.

Ok. How many thouthands of hours of practice you've had in Conquest games?(Battlefield 1942/2/2142/BC2/3, Project Reality, Insurgency, Heroes & Generals etc). And I'm talking about proper PCWs, ladders, legues, tournaments and not about lonewolfing on pubs with randoms.

Squad is always about the battle for tickets.

It isn't about the tickets. It's about controlling more objectives than the enemy team and making enemy team lose as much tickets as possible by controlling the objectives, killing more enemy players, destroying FOBs etc. But the main objective is to control more objectives than the enemy team. It is almost impossible to lose the match when you have more objectives than enemy team even if enemy team killing your teammates more than your teammates killing players from enemy team.

Anyway from experience people who think they can do that just charge, down a couple of tangos, then eat more shots, go down, rinse and repeat while the opponents who are incapacitated calmly wait for medics and as a result, the opponents only lose a few tickets while we bleed thanks to irresponsible individuals.

The problem in Squad is most people are playing The Role Playing Game:
3-Piece-2015-New-Sexy-Women-Halloween-Ba

Like:"OMG, I'm a rial-lyfe soldier and I'm supposed to act like it". And as a result most of the people just fuck around doing nothing most of the battle: laying down in the middle of nowhere, laying down when they're dead waiting for a medic etc when their duty is to be inside the capture zone of the objective of the conflict.

Here's the example of mediocre battle in Squad:

7yq4FN.jpg

I went straight to the objective and all other people was just fucking around: running around in the middle of nowhere then they was capturing first objective with 15 teammates, then they was defending home objective etc. And I was the only one who went to the fortress in the start of the round, then my teammates were laying down in the middle of nowhere waiting for medics to save their lives when we needed to capture fortress(and not laying on the ground).

Here's how this match ended:

7yq4FL.jpg

I actually know when to give up and when to wait for a medic, so I don't waste my time by laying on the ground and as a result most of the time I am the most active player on the server. When I'm not then it means something went seriously wrong and it is exception which proves the rule.

I've played games where we've capped all but one flag, but we still lose because the other 3 squads insist on throwing themselves at the last flag no matter what it took, and just to kill more enemies and take a last flag they cost us a game by nearly 120 tickets.

You lost because the enemy team had more flags than you in the past and then you lost not because they were giving up too fast but because they were rushing. No medics would be able to revive them, anyway. We're talking about how fast one should give up and you're just saying that your enemy players were doing their job right: staying active and killing enemy players as much as possible.

Edited by KulaGGin

How can you talk so much BS about competitive game play. Then edit every file to give you an advantage?

4C2A843B233AFAAF155752286A97643ED98B61BB

2 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

Ok. How many thouthands of hours of practice you've had in Conquest games?(Battlefield 1942/2/2142/BC2/3, Project Reality, Insurgency, Heroes & Generals etc). And I'm talking about proper PCWs, ladders, legues, tournaments and not about lonewolfing on pubs with randoms.

It isn't about the tickets. It's about controlling more objectives than the enemy team and making enemy team lose as much tickets as possible by controlling the objectives, killing more enemy players, destroying FOBs etc. But the main objective is to control more objectives than the enemy team. It is almost impossible to lose the match when you have more objectives than enemy team even if enemy team killing your teammates more than your teammates killing players from enemy team.

Like:"OMG, I'm a rial-lyfe soldier and I'm supposed to act like it". And as a result most of the people just fuck around doing nothing most of the battle: laying down in the middle of nowhere, laying down when they're dead waiting for a medic etc when their duty is to be inside the capture zone of the objective of the conflict.

7yq4FN.jpg

I went straight to the objective and all other people was just fucking around: running around in the middle of nowhere then they was capturing first objective with 15 teammates, then they was defending home objective etc. And I was the only one who went to the fortress in the start of the round, then my teammates were laying down in the middle of nowhere waiting for medics to save their lives when we needed to capture fortress(and not laying on the ground).

7yq4FL.jpg

I actually know when to give up and when to wait for a medic, so I don't waste my time by laying on the ground and as a result most of the time I am the most active player on the server. When I'm not then it means something went seriously wrong and it is exception which proves the rule.

You lost because the enemy team had more flags than you in the past and then you lost not because they were giving up too fast but because they were rushing. No medics would be able to revive them, anyway. We're talking about how fast one should give up and you're just saying that your enemy players were doing their job right: staying active and killing enemy players as much as possible.

You understand that typically the image about the game you post is what is wrong with Squad right now? Less points, negative KD ratio by half a platoon, and still winning with 130 ticks?

This is exactly why Squad becomes a PITA when you have to play against objective only guys. People that actually DO go for the objective and are shit at shooting and fighting. 'Coz we own the flags yo.

Abysmally thought out, if I wanted hide an seek simulator 2016 v5.1 I would have bought something else.

And dang son, you playing low res to gain view range...say it ain't so. Very disappointed.

Edited by KTMR29

10 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

You understand that typically the image about the game you post is what is wrong with Squad right now? Less points, negative KD ratio by half a platoon, and still winning with 130 ticks?

Well, I couldn't capture Fortress by myself because there were a lot of enemies on the objective. When I killed few they wasn't waiting for a medic for 3 minutes, they was just spawning on the fob and getting to the objective again as fast as possible. They captured fortress in the end even considering there was a lot more of enemy casulties than ours on fortress.

This is exactly why Squad becomes a PITA when you have to play against objective only guys. People that actually DO go for the objective and are shit at shooting and fighting. 'Coz we own the flags yo.

What's PITA? What's wrong in playing against objective only guys? What's wrong with people that actually do go for the objectives and are shit at shooting? Not every single one person in the world have a mouse for $80 and 32" monitor for $500 so they can be very good at shooting. Most of the people have $20-30 mouse and $100 ~20" monitors which isn't enough for Squad at all.

I can live with people who don't shoot good enough just fine. But I hate dumb asses who do god knows what in the middle of nowhere.

'Coz we own the flags yo.

If you want to play for kdr instead of playing for the objective then Squad isn't for you. CS/CoD/BF were made to play for kdr.

Abysmally thought out, if I wanted hide an seek simulator 2016 v5.1 I would have bought something else.

What's you point? Squad isn't hide'n'seek simulator and never was. Sometimes with a proper squad of people who actually know what they're doing we get all objectives on Logar/Op First Light without making a single kill in 25v25 fight because enemy team are just doing nothing(placing FOBs, waiting for medics etc) in the middle of nowhere instead of staying inside capture zones of defensive/offensive objectives.

Edited by KulaGGin

5 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

Excuse me, but what do those have to do with what we are talking about in Squad? Also, from your own description you are the one lonewolfing.

It isn't about tickets... Well I just bolded where YOU confirmed that its just about tickets. It does not matter what you do but everything revolves around conserving your own tickets and depleting the enemies. How you do that is just playing the game and does not matter as long as you win. 

Also, it is far from impossible to lose when holding more objectives, especially if the aggressive people on your team only know how to attack and create some terrible Verdun-esque drain on your own tickets that outpaces the natural ticket bleed. This game is about efficiency.

Is this what you dress up as for Halloween? HAWT!

This is why we have squadleaders and impart on new people that they should listen to them. Maybe you should take some of your own advise and start playing with the team.

7yq4FN.jpg

7yq4FL.jpg

Why didn't you convince your squad to come with you to contest Fortress? Better yet, why don't you pick up the SquadLeader radio and do the damned job yourself since you seem to know better than anyone else. Its one thing if you bitch when you've exhausted all options, its quite another when you haven't even put out the effort to try.

Really? Good for you. If you worked with your squad more and weren't three grid squares away from your medics all the time I guarantee you would get revived more. Also, did OWI add a pedometer in or something? Who gives a fuck how "active" someone is? If your team loses you still failed regardless of how "active" you thought you were. All that is doing is blinding you from seeing your own shortcomings and trying to get better!

The one thing you've said that actually makes some sense. Yes lots of players need to quit being so aggressive. At the same time being able to take the initiative can win games that are on the brink. Finally, we come back to the OT of the thread. Dragging players makes it easier to keep people in combat which puts more pressure on the objective. Again, in a perfect world no one would give up, people would actually wait for medics to do their jobs. So, instead of saying medics you play with are terrible why don't you pick up the medkit and try it yourself? If you truly care about the team then its the proper thing to do since its widely accepted that the quality of medics can make or break a round.

Spoiler

Also, I'm marking this as proof that the Europeans are not infinitely better teamplayers than the North Americans like so many of them like to claim.

3 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

Well, I couldn't capture Fortress by myself because there were a lot of enemies on the objective. When I killed few they wasn't waiting for a medic for 3 minutes, they was just spawning on the fob and getting to the objective again as fast as possible. They captured fortress in the end even considering there was a lot more of enemy casulties than ours on fortress.

What's PITA? What's wrong in playing against objective only guys? What's wrong with people that actually do go for the objectives and are shit at shooting? Not every single one person in the world have a mouse for $80 and 32" monitor for $500 so they can be very good at shooting. Most of the people have $20-30 mouse and $100 ~20" monitors which isn't enough for Squad at all.

I can live with people who don't shoot good enough just fine. But I hate dumb asses who do god knows what in the middle of nowhere.

If you want to play for kdr instead of playing for the objective then Squad isn't for you. CS/CoD/BF were made to play for kdr.

What's you point? Squad isn't hide'n'seek simulator and never was. Sometimes with a proper squad of people who actually know what they're doing we get all objectives on Logar/Op First Light without making a single kill in 25v25 fight because enemy team are just doing nothing(placing FOBs, waiting for medics etc) in the middle of nowhere instead of staying inside capture zones of defensive/offensive objectives.

i don't play for K/D but the fact that you could win a game with 130 tickets AND being the worst fighting team and "objective" team, tells me exactly what i implied. This type of game in Squad shows it is broken in that aspect. 

It's not about mil-sim is about logic. You kill less people, earn "less" points and still win by a margin that simply can't be explained in any other way but a broken AAS paradigm.

PITA (Pain in the Ass). It is wrong, because there's too much reward for basically a rally raid type of game. People just fight for one flag and then the rest of the squad gets in place and start a chain reaction (back capping). Until the defending team gets in range of the flag cap, the attacking team has neutralized the third flag over. This isn't a shooter, it's bullshit. 

In this game we're supposed to get contact and neutralize it by military like manoeuvres. As long as this game doesn't have real force multipliers (like vehicles) contact shouldn't be a proscribed word. All I hear from team leaders is avoid contact go run to the cap zone. FFS yeah, you got and empty compound then fucking what? what does happen? 

I'm realy aggravated by the fact the Devs keep talking about changes but haven't still gotten the basics out of this. Guns in this game are offensive tools, not defensive items to be used in last resort. People who are overly aggressive but shit at fighting, usually tend to bleed the team out? However, I seldom see them now. Most of the time it's a mix of noobs that have lost their way and a squad leader that hasn't got enough control over its teammates. 

8 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

It's not about mil-sim is about logic. You kill less people, earn "less" points and still win by a margin that simply can't be explained in any other way but a broken AAS paradigm.

Battlefield, Project Reality and Squad is about controlling the objectives. You control the objectives > you win. Yes, it's that easy.

PITA (Pain in the Ass). It is wrong, because there's too much reward for basically a rally raid type of game. People just fight for one flag and then the rest of the squad gets in place and start a chain reaction (back capping). Until the defending team gets in range of the flag cap, the attacking team has neutralized the third flag over. This isn't a shooter, it's bullshit.

Well, it's a successive conquest. You have to use players from your team if you want to know if enemy is capturing your defensive objective. This game is about communication and teamwork.

Have you even played Battlefield 2 or Project Reality? If you didn't, what are you even doing here then? There are plenty shooters for casuals like BF, CoD, CSGO, Planetside etc.

In this game we're supposed to get contact and neutralize it by military like manoeuvres. As long as this game doesn't have real force multipliers (like vehicles) contact shouldn't be a proscribed word. All I hear from team leaders is avoid contact go run to the cap zone. FFS yeah, you got and empty compound then fucking what? what does happen?

You win a match. If you want to run'n'gun you can go and play some CoD/BF.

17 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

Battlefield, Project Reality and Squad is about controlling the objectives. You control the objectives > you win. Yes, it's that easy.

Well, it's a successive conquest. You have to use players from your team if you want to know if enemy is capturing your defensive objective. This game is about communication and teamwork.

Have you even played Battlefield 2 or Project Reality? If you didn't, what are you even doing here then? There are plenty shooters for casuals like BF, CoD, CSGO, Planetside etc.

You win a match. If you want to run'n'gun you can go and play some CoD/BF.

Battlefield is head on combat. PR is a tad more complex than than "control the objectives", because there are force multipliers and you need to get them down. A skilled CAS can spread havoc among the guys that tend to run and the speed of reaction from a good fighters makes let's try and take this  point before they can neutralize that other point completely useless. Usually, in PR you die trying to cap that flag too far because you can't kill that Leopard 2/T90/Abrams tank thats holding the ridge. 

I don't know what games you play but BF and PR aren't among those.

That's stupid because you can conquer points in Squad without clearing OPFOR from cap, that's why you have very bad fighters simply swarming cap points. 

It's not about run and gun. It's just run in your case.