0DarkIron

Entry/Exit wounds, Bleeding effects, CLS.

The main thing I want to see, (that so many other games lack, up to and including ARMA) is visible entry/exit wounds on a corpse/casualty. Visible bleeding (blood trails/pools on the ground from a casualty being dragged or walking, crawling) and of course, I know a medical system is being implemented but I would like to see something more complex than "stand here get healed" or "inject epi, your good" I would like to see a system that involves using the proper equipment to treat different wounds. Chest seal for chest wounds, tourniquet for extremedie wounds, etc. realistic field expedient medical care. For in the real world, treating a casualty in the field is only to keep him alive long enough to get them to the next highest care. Just a few thoughts!

I'm all for the wound decals and blood pools but I think overly complicating the medical system in such a fashion would be fun for the medic but not for the player that has to stand there while the medic inspects him and carefully treats his wounds.

That being said I'm all for bleeding to complicate the medical system more than most games but only in the sense that anyone can apply a bandage to stop bleeding, while only a medic can use a medical kit to heal the soldier to full or near full effectiveness.

I see your point, but I would at least like a "bleed out" mechanic, so you can't just be wounded indefinitely, should bleed faster/slower, depending on the severity of the wound, I.e. where you were hit and with what.

I see your point, but I would at least like a "bleed out" mechanic, so you can't just be wounded indefinitely, should bleed faster/slower, depending on the severity of the wound, I.e. where you were hit and with what.

They will implement a bleed out system, just like in PR if not more improved.

First off they have pretty much promised to leave serious gore out. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons, but I imagine the rating systems in non-US countries could be most to blame.

So obviously very early and nothing is set in stone, but they have hinted that the medic system and wound system will be much more complex. I doubt we will ever see anything quite like you described. But there should be bleeding out if you don't get medical attention. They have also hinted that where you are hit may effect movement, aiming, etc.

I'd really like to see some sort of medical system that's deeper than simply holding a medkit near someone to heal them.

Something basic like what ACE 3 does for Arma 3, bandages, morphine, epinephrine, etc. Losing consciousness from blood loss or the force of bullet impacts. Pain effects. 

I'd really like to see some sort of medical system that's deeper than simply holding a medkit near someone to heal them.

Something basic like what ACE 3 does for Arma 3, bandages, morphine, epinephrine, etc. Losing consciousness from blood loss or the force of bullet impacts. Pain effects. 

Will not happen, with this much detail.

I'm not specifically interested in too much gore. But being able to see where someone actually got shot on his body will be cool and important, gameplay wise.

If your buddy next to you gets hit, at least you can see from which side he just took a bullet from.

Will not happen, with this much detail.

I'm not specifically interested in too much gore. But being able to see where someone actually got shot on his body will be cool and important, gameplay wise.

If your buddy next to you gets hit, at least you can see from which side he just took a bullet from.

you've got to be joking. if that's the case, then i can't wait for mods. if they don't let people mod this game i won't spend a single minute with it. im not interested in playing battlefield.

and for the record, i never even mentioned gore.

you've got to be joking. if that's the case, then i can't wait for mods. if they don't let people mod this game i won't spend a single minute with it. im not interested in playing battlefield.

Well this definitely won't be anything like battlefield, and mods are confirmed, so you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry, think we assumed that an exit wound would equal gore. Let's give it time, certainly think the medic system should be much improved and dynamic.

Sorry, think we assumed that an exit wound would equal gore. Let's give it time, certainly think the medic system should be much improved and dynamic.

i didnt clarify myself either so i applogize.

while i think OP's ideas would be cool to see, theyre definitely a lot deeper than what i think will be implemented base level.

however, i agree with his overall sentiment that the medical system could be enhanced and given a deeper and more immersive feel if we were able to do things like blood transfusions, morphine, epinephrine and bandages. and having a system where non-CLS can do the basic level to stabilize their teammates while CLS' are able to perform the more advanced medical functions. it gives the CLS member a deeper level of importance as part of the team.

That's exactly what I had in mind, team mates can stop the bleeding so their buddy doesn't die on them, while medics return them to fighting condition, which in all honesty is probably the simple system they are shooting for. Much as I love the system in Arma's ACE, I'm afraid I have to concur with you guys that an overly complicated medical system would slow down the pace of the game a bit to much. Although I would like the mention that the medical system in America's Army 3 was kinda also what I had in mind, figuring out where the casualty was hit and rendering the proper care was cool in that game.

I honestly don't care if they change the medical system from what it is now, I just would love to see general improvements with the blood decals, such as entrance/exit wounds, bleeding, and altogether good effects to make wounding/casualties more intense and realistic. At least not ARMA 3 style wounds.

i didnt clarify myself either so i applogize.

while i think OP's ideas would be cool to see, theyre definitely a lot deeper than what i think will be implemented base level.

however, i agree with his overall sentiment that the medical system could be enhanced and given a deeper and more immersive feel if we were able to do things like blood transfusions, morphine, epinephrine and bandages. and having a system where non-CLS can do the basic level to stabilize their teammates while CLS' are able to perform the more advanced medical functions. it gives the CLS member a deeper level of importance as part of the team.

Overly complicated, not fun.

go back to battlefield hardline.

That kind of attitude from you both belongs on the Hardline forums, not here. Keep it professional guys

That kind of attitude from you both belongs on the Hardline forums, not here. Keep it professional guys

this entire forum is just speculative arguments and people hardly ever giving constructive feedback anyway.

this entire forum is just speculative arguments and people hardly ever giving constructive feedback anyway.

I agree but we, including myself, can do our best not to add to the problem. There's going to be lots of players from the Call of Duty and Battlefield communities joining these forums. All we can do is try to lead by example. *off of soap box*

I agree but we, including myself, can do our best not to add to the problem. There's going to be lots of players from the Call of Duty and Battlefield communities joining these forums. All we can do is try to lead by example. *off of soap box*

yeah, my response wasn't quite the most professional.

but shite comments like his are not appreciated.

The way I see it, critical comments with no rebuttals mean nothing. The Devs will do what the Devs decide is in the best interest of the game, I don't care what joe snuffy thinks of an idea, it's all about if the devs see it and say "hey that's cool!" Or "that's dumb, we won't do that"

I agree, the medical system cannot be as basic as holding a medkit onto somebody as for a medic it means the role is far to simple and no learning needs to be done. Damage should be separated into limbs as shown below: 

- Head : Only capable of light damage but vision impairments (real or not it should be something)
- Arms: Light damage would mean severely reduced accuracy, heavy damage might mean the inability to operate the weapon maybe even at all or just reloading, etc.
- Legs : If wounded lightly movement speed would be reduced, heavy wounding would cause inability to walk (which encourages use of the drag feature mentioned by the dev's)

This means health would be separate but what would be so complex about having a bloodbag/saline bag item which just restored %50 of overall health lost when applied? Epinephrine could still be used like PR to resuscitate someone. But a new bandage system should be involved, in PR you had limited epi pens and if bloodbags were used would mean you would also have limited amounts of those but the medkit was maybe too powerful. Maybe bring back bandages however to repair the limb damage they would be used which encourages resupply scenarios even more. The separate limb damage also means different types of body shot or certain mines would actually prove to be effective, e.g. you shoot out someone's legs to make them crawl to then bring out someone else to drag them away and blam you get two people.

To me that medical system is simple enough for anyone to understand, well rounded enough to keep game play fluent and encourage other squads such as supply/logistics squads to play a part and it makes being a medic a unique and different experience. 

The way I see it, critical comments with no rebuttals mean nothing. The Devs will do what the Devs decide is in the best interest of the game, I don't care what joe snuffy thinks of an idea, it's all about if the devs see it and say "hey that's cool!" Or "that's dumb, we won't do that"

Developing one's own idea further helps; perhaps creating mock-up images of in-game menu ideas, that sort of thing. it only helps the devs understand a person's idea, and it helps catch their attention. im going to work on refining my suggestions.

Developing one's own idea further helps; perhaps creating mock-up images of in-game menu ideas, that sort of thing. it only helps the devs understand a person's idea, and it helps catch their attention. im going to work on refining my suggestions.

Too right

I agree, the medical system cannot be as basic as holding a medkit onto somebody as for a medic it means the role is far to simple and no learning needs to be done. Damage should be separated into limbs as shown below: 

- Head : Only capable of light damage but vision impairments (real or not it should be something)

- Arms: Light damage would mean severely reduced accuracy, heavy damage might mean the inability to operate the weapon maybe even at all or just reloading, etc.

- Legs : If wounded lightly movement speed would be reduced, heavy wounding would cause inability to walk (which encourages use of the drag feature mentioned by the dev's)

This means health would be separate but what would be so complex about having a bloodbag/saline bag item which just restored %50 of overall health lost when applied? Epinephrine could still be used like PR to resuscitate someone. But a new bandage system should be involved, in PR you had limited epi pens and if bloodbags were used would mean you would also have limited amounts of those but the medkit was maybe too powerful. Maybe bring back bandages however to repair the limb damage they would be used which encourages resupply scenarios even more. The separate limb damage also means different types of body shot or certain mines would actually prove to be effective, e.g. you shoot out someone's legs to make them crawl to then bring out someone else to drag them away and blam you get two people.

To me that medical system is simple enough for anyone to understand, well rounded enough to keep game play fluent and encourage other squads such as supply/logistics squads to play a part and it makes being a medic a unique and different experience. 

i'd like to just add some thoughts to your post, keep in mind, this is all just potential ideas and stuff.

why not heavy damage to the head? could result in being knocked unconscious, and if damage is anymore than that, death. 

so light damage = 25% chance of severe vision impairment, 50% chance of light vision impairment, 25% chance of bleeding (rate of blood loss varied), 10% chance of loss of consciousness

heavy damage = 80% chance of severe vision impairment, 100% chance of light vision impairment, 75% chance of bleeding (rate of blood loss varied but most likely medium-to-heavy rate of blood loss), 60% chance of loss of consciousness

note: in each circumstance, vision impairment is a side effect of the pain being felt by the player; and it will subside once morphine is administered. until then, however, vision impairment will affect combat effectiveness

max damage = death

medical equipment:

• bandages to stop blood loss
  • morphine for pain 
  • epinephrine for loss of consciousness
  • blood bags to replace lost blood levels

a player's body could be divided up into hitbox sections:

• head
  • neck
  • chest
  • groin
  • arms; upper (shoulder to elbow) and lower (elbow to hand)
  • legs; upper (groin to knee) and lower (knee to foot)

each hitbox would display a randomized decal or detail of some kidn when it got wounded, if they wanted to get really detailed they could have varying sized wound decals depending on the type of weapon that caused the wound, as well as the distance from it (in the case of explosions)

this could enable a CLS to see where the person was wounded, make a quick assessment of where to start working first, and also would add detail and immersiveness to the medic slot.

im 100% sure most people reading this will disagree with it and simply think, "nope, dumb, too complicated not fun." or, "i don't want to spend 2 hours learning how to be a medic"

but im detailing out the background of how it may work in a way that a dev could understand my idea.

in the perspective of a medic player, you don't necessarily have to know how the entire system works, you just have to go up to a downed player, diagnose and then use whatever function of the medical system is needed. 

it isn't that complex to learn, and i personally feel that if they wish to add depth and immersiveness to the support roles of Squad (because PR has plenty of opportunities to play as more of a support role rather than a front line rifleman shit kicker), then adding some sort of depth to the medical system would be fantastic. and i don't even mean adding in my ideas or anything similar to mine that other people have put forth; 

i just really, really don't want to play as a medic and just simply hold out/throw down a medic kit and it automatically heals everyone in the immediate area. that isn't necessarily not fun, but it could be so much better than that.

in the system i described, it would affect gameplay by making the entire mechanic of medical attention that much more important. it would no longer be a mechanic where the medical aspect of the game could be taken care of via an AoE (area of effect), as in throwing down a medic box and letting people stand near it and get healed. the CLS would have to take care of each person one at a time. that also incentivizes intelligent teamwork and strategy, because multiple casualties can totally break down a units combat effectiveness fairly quickly. and it would incentivize keeping your CLS protected and alive. it would incentivize CLS players to not be running around willy nilly and getting shot, therefore taking their teams medic out of the fight for a good chunk of time (however long the respawn is). 

I have mixed feelings about this, as while learning how to play a role is important, a complex system can become a minigame in itself. I think a balance where newbie can still be effective, while an experienced player should be able to rock it.

Maybe a system that gives you toggleable hints? So, with decals showing a serious leg wound, as you approach the victim, you'd get a popup. "Victim has a serious leg injury, choose: Tourniquet & IV (longer heal time, larger heal) or Bandage (shorter heal time, less heal). As you gain experience, you can turn off the hints and do your own diagnosis based on the decal, faster and more efficiently.

I'm not a medic IRL, so the above example is likely not accurate to true treatment options.