why does de animations are so slow into a level of the guy is chilling on a firing range, he lock the weapons before swap to a grenade or other thing or swap to a pistol wile there is a guy aiming at hes head with a full auto AK saying: "hey man, let me lock my rifle wile i draw and unlock my pistol" he does not seems to be in a middle of a fire fight if that is to slow the gameplay put animations that fits with the situation.

and why there is now this annoying head bob when he reload the weapon or do any other action? cant we just have a option to turn that off?

Actually, without those animations the gameplay would be much closer to Call of Duty and Battlefield. So... they're kinda necessary and set the game apart from the rest. We want slower and more methodical (DIFFERENT) gameplay, not the shit that already saturates the market! I do love myself some Call of Duty and Battlefield but I don't want another game like that when there's plenty of them.

I would assume that you wouldn't have a live or hot weapon on you when you're not actually using it.. but I don't know. Something tells me not having the safety on, on a weapon that you're rolling around with and not actively using, is kinda.. a no no? Who knows, maybe an actual combat vet can specify. :D

1 minute ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

arma does not have this and is far from Battlefield and call of duty, so that argument is invalid.

go play call of duty. I am better off without you.

13 minutes ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

arma does not have this and is far from Battlefield and call of duty, so that argument is invalid.

Squad isn't ARMA. It's a matter of relevance, so it's completely valid.

ARMA has slower gameplay due to the in depth stances and more "rigid" animations / movement as well as vast and openly spaced out environments. There's a reason people don't really like to push the CQB aspect in ARMA and that reason is fluidity of gameplay. Hence fluidity having a direct link to pace. There's many more reasons why ARMA is slower in pace.

Squad is much more compact, the animations are way more fluid and movement is responsive. The speed of movement is faster, there's no need to adjust stances on a deeper level and by default the weapons in Squad are much more lethal than in ARMA (unless you play Veteran / set it that way). You can die and respawn fairly close to get straight back into the fight. This is why Squad is WAY faster than ARMA and as a result taking away one major factor that helps it slow down would make it even closer to Call of Duty and Battlefield's pace.

Still not feeling the validity of the argument?

9 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

Squad isn't ARMA. It's a matter of relevance, so it's completely valid.

ARMA has slower gameplay due to the in depth stances and more "rigid" animations / movement as well as vast and openly spaced out environments. There's a reason people don't really like to push the CQB aspect in ARMA and that reason is fluidity of gameplay. Hence fluidity having a direct link to pace. There's many more reasons why ARMA is slower in pace.

Squad is much more compact, the animations are way more fluid and movement is responsive. The speed of movement is faster, there's no need to adjust stances on a deeper level and by default the weapons in Squad are much more lethal than in ARMA (unless you play Veteran / set it that way). You can die and respawn fairly close to get straight back into the fight. This is why Squad is WAY faster than ARMA and as a result taking away one major factor that helps it slow down would make it even closer to Call of Duty and Battlefield's pace.

Still not feeling the validity of the argument?

still not valid, just because you don't have a feature its automatically makes likely to another game, same as people how called squad in early develop a insurgency with a bigger map, same as red orquestra 2 have all nice features for weapons but is a meat grind on the map design. but like i said if they wanna slowdown the game play they need to have animation that fits to it.

1 hour ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

why does de animations are so slow into a level of the guy is chilling on a firing range, he lock the weapons before swap to a grenade or other thing or swap to a pistol wile there is a guy aiming at hes head with a full auto AK saying: "hey man, let me lock my rifle wile i draw and unlock my pistol" he does not seems to be in a middle of a fire fight if that is to slow the gameplay put animations that fits with the situation.

and why there is now this annoying head bob when he reload the weapon or do any other action? cant we just have a option to turn that off?

Placeholders. They're due for an animation revamp, they picked up Kab. February Recap had some WIP shit that looks like reloading with some hustle behind it.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=82

ak74reload.gif

mp443_dryreload_recap_480.gif

rpgdeploy.gif

m4reload.gif

m249reload.gif

It's all out there folks, goddamnit!

If you really wanted to talk about unnecessary, let's talk about how the camera moves too much for a lot of reloads. Your view moving a little is no big deal, it seems a bit excessive right now.

2 hours ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

The problem with your argument is, 99% of people who play Arma public servers, sit on the side of a mountain sniping. Reload time doesn't really matter in those situations, as everyone IS playing like they're some elite snipers, slows gameplay down lel

For a more serious response; Arma's overall game design, from character movement to map scale, makes the gameplay slow. CQB in PvP scenarios are not as common as mid range fire fights(I'm talking in the perspective of Unit vs Unit, not Life or Wasteland) due to these reasons. Squad is different, with CQB being pretty common due to the smaller map scale and more fluidity in the gameplay and character animations. Faster reload animations will allow a more 'run n gun' style of play, more so than there is now, which is what we don't need. 

With the animations now, such as RPG, M203s and even just your standard rifle reload, their timing helps pace fire fights, its makes controlled firing more of a thing, where you fire single or short burst instead of full auto; Where you don't just spam nades and rpgs everywhere in a short time, because the fast reload animations allow you too(Battle field - Operation Metro anyone?)

1 hour ago, Dubs said:

The problem with your argument is, 99% of people who play Arma public servers, sit on the side of a mountain sniping. Reload time doesn't really matter in those situations, as everyone IS playing like they're some elite snipers, slows gameplay down lel

For a more serious response; Arma's overall game design, from character movement to map scale, makes the gameplay slow. CQB in PvP scenarios are not as common as mid range fire fights(I'm talking in the perspective of Unit vs Unit, not Life or Wasteland) due to these reasons. Squad is different, with CQB being pretty common due to the smaller map scale and more fluidity in the gameplay and character animations. Faster reload animations will allow a more 'run n gun' style of play, more so than there is now, which is what we don't need. 

With the animations now, such as RPG, M203s and even just your standard rifle reload, their timing helps pace fire fights, its makes controlled firing more of a thing, where you fire single or short burst instead of full auto; Where you don't just spam nades and rpgs everywhere in a short time, because the fast reload animations allow you too(Battle field - Operation Metro anyone?)

Lucky i am the 1% that play in close combat, especially when you play mods like tactical battlefield even on the king of the hill mode i still go close combat, the game does not need a faster reload but at least a meaning to this, pace the firefight does not mean butt fuck they like project really did for limits on the engine, now we have the U4 there is no escuse 

2 hours ago, zeno said:

Placeholders. They're due for an animation revamp, they picked up Kab. February Recap had some WIP shit that looks like reloading with some hustle behind it.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=82

ak74reload.gif

mp443_dryreload_recap_480.gif

rpgdeploy.gif

m4reload.gif

m249reload.gif

It's all out there folks, goddamnit!

and how about the draw animations? i did not see any more stuff about it

27 minutes ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

Lucky i am the 1% that play in close combat, especially when you play mods like tactical battlefield even on the king of the hill mode i still go close combat, the game does not need a faster reload but at least a meaning to this, pace the firefight does not mean butt fuck they like project really did for limits on the engine, now we have the U4 there is no escuse 

Its the same issue with the law, currently animations to play out in full. We'd have to wait for the animation system revamp. Probably would see more situational animations, along with more variety in general (different reloads, dropping the rifle to switch to pistol, stress etc). Nothing too concrete at this point besides what was in the recap though.

The actual speed of switching to secondary has always been a hot topic though, https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/4modyo/pistol_quickdraw/

47 minutes ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

This reads to me as 'I want faster animations as I want the gameplay like all the other fast paced shooters'. Sorry but that's not the play style I believe the devs are going for. They seem to be going for a steady, tactical approach to combat where you rely on squad mates for cover and not the Rambo like run & gun, reload, weapon switching, twitch shooter we have been fed these past years.

37 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

This reads to me as 'I want faster animations as I want the gameplay like all the other fast paced shooters'. Sorry but that's not the play style I believe the devs are going for. They seem to be going for a steady, tactical approach to combat where you rely on squad mates for cover and not the Rambo like run & gun, reload, weapon switching, twitch shooter we have been fed these past years.

so its better you read again.  

I personally like the long reloads, it adds more anxiety and suspense when in a firefight. And for the reload head bobbing, I don't mind those. Unlike half of the old people here on this forum, I'm a young'un and I don't get seizures from random FOV changes and screen shifts. But the head bobbing does add in some weight to the reload animation, I don't want my reload animation to feel like I'm fast-reloading a PVC pipe. Because then we'd fall into the CoD factor, and we all know who's buying Infinite Warfare next year *cough* @Roque_THE_GAMER *cough*

12 minutes ago, Polanski said:

I personally like the long reloads, it adds more anxiety and suspense when in a firefight. And for the reload head bobbing, I don't mind those. Unlike half of the old people here on this forum, I'm a young'un and I don't get seizures from random FOV changes and screen shifts. But the head bobbing does add in some weight to the reload animation, I don't want my reload animation to feel like I'm fast-reloading a PVC pipe. Because then we'd fall into the CoD factor, and we all know who's buying Infinite Warfare next year *cough* @Roque_THE_GAMER *cough*

i did not even mentioned reloads times in this tread i don't know why people are bring this here, i am talking about the drawn times and how the animations looks out of contest, for the head bob so just let a option to turn that off in the menu so people like you can enjoy this alone just like bloom effect. and how i suddenly became a cod player?

10 hours ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

Ever heard of the old saying "slow is smooth, smooth is fast"? The idea behind the term is that when you speed up, you fuck up. Great example: back before I started enjoying pistol shooting, I used to watch videos of people draw a pistol and think "man, that shit's retarded, why is that a three step process?", but now that I've gotten more familiar with handguns, I recognize that the three steps of drawing, raising, and pointing a pistol is simply because it naturally aligns the sights and helps you to remember all the necessary functions, such as switching off the safety.

The animations that are in game and will be in game are meant to mimic real life, which is why the AK reload has the right hand racking the charging handle rather than the left hand: this is how it's taught in Slavic countries, as compared to US training courses. Drawing a weapon, reloading a weapon, and firing a weapon accurate will always be a rather slow process. It takes time to do all these things and do it right, and while reality might have someone dropping their rifle and shooting their pistol with one hand without using the safeties, there's no way to implement that "heat of the moment" exchange because EVERYONE would milk that shit so they didn't have to deal with longer animations. 

Much like PR, the animations are slow to slow down gameplay that would otherwise be much too fast. Everything else about this game is currently set to hyper speed mode because there are no vehicles and few fortifications, but this function helps tone down the absurd speed of the game. It creates tense situations in close quarters and rewards those who conserve/count their bullets so they don't have to switch weapons or reload in the middle of a close range firefight.

9 hours ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

ArmA also doesn't have the ability to create water at varying altitudes, the ability to implement shotgun physics, the ability to put your weapon on safe at all, or the ability to build fortifications at all; does that mean that ArmA is now a shit game? Who gives a shit if ArmA doesn't have it?

5 hours ago, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

Fun fact: King of the Hill is a casual shitbaby game mode and if you play it then it is you who's argument is invalid. KotH is barely a step up from Altis Life in my opinion, and is good for nothing more than reducing ArmA to casual fun. It plays like shit and destroys core tenants of the game. 

23 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Much like PR, the animations are slow to slow down gameplay that would otherwise be much too fast. Everything else about this game is currently set to hyper speed mode because there are no vehicles and few fortifications, but this function helps tone down the absurd speed of the game. It creates tense situations in close quarters and rewards those who conserve/count their bullets so they don't have to switch weapons or reload in the middle of a close range firefight.

This right here mate.

It adds an extra layer of tactical decision if you can't exchange mags within fractions of a second. Let's say your mag is running low while covering an opening / a door and the enemy is still active. By using slow reloads the game forces you to do one of the following:

1. Ask a fellow squadmate to take over for you until you're finished   -> Player Interaction. The one thing that defines the game.

2. Conserve what you have left. Shoot less frequently, aim better.

3. Fire a few bullets to confuse the enemy and then reload. He could be thinking: "Well, he's just pretending to empty his weapon, I'm not gonna fall for that and move through that door" and most people I know, including myself, would stay conservative and/or look to find an alternative way of killing or at least flanking you.

4. Chance it.

You should always put your weapon on safety even if you're getting shot at. It's something that you're taught in the military and it will be in your muscle memory

48 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Ever heard of the old saying "slow is smooth, smooth is fast"? The idea behind the term is that when you speed up, you fuck up. Great example: back before I started enjoying pistol shooting, I used to watch videos of people draw a pistol and think "man, that shit's retarded, why is that a three step process?", but now that I've gotten more familiar with handguns, I recognize that the three steps of drawing, raising, and pointing a pistol is simply because it naturally aligns the sights and helps you to remember all the necessary functions, such as switching off the safety.

The animations that are in game and will be in game are meant to mimic real life, which is why the AK reload has the right hand racking the charging handle rather than the left hand: this is how it's taught in Slavic countries, as compared to US training courses. Drawing a weapon, reloading a weapon, and firing a weapon accurate will always be a rather slow process. It takes time to do all these things and do it right, and while reality might have someone dropping their rifle and shooting their pistol with one hand without using the safeties, there's no way to implement that "heat of the moment" exchange because EVERYONE would milk that shit so they didn't have to deal with longer animations. 

the thing is i am not talking about speed things up, i am just talking about how the animations have no hustle like the character is on a firing range chilling up like there is no firefight going on, red orquestra (again) even its a bit faster than squad the character seems to reload taking shit seriously and dont fuck around looking at the gun.

ArmA also doesn't have the ability to create water at varying altitudes, the ability to implement shotgun physics, the ability to put your weapon on safe at all, or the ability to build fortifications at all; does that mean that ArmA is now a shit game? Who gives a shit if ArmA doesn't have it?

you can get those thing with mods i tink but any way the reason why i compare that is because he made a argue about "muh if we dont have that its call of duty" arma is not a shit game(but is very frustrating by many other factores) its also the same shit given by people here that say this is call of duty if we dont have that, i dont know why but to many people give a shit for cod for some reason like never played other games.

Fun fact: King of the Hill is a casual shitbaby game mode and if you play it then it is you who's argument is invalid. KotH is barely a step up from Altis Life in my opinion, and is good for nothing more than reducing ArmA to casual fun. It plays like shit and destroys core tenants of the game. 

thats what you get when you make a game that does not have a set up and ready game mode for pvp and a community that only care about coop and close events, i play it because its the only that have players all the time and i dont need to compromise my self into other community's, its just a "plug and play" and is also less of a bug hell like tactical battlefield. if you have invalidate that its because you did not played it enough to understand that.

Edited by Roque_THE_GAMER

I understand what Roque is saying. IRL any one of us would obviously be moving as fast as we possibly could in tight situations and then slow it down for less action. With Squad though it's just a fine balance. Game play will always trump realism in Squad. If you know how long it takes to switch/draw weapons, you tend to keep yourself out of sticky situations more...  

1 hour ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

I understand what Roque is saying. IRL any one of us would obviously be moving as fast as we possibly could in tight situations and then slow it down for less action. With Squad though it's just a fine balance. Game play will always trump realism in Squad. If you know how long it takes to switch/draw weapons, you tend to keep yourself out of sticky situations more...  

That I can wholeheartedly agree with.

@Roque_THE_GAMER I didn't say it will become Call of Duty or Battlefield, I said it would be closer to the pace of them.

If you honestly can't pick up on the different gameplay elements and features that make up the overall gameplay flow of all those games then I have no more to say. You haven't been constructive at all, it just seems like you got clapped a few times while reloading, switching weapons or doing a weapon animation and you got frustrated.

Be constructive, please.

20 minutes ago, Assifuah said:

That I can wholeheartedly agree with.

@Roque_THE_GAMER I didn't say it will become Call of Duty or Battlefield, I said it would be closer to the pace of them.

If you honestly can't pick up on the different gameplay elements and features that make up the overall gameplay flow of all those games then I have no more to say. You haven't been constructive at all, it just seems like you got clapped a few times while reloading, switching weapons or doing a weapon animation and you got frustrated.

Be constructive, please.

i actually never got in those situations because the only kit i use that needs a pistol is the medic and those situations never happen because as a medic i always play behind the squad, even playing as a AR i dont need it because i have 100 bullets do deal with and i never play as a squad leader. 

i am point it because i notice those things even on a fire fight and as i said and people here keep pounding it on me i dont wanna the reloads or maybe the draw times to be lowered, they just need to make sense and have a logical reason for it.

you guys fail streak in judge me keep going high. 

Just now, Roque_THE_GAMER said:

i actually never got in those situations because the only kit i use that needs a pistol is the medic and those situations never happen because as a medic i always play behind the squad, even playing as a AR i dont need it because i have 100 bullets do deal with and i never play as a squad leader. 

i am point it because i notice those things even on a fire fight and as i said and people here keep pounding it on me i dont wanna the reloads or maybe the draw times to be lowered, they just need to make sense and have a logical reason for it.

you guys fail streak in judge me keep going high. 

Lol, but that's how you operate a weapon, is it not? What's next, removing the animations for popping up the sights on the M72 / RPG because it's unnecessary since you can just eyeball it from the shoulder?

You're literally making the same point over and over again with no reason or substance. There's a full development team, some of which have shooting and / or combat experience, so clearly there's sense and logic behind the design decisions they make. Your argument has no sense or logic though, it's just "remove this because I think it makes no sense". No evidence or citations or even suggestions from you, just "remove this cause I don't like".