Lenroc

Rant of the month!

<rant> Instead of complaining about my medic skills you better tell me to let go of the kit so you can show me how it is done. </rant>

There's a difference between documenting yourself on how to be a good medic and practicing to be a good medic. Good medics don't just become good medics straight away. You've got to give people a chance at getting better, through practice.

As he said, complaining isn't the right solution. Giving tips or helping them out is best at helping people up.

Since the vast majority of people don't want to play medics because they want scopes and fun kits instead, I think it's hardly their business to tell the actual medics how to do their job.

*drop mic*

LoL Guys I was jesting. I'm decent medic, a bit better then average (or so I like to think) but you are never good enough for people that die in the open are covered by enemy fire and want to be revived in 10 seconds flat (Medic 4sec break MEDic 3sec break MEDIC 1sec breakMEDIC , THE FING MEDIC SUCKS)!!! As long as you get shot while trying to get them up they'll be happy I mean that's why you are there so they can enjoy the game ;).

Disclaimer, still ranting don't pay attention to me, disgruntled medics should suck it up and stop bitchin'!

I wonder how people can be bad medics at all. I mean, the system is so fucking simple, my 3 year old niece would master it.

The only reason might be with selfish people or guys who have no situational awereness at all.

I pretty much play only as a medic. As soon as the round starts and the SL has issued his orders I'll tell the whole squad that calling out "medic" repeatedly will get them nowhere, saying "I need a medic" without giving a bearing in relation to the correct medic will get them nowhere, running into an open field and getting shot then expecting one of the medics to try and earn the VC will get them nowhere and expecting an immediate revive in the middle of a heavy fire fight will get them nowhere.

Edit - Add to that: Saying "enemy on my body" without saying where your damn body is in relation to whoever the hell you're talking to doesn't get you or the squad anywhere.

Works for me. They soon learn!

1 hour ago, Skymo said:

I wonder how people can be bad medics at all. I mean, the system is so fucking simple, my 3 year old niece would master it.

The only reason might be with selfish people or guys who have no situational awereness at all.

I think situational awareness is the main problem for a lot of guys if you want to call it that. It's getting caught in the moment of 'I'm a medic so I must heal and save EVERYONE' and running out into suicidal places while holding your bandages out. I think on top of good points from @Melbothere a good medic needs to be able to say no. If someone is calling out for a pickup and he's in a horrid spot, say no. It's not worth taking a massive risk for one guy in most cases. It's a lot more vital for the medic to stay alive with the main group. And on the same topic of staying alive, the medics have guns too. Sometimes they forget it in the heat of healing frenzy. Sometimes you forget that the pile of dead friendlies is caused by something. Usually an enemy. And if you're not sure that the enemy is down, there is no point in going to the pile to pick them up before the enemy is down. Or you'll just be another guy in the pile.

E: Local chat. A medic's main tool. Keeps buddies from respawning and keeps you posted on if it's secure to pick someone up

Edited by SgtHerhi

2 hours ago, Melbo said:

I pretty much play only as a medic. As soon as the round starts and the SL has issued his orders I'll tell the whole squad that calling out "medic" repeatedly will get them nowhere, saying "I need a medic" without giving a bearing in relation to the correct medic will get them nowhere, running into an open field and getting shot then expecting one of the medics to try and earn the VC will get them nowhere and expecting an immediate revive in the middle of a heavy fire fight will get them nowhere.

Edit - Add to that: Saying "enemy on my body" without saying where your damn body is in relation to whoever the hell you're talking to doesn't get you or the squad anywhere.

Works for me. They soon learn!

You just described my regular gameplay :D

Yesterday I was playing PR as a medic, because nobody wanted take the kit. A was called autist, claimed for not doing my job and so on... I was on first place in the whole team for reviving all those angry guys.

So, if you are insulting the medic, you will be the last guy to revive :D 

1 hour ago, MadMak said:

You just described my regular gameplay :D

Yesterday I was playing PR as a medic, because nobody wanted take the kit. A was called autist, claimed for not doing my job and so on... I was on first place in the whole team for reviving all those angry guys.

So, if you are insulting the medic, you will be the last guy to revive :D 

i admire you sir :) pfff lend me some of your patience :D 

I can't medic for shit... lulz.

Nuff luv for all the medics out there.

There is an argument that medics are more important than Squad Leaders on public servers at this stage of development.

One squad leader can lead a team to death.  One medic can revive a team to victory.

LOOK AFTER YOUR MEDICS (they will look after you).

I always have to be the nice guy in the squad to pick the medic kit but over time I've gotten kind of used to the kit. It's not the lack of optics that annoy me, it's the lack of grenades. I have been in too many situations where a grenade would be the best thing ever but I only have freaking smokes.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

Being a medic is hard no dought. My biggest annoyance is when people just say... 'I'm down'... Well I ain't got time to look for you you on the map so tell me where you are! And people who give up while being revived, especially when you've fought your way over to them under fire.

Edited by Ziggy

I gotta say my biggest annoyance with the class is when SL orders people to pick up the medic class, and the two fools run around not picking anybody up at all, the whole damn match.

5 hours ago, Melbo said:

saying "I need a medic" without giving a bearing in relation to the correct medic will get them nowhere

This is so frustrating as a medic on pub games! And when you ask people nicely to help guide you they say just check the map. Yes I will just stop and open spawn screen and move mouse around to locate your name, loosing seconds that I could use to get more people up, because you cant bother despite being dead.

While I'm ranting I gotta add that its also frustrating to see medics ignoring their own squads casualties and reviving friendly squads that still have medics up. Sure its not easy to spot squad members on map when dead (hope they fix that in UI), but you usually have some awareness of where your squad is located. :)

much worse if ppl giving up AFTER you bandage them while telling that you are there and they should not give up and the GIVE THE FUCK UP.

I totally hate these kind of players. They just wasted a ticket and a chance to heal someone else AND possibly put the medic in danger.

A good medic is someone not interested in killing people or taking objectives or defending.

When you run past someone to revive a SL or another medic and they get all salty about it. Or heck when you're trying to stay alive but they don't realise so you have to keep telling them you're busy. It's a thankless job a lot of the time but in the end they'll be thankful someone went medic.

6 hours ago, UnderFire said:

A good medic is someone not interested in killing people or taking objectives or defending.

I strongly disagree. There are moments where giving up a few tickets is a viable strategy to get on a point or to wipe an enemy squad. A medic is also a rifleman and part of the squad so they also need to play the objectives,  I think good medics also tend to help clear an area before reviving.

10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

And people who give up while being revived, especially when you've fought your way over to them under fire.

YEAH this curls my nerves too. I mean to give up you have to open the spawn window that has a map on it, how come you don't spot the little red cross riding your triangle. I had people giving up after I told them in local I'm on to them (not many though).

To be honest most players appreciate medics and the community is pretty good it's just that the few assholes around can suck the enjoyment out of it for a short while.

Edited by Lenroc

On 6/6/2016 at 11:13 PM, Skymo said:

I wonder how people can be bad medics at all.

On 6/7/2016 at 0:59 AM, SgtHerhi said:

I think situational awareness is the main problem for a lot of guys if you want to call it that. It's getting caught in the moment of 'I'm a medic so I must heal and save EVERYONE' and running out into suicidal places while holding your bandages out. I think on top of good points from @Melbothere a good medic needs to be able to say no. If someone is calling out for a pickup and he's in a horrid spot, say no. It's not worth taking a massive risk for one guy in most cases. It's a lot more vital for the medic to stay alive with the main group. And on the same topic of staying alive, the medics have guns too. Sometimes they forget it in the heat of healing frenzy. Sometimes you forget that the pile of dead friendlies is caused by something. Usually an enemy. And if you're not sure that the enemy is down, there is no point in going to the pile to pick them up before the enemy is down. Or you'll just be another guy in the pile.

SgtHerhi nailed it. I tend to play medic a lot, but I am definitely not the best, in fact I think I have a long way to go. But I need the practice and the reason why I'm falling so often is because of the frenzy to save people, especially when people start chanting MEEEEEDIIIIC on the comms, and it tends to stress us out.

But no one else wants to be a medic either, and when I fall I have to shamefully announce that your only source of revives are out and that you have to spend tickets. :'(

Which is why at the start of the round I usually ask people to take up the 2nd slot in case when shit hits the fan there is still one guy we can count on. But few people would give up their nades and scopes to do that.

There have been a million threads about people being shitty to medics, but i've very seldom experienced the assholes that hassle medics while i'm playing as one. About the only thing is when medics aren't with the section, or if they don't have mics.

I suspect that good communication probably goes a long way in this regard.