Are there any plans to implement more detail into things like the interiors of buildings, settlements and military compounds? If not, these are my suggestions. Things like furniture and clutter in buildings, clutter and cars in the streets, assorted equipment and ordinance sitting around, or even potential dynamic spawns (Random IEDs)? I believe some of these things existed in PR but not on the scale that I speak of. I mean making the settlements and towns seem lived in. I understand the primary focus is on gameplay, mechanics, and teamwork, but I believe immersion is the thing that really makes or breaks a game these days. 

Are there any plans to implement more detail into things like the interiors of buildings, settlements and military compounds? If not, these are my suggestions. Things like furniture and clutter in buildings, clutter and cars in the streets, assorted equipment and ordinance sitting around, or even potential dynamic spawns (Random IEDs)? I believe some of these things existed in PR but not on the scale that I speak of. I mean making the cities seem lived in. I understand the primary focus is on gameplay, mechanics, and teamwork, but I believe immersion is the thing that really makes or breaks a game these days. 

One of the recent updates shows some interior decorations http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=28

g9i8ljm.jpg

Are there any plans to implement more detail into things like the interiors of buildings, settlements and military compounds? If not, these are my suggestions. Things like furniture and clutter in buildings, clutter and cars in the streets, assorted equipment and ordinance sitting around, or even potential dynamic spawns (Random IEDs)? I believe some of these things existed in PR but not on the scale that I speak of. I mean making the settlements and towns seem lived in. I understand the primary focus is on gameplay, mechanics, and teamwork, but I believe immersion is the thing that really makes or breaks a game these days. 

It's definitely possible, it's just performance that would take a hit. The devs have stated that they want Squad to be able to run on most systems, so I guess we'll see.

Honestly, the level of detail in the above screenshot is more than I expected, so if that was in most buildings, I wouldn't complain.

The random IED's would be an interesting mechanic, but it would also make the battle rather RNG-based, rather than legitimate teamwork-oriented teams coming out on top.

Remember guys, this is pre-alpha. The devs will add this stuff and so much more as time goes on. Everything you see now is early stage stuff.

It's definitely possible, it's just performance that would take a hit. The devs have stated that they want Squad to be able to run on most systems, so I guess we'll see.

Honestly, the level of detail in the above screenshot is more than I expected, so if that was in most buildings, I wouldn't complain.

The random IED's would be an interesting mechanic, but it would also make the battle rather RNG-based, rather than legitimate teamwork-oriented teams coming out on top.Buil

The original idea could be balanced if implemented and tweaked properly. Have 3-6 random medium sized IEDs placed on roadsides and in towns, which may OR may not detonate when a player or vehicle enters it's radius or trips its wire. Just like in real life, some or even all of these IED's could be duds. I used to do things like this in custom Arma missions where I would place random IED's around a map and set triggers with a 50% activation probability. So in addition to the IED's even spawning being random, the chance of it detonating would be as well. Though this could make gameplay RNG based, war is random and unexpected, especially in the case of asymmetric warfare. Keep in mind this would obviously not be implemented where there are two full size forces fighting. It also could be argued that a team that is observant and teamwork oriented could detect the IEDs without wandering into them. This could almost be an incentive towards teamwork to punish lone wolves, as a lone wolf would be much more likely to wander into a random IED without someone watching his or her back. It would also make vehicular combat and helicopter usage more strategic, possibly even adding a necessity and a valid use for MRAPs.

Building more on the concept: Does anybody like the idea of adding IED objectives to the insurgency gamemode? In addition to the weapon caches, you would have to find and deal with IED's. These IEDs would be pre-placed around the map and much like the weapon caches would need to be disposed of. The difference would be having to make sure you don't trip it when dealing with it. Could keep players more on their toes. 

I understand this is Pre Alpha, but it won't be forever. It's important to get these types of ideas out early in development, because after a certain point it won't be viable to suggest large scale gameplay mechanics once core gameplay is established.

^ In the games setting, imo I don't think that would work out too well.

Real life, they would initiate an ambush by ied or explosion whereas in game the opfor would just be raining fire down at the route clearance team so therefore they won't even be given a chance to do any route clearance and instead be focusing on  shooting back. Or, if they did find an IED, they would have to cordon the area which I doubt anyone would do. Leaving them exposed to enemy fire.

IDK, I like some parts of it but again just imo I don't think it would work to well.

I've always been interested in the use of IEDs in game and would like to see pressure plate IEDs implemented.

I've always been interested in the use of IEDs in game and would like to see pressure plate IEDs implemented.

PR has some IEDs that work just like pressure plate explosives. Id be surprised if they didnt show up in Squad.

The lead map designer stated in several interviews how he treats his projects that:

"My goal is to make the player stop shooting or focusing on the battle even for a moment and just gawk at the surroundings. That's when I consider my job being complete."

PR has some IEDs that work just like pressure plate explosives. Id be surprised if they didnt show up in Squad.

I would be too...wait, I work on the project. *runs to editor to make IEDs*

Yeah, they will be in soon enough. US Army just got HMMWVs, Insurgents won't stand for this! ;)

*runs to editor to make IEDs*

Wait..hold on.. I'm calling the CIA

I would like an option to duck-tape an IED to my mo-ped which plays middle eastern music