Hunter_Sh0tz

Will There be Animations for Opening Doors, etc?

Title. But yes, this is talking about the future. I am perfectly fine with no door opening animations when openable doors are first released, but in the end end, will there animations to opening them?

Escape from Tarkov-style door opening animations would be awesome, and you give real benefit to breaching. Door opening animations, if they were to be implemented, could be taken a step further and given to vehicles. It'd be nice to have gear shift animations as well.

Edited by Aniallator

tbh i don't think there needs to be any sure it be nice but its more iceing on the cake. ;) also for gampelay reaosns id argue the animation would slow you down this might be a good thing make breacher more vunreble (unless they have as shotgun/use expsolives) there are the obvious 2 ways to think about that however if they devs arent' gonnna do it none of that matters. hell id love to see fully animated vehicle interiors (ala Ro2 was suppose to have not a dead end feature) opening doors of every kind. with options on how to open the door based on holding or clicking/tapping. but those things alas are iceing on the cake somthing that takes up development time they could be spending adding arguably more important and time effective features. :D

much like when you renovate your house you want to spend as little money as possible on things that don't largely effect resale value. features people can't see or value are things people don't take into account. 

Edited by WiFiDi

Getting into vehicle animations won't be there so why have door opening animations? 

To throw my hat in the ring, I'm a diehard member of the camp that believes the devil is in the details. I would argue that part of what makes Squad such a great game is the attention to detail. It's not just gameplay, much of the draw of the game is also the presentation. How the gas from the rifles kicks up dust when you fire, the way the sound from explosions takes a while to reach you when far away, the sound design for all of the weapons and vehicles, the detailed reload animations. All of these little details add up to an experience greater than the sum of its parts.

Having animations for entering and exiting vehicles would add to that, but I think more importantly not having them detracts from it.

4 ways to open doors

• Use key one tap, turns the door handle to check if it is locked, silent. ADS is disrupted briefly. Release the handle by releasing the Use key and push your way through the door by walking into it moves away as a physics object. Can be done while ADS.
  • Use key, press and hold opens the door fast until it hits another object- a bit more noisy, required if door opens toward you. ADS is disrupted briefly.
  • Melee, Kicks the door open if hit from the correct side - very noisy. ADS remains but accuracy is disrupted briefly.
  • Explosive/heavy fire damages majority of the door so it can be passed by either crouch or jump.

Add some rare and random squeaks to hinges and lots of fun can be had.

Blocking doors with sandbags etc would be quite cool.

Edited by suds

I think if they ever changed their minds and decided to do this, it would be at the very end of the pipeline.. or I should say at the very top of the pipeline.