So im just gonna go on a rant and im sure ill be cut down at the knees by all the people that wanna get in bed with the admins. Yes I know this is an alpha....completely understand. But you are charging 40 bucks for an alpha when most full COMPLETE games cost 60 at most. You guys keep putting out updates and the game keeps getting worse. You guys have changed the bullet drop on rockets and 203s several times now, make up your mind. First it was alot of bullet drop, then it was hardly any, then it was alot again, now its back to hardly any. The rockets impact 50m left of where ever you aim every time. 203s... they just randomly explode 10 feet in front of you. Mic bugs. Get revived and can't change weapon for like 5 mins. Lay down some times and can't stand back up. Reload the rocket, go to fire....click...oh I have to reload again even though i just did. NOW let me tell you im a huge squad fan and i love the community. Coming from a combat veteran of multiple deployments as an infantryman...the sounds... bravo, on point 100%. Its just very disappointing as a fan to see several updates later and seems to be getting worse. Like I said I'm sure someone who didn't read my whole point will instant comment about how i paid the money and its an alpha blah blah blah. So with all that being said I love squad it just...fuck the vehicles, just make the game run for now.

Edited by garnDOG

I28qjIO.gif

P.S: Seriously I read so many of these posts on a daily basis I gave up trying to reason with people. Come back in 1 year.

Edited by NanoAgeWarrior

same for me ! i really like the game and love to play it !

fuck vehicles just fix the performance n shit ! cant play with 40fps man

1 - Pricing

Why buy it then? They needed funding, they got funding. 200,000+ people have bought into Squad, so clearly pricing isn't an issue. Completely irrelevant harping about something that has been discussed and cleared up by the developers themselves. You made the choice to pay.

2 - Game Changes

Making up your mind? Well, clearly they're getting there. You're playing a game that's in active development, I'm not sure if you don't understand what that means but basically - it will change until it's v1.0. Iterations are what makes games good.

3 - Bugs

Do I even need to address this? Active development. Don't say that replying with "it's an alpha" isn't valid either, lol. It's the only thing that's relevant, if you want to play a completed game that doesn't undergo drastic changes and has minimal bugs come back when Squad is at version 1.0.

4 - Getting Worse

I don't know what game you're playing but Squad has come a long way since there were no collisions on rocks and the days of CPA where we had to, yes, wait for servers to be up during the weekend. Days where the only thing we could pretty much do is run around in very barren environments and just shoot each other. If the game is getting worse, take a break and come back after an update or two. It has to get worse to get better, fact. You don't make a perfect game without making mistakes or trying out different things, even though OWI hasn't really made any mistakes so far.

Honestly, there is no constructive feedback or anything helpful, just a baseless rant with no point. I get it, you're frustrated with bugs.

Starting a rant with "Yes I know this is an alpha....completely understand" doesn't mean you're exempt from being opposed. To me, it seems like you really don't understand it since you just went on to rant about everything relative to the ongoing development of every game to be pushed out pre 1.0, indie or AAA. 

To be a little more serious... try to at least give proper feedback. The devs are well aware of bugs. Just take a break mate, it's not a negative thing to do. :)

You might be a veteran and should get any possible respect for that but you seem to have no idea what programming looks like. Its part of the process that things change several times (such as bullet/rocket drop), that things stop working correctly after an update and so on. The steamsite clearly says that its a risk buying an early access title.

Ofc its part of the development to point out bugs to the devs. but that should be done in a constructive way and not by opening a thread called "soooo" that just throws bugs (that everyone knows of) and charges at the devs.

so point out the bugs in a constructive way and wait for them to be fixed or file a refund on steam and maybe buy the game again when its fixed.

ps: i noticed the rpgs fly to the left for no reason as well. but since there a no vehicles yet i dont care too much.

best regards revo 

$40.........   ...   .. .    .  . . . . . . . . . . .     10 x 4 for $4's from Wendys, 10 gallons of milk, 20 gallons of gas, 3 IMAX movies, 1 nice dinner with the lady.  I've gotten 150 hrs of fun out of the game so far, and all that comes with it.  Irontaxi has a board of priorities with "100 players" and "Vehicles" at the top.  Were it me and if I favored moving "optimization" to the top of that list, I'd write my post a little differently.  Less rant, more problem/solution/long term impacts/etc, remove any hint of desperation.  I'm sure you're just venting over something, though.

The game is as fun now as it's ever been.  It's really cool to tell the squad to get their shovels out to come build a 50, and the game sorely needed something like it.

i guess just forget i said anything because I know alot of people are think exactly what I said...but arent going to say it. I know Im not the only one that is have issues all the time with squad.... for like the last 3 months

Edited by garnDOG

2 minutes ago, garnDOG said:

i guess just forgot i said anything because I know alot of people are think exactly what I said...but arent going to say it. I know Im not the only one that is have issues all the time with squad.... for like the last 3 months

Make an apples to apples comparison and you might find more than a small contingent.  Venting is fine, ranting about the game state is misplaced in my opinion.

Does it really feel that bad for you garnDOG? I mean I played the game the last two weeks even more then before and I like it more and more. For me, it feels like the dev really changed thinks for the better. I agree, there are bugs, but it does not feel (at least for me) that they are not adressing the issues. I guess you have, like the others said, three options. You either quit the game which would be sad, you play like it is in the current state and except it or you wait a little longer till they made improvements you like.

yeah there are some bugs and yes it got worse with v6... but on the other hand i had about 370 hours of mostly fun games - and on average i played the latest full price games i bought less than 50 hours. so it surely was a good deal for me. i mean thats like 8 cent an hour ;)

It was just a rough night. Played for a few hours and had crappy squad after squad. Either SL doesn't have a mic, don't speak English or just aren't even attempting to play as a team. Then getting smoked from across the map cause half their team has optics and I can't see more then 100m in front of my. Finally run up on like 5 guys without being seen go to put a 203 right in the center of them but it exploded mid air 10 feet in front of me, killing me and 2 team mates. Spend 10 mins running back up with a RPG and go to hit a few guys running but all my RPGs go way to the left and there was a bunch of other little things too. All this happened like back to back so it made me even more heated. As for the sounds...I thought the sounds before the update were more realistic. /rant over but overall I still love the game and have hundreds of hours logged in but just frustrated that's all

Whats the problem ? 

Just you nothing else. (Its not "hatter" answer). 

Its philosophical. You are overplayed. Just take a rest. turn Squad off for a while. Make some women happy or if you have kids spent time with them or if you are still at school just spent some time with parents or bro/sis. Enjoy summer and after 2 - 6 month come back. I had it same. But now after 2 months I came back. And played several games. Everything was amazing. Much better. Team worked. Squad worked. People played properly. 

Its classic. Its univers law. Dont push to much at saw. 

After rest you will have again "luck" to squad leaders, servers, team cooperation, everything what you love at a game. Simply you will be "restarted" and ready to continue. 

Team games like this will always be very up and down as your fun depends on others.... Good rounds will be very good, killing the enemy whilst having a laugh with fun guys chatting.  Bad can be soo bad some non communicating group of egotistic non teamplaying mutes makes you want to uninstall....

Only way to get a more reliable time is to get friends or join a clan but I never like to not play with pubbies.

@garnDOG Mate I understand your frustration. On some days nothing really comes together and you want to rant about anything. Since you love the game, I guess there is no point in debating it any longer is there? I think everyone in this thread appricates the game and hopefully we will appricate it even more in the future. Hope to see you soon on the battlefield, then we can have a real tactical game!

16 hours ago, Assifuah said:

1 - Pricing

Why buy it then? They needed funding, they got funding. 200,000+ people have bought into Squad, so clearly pricing isn't an issue. Completely irrelevant harping about something that has been discussed and cleared up by the developers themselves. You made the choice to pay.

2 - Game Changes

Making up your mind? Well, clearly they're getting there. You're playing a game that's in active development, I'm not sure if you don't understand what that means but basically - it will change until it's v1.0. Iterations are what makes games good.

3 - Bugs

Do I even need to address this? Active development. Don't say that replying with "it's an alpha" isn't valid either, lol. It's the only thing that's relevant, if you want to play a completed game that doesn't undergo drastic changes and has minimal bugs come back when Squad is at version 1.0.

4 - Getting Worse

I don't know what game you're playing but Squad has come a long way since there were no collisions on rocks and the days of CPA where we had to, yes, wait for servers to be up during the weekend. Days where the only thing we could pretty much do is run around in very barren environments and just shoot each other. If the game is getting worse, take a break and come back after an update or two. It has to get worse to get better, fact. You don't make a perfect game without making mistakes or trying out different things, even though OWI hasn't really made any mistakes so far.

Honestly, there is no constructive feedback or anything helpful, just a baseless rant with no point. I get it, you're frustrated with bugs.

Starting a rant with "Yes I know this is an alpha....completely understand" doesn't mean you're exempt from being opposed. To me, it seems like you really don't understand it since you just went on to rant about everything relative to the ongoing development of every game to be pushed out pre 1.0, indie or AAA. 

To be a little more serious... try to at least give proper feedback. The devs are well aware of bugs. Just take a break mate, it's not a negative thing to do. :)

"all the people that wanna get in bed with the admins". Taken from garnDog's rant.

Just now, shawn7186 said:

"all the people that wanna get in bed with the admins". Taken from garnDog's rant.

That's the type of thing you put at the start of your rant to try to cover your back when you're expecting people who know what they're talking about or people that will tell you the truth.

"all the people that wanna get in bed with the admins"

translates to:

Anyone that says this game is great or sticks up for it is kissing arses.

Anyway, he just had a few bad games and lost his cool. That's all.. go instigate elsewhere. :D

16 hours ago, Prod. said:

same for me ! i really like the game and love to play it !

fuck vehicles just fix the performance n shit ! cant play with 40fps man

lol

17 hours ago, Prod. said:

cant play with 40fps man

Really man? 

I didn't pick this up on my first read, then I saw it...

Dude, my rig is pretty shit, everything is on low, and I'm happy when I get 40 fps! I play every night and I really don't mind 30 fps, which is perfectly playable for me. 

40 fps is godlike for me!

38 minutes ago, General-Yeargan said:

PR went through (years) of changes and optimizations.

xShB_5.gif

4 hours ago, Assifuah said:

That's all.. go instigate elsewhere. :D

That's the type of thing you put at the end of your statement to try to cover your back when you're expecting people who know what they're talking about or people that told you the truth.

2 minutes ago, shawn7186 said:

That's the type of thing you put at the end of your statement to try to cover your back when you're expecting people who know what they're talking about or people that told you the truth.

Truth about what, saying the progress of development for a game is getting worse because of a few bad rounds?

I call it as I see it, I don't need to cover my back. Not sure if you noticed but my post was purely based on factual information, not opinion.

Settle down, really. I would at least expect an informed discussion instead of poor attempts at retorts.