Mitsu

Project Reality: Arma 3 Development Update (June 2016)

Are they gonna add new vehicles and player models because for me its just arma3 with a new multiplayer mission?

Would be great if they did a full conversion in WWII style like iron front did in arma3.

Maybe i play to much arma :P

1 hour ago, M.I.K.E. said:

Are they gonna add new vehicles and player models because for me its just arma3 with a new multiplayer mission?

Would be great if they did a full conversion in WWII style like iron front did in arma3.

Maybe i play to much arma :P

It's a modular framework that allows any faction mod to be implemented. Iront Front: A3 has already shown interest, same with CUP and RHS. So custom PRA3 versions will come

This looks promising I must say, will surely make me reiinstall Arma 3 when it is performing god (from the fps and server stability is what I mean.... because its Arma)

We got a 200% performance boost from the initial prototype. We even got one programmer dedicated to performance. Also the mod runs in an unscheduled environment meaning more things can be processed in less time. We expect 40 players today which should give us a good benchmark. Also we have indicators that show if the client or server are dropping to a non-playable fps. Currently I'm running with around 90 fps alone on the server with all the background processes running.

As soon as there are more then 60 players in a arma3 multiplayer server performance will drop, same as in squad.

Arma3 PVP "warfare" mission servers are giving me the best performance. (search on warfare in serverlist)

I hope i can play PR arma3 one day, i thought the project was dead.

1 hour ago, M.I.K.E. said:

As soon as there are more then 60 players in a arma3 multiplayer server performance will drop, same as in squad.

Arma3 PVP "warfare" mission servers are giving me the best performance. (search on warfare in serverlist)

I hope i can play PR arma3 one day, i thought the project was dead.

Technically there is no moment when the server performance is dropping. It increasingly gets worse if the mission is not optimized. The playtest yesterday gave most of the players 60+ fps with 30 players fighting really close to each other.

I played warfare, BeCTI to be exact, and it's great but the performance even at base with nobody around is not optimal on my hardware. Maybe there are new versions I haven't seen yet that run better.

PRA3's original team released the code as open-source and we picked it up, though we developed the mod from scratch.

Nice, will be good to play on something different to EUTW.

I am really interested in how far you guys manage to take this. Have been looking into ArmA for a while now, but everything points to wither pvp with zero teamwork, or pve with milsim units. If you guys pull this off, I'm definitely buying the game! Keep us posted on those logistics and fob systems!

On 5.6.2016 at 10:44 PM, Melbo said:

Nice, will be good to play on something different to EUTW.

Played on it the other day, had a blast! Even full server!

I've been monitoring the development of this PR Arma 3 for a long time and I can't wait for it. 

After it is done, please make it happen with RHS! 

On 6/5/2016 at 4:36 PM, invisible.nin/SINE said:

I didn't expect anyone to keep the A3 Mod updated, that's... fucking rad, GIMMIE MORE!

It's actually a totally new framework. A few of the original TacBF guys are working on something new as well. I am hopeful that we will all get to play some quality Arma 3 in our lifetime.

7 hours ago, Grey said:

It's actually a totally new framework. A few of the original TacBF guys are working on something new as well. I am hopeful that we will all get to play some quality Arma 3 in our lifetime.

Yeah it has been developed from scratch. We're in contact with some of the TacBF guys and without spoiling anything it seems that there's even more to come in the sense that their future development might be based off ours.

Yeah many PRA3 mods will come, just a matter of time. Can't wait for CUP or RHS in PRA3 :P

53 minutes ago, Mitsu said:

Yeah many PRA3 mods will come, just a matter of time. Can't wait for CUP or RHS in PRA3 :P

Once I get in my chinook I'll be like a pig in shit.

5 hours ago, Melbo said:

Once I get in my chinook I'll be like a pig in shit.

Me too, give me a helo and make me happy.

On 2.7.2016 at 7:28 AM, M.I.K.E. said:

Please release it to the public so we can use it on the new tanoa map/update :)

It is public but it's not done yet. We have a Tanoa version in the works