Storm.C

FoB's have been ruined with V6 Update

No tire walls, forced gaps between building sandbags and hescas/walls, and barbed wire that is virtually useless....
FoB's were not over powered. Especially playing as insurgency, isn't that the point to use rag tag items (tire walls, trash, barbed wires) to defend against the enemy forces?

There is now no point in putting up a FoB other than a spawn point  (Edit: Except for an ammo crate, maybe a 50. The rest is pointless) There might as well be nothing else in the building system. I enjoyed making FoB's and defending them against rockets and grenades. I also loved attacking dug in positions and that satisfying feeling after you've finally taken one out. Build points have been nerfed to a factor of -5x. A large portion of the game has been destroyed with V6 update....

=7Cav=SPC.Storm.C

Edited by Storm.C

3 minutes ago, Storm.C said:

There is now no point in putting up a FoB other than a spawn point.

Agreed, I think most veterans do not care for any emplacements, save for an ammo box. The new 50 included. The fob system is currently feels gimmicky.

It honestly brought in a feeling of realism, and uniqueness from other games. The update kind of hurt how I feel about the game.

You guys probably don't want to hear this, but since the game's still in alpha things are bound to change...and change back

Just as Smoky said - it's the ebb and flow of the development process. Things should return back to 'normal' at some point when they iron out all of the kinks etc. IMO, deployables will become more robust and balanced as the game grows - it's one of the major selling points that sets Squad apart from other FPS shooters.

FOBs are doing fine. It's just your lego blocks that have been affected. You shouldn't waste time on them, anyway.

Its not lego blocks. It's a significant part of the game that made it more than just a run and gun.

=7Cav=SPC.Storm.C

Edited by Storm.C

Changes will come. They'll probably make sandbags cheaper in the future. There were two objectives of the point income reduction: 1) Model how slow points will come in to a FOB once logistics are a thing. 2) Reduce the amount of gimmicky super-fobbing and spamming of deployables, making you think before you start throwing down dozens of sandbags and ladders.

I agree that the point ratios aren't completely balanced yet, but these will be adjusted over time.

I wish you could stack in Insurgency to defend, but just as much to setup elaborate tree house ambush points.  However, it would probably do well for the Insurgents to be more purposeful in acquiring intel and harassment which is what not stacking will encourage.  Eventually, IEDs/Mines/Claymores will help some in defending the caches.

Shit'll change in the future. (FOB ammo/build points, logi,animations, sounds, ticket bleed, etc)

Hold on to your butts for v7.

If the community doesn't like something, the devs will change it (within reason, ofc.) 

Just be patient. This game has changed and delivered every time every since Sep. 2015 for me, never disappoint; the $70USD was completely worth it imo. Hell I'd pay another $40 to Offworld for another copy.

Imho, It doesn't really matter at this point. I'd rather see devs working on optimization and features then smaller things. Of course, there the "small things that make it" argument, but I think I really just overlook these in the grand scheme of things, especially when I think about when this game was only taking its first steps.

All the non weapon based need to be a 10th of what they are at present. Especially as you can't stack anything 

Man, I can't wait to see you guys cry when logistics show up and we actually have to physically move supplies using helicopters and transport trucks to even be able to place FOBs and their supporting emplacements.

So just calm down. I'm sorry your minecrafting was ruined but the resource system was not going to be that arbitrary in the end. All it did and still does is promote bad habits. Habits which suck to break because you are used to them. 

So be patient and wait for logistics. Then you can complain about having to make hard choices about what you want to use your limited supplies for: resupplying your troops, building static weapon emplacements or building defenses.

I'd be happy to go back to stacking of fob items once destruction is implemented. We shouldn't have to rely on just shoveling to be able to remove items, grenades, rpgs etc should be able to take them down as well.

No point in playing insurgency now with this current point accumulation rate.

The most you can get up is 1 50-cal set up before getting hit by the full force of the enemy team trying to take down the cache.

For the last time, this fobs building model is totally temporary, as the game does not bring the logistic trucks, they had to create an alternative way to fobs, 

when the vehicles arrive, completely forget this thing about construction points, 

the possibility of building assets will be measured by the number dropped supplies by the logi truck

so some trailers both spoke of such " supply lines "

Check out the 7CAV boys backing each other in. Lol. Are we on their forums or the SQUAD forums?

FOBs are fine, lads. It's Alpha. It will change again. Guarantee it.

This is what I have been saying, we can't stack deployables anymore, but what is even worse - points come too slow now, you can't do anything in time because the game pace is like Quake due to speed of movement. Atleast we should have points coming in like in V5. Its the same view, no vehicles = faster movement,  then no logistics = faster build points... Do you agree? Common sense.......

If we can't stack deployables we need more deployable assets available to us, like high sandbag wall or double stacked Hescos, all of which players can't jump-crouch over.

also it would be nice, if we can not double stack stuff. to have something that can be build WALL MOUNTED. like some drywood or stuff to be build over the murderholes, or to close doors and or windows.
maybe even make it destructable.

To the rest yeah... if you want to slow down MG building make the mg cost 1000 but put the constraction point rate back to the old value. so that you can at least build some ammo boxes and sandbag covers fast enough.

Since v6 no one has been building a hotel on a FOB in the middle of nowhere so their squad can enjoy a spa break while the rest of us fight.... It's quite good :)