NotBrad

AMD Graphics Cards

Made AMD Great Again.

With Polaris, soon Vega and Zen, AMD is going to take care of Squad, AMD is going to work with Squad, Squad is going to be very happy, Squad is going to like dope framerate.

Squad Devs don't have to be hamstrung anymore because everyone is going to get dope hardware. More fidelity for everyone. Distance field shadows? 100 man servers? Whatever IronTaxi had planned for lighting? Don't mean nothin', not a thing.

We love our Squad Devs! Don't we love our Squad Devs folks?

Just more PR circle jerking from AMD.

They compared x2 480's to a single 1080 to show if you want the performance of a 1080 you can get x2 480's for $200 cheaper and have similar performance. What they didn't do was benchmark against the 1070 to show if it will out perform the low end Nvidia card. 

For people like me who run multiple GPUs, will go for the x2 1070's or 1080's(Well for me it's going to be x2 1080 Ti Superclocked) Price doesn't matter when you get a good life cycle, good durability, decent warranty and great performance from your card/purchase.

I would wait until proper benchmarks with proper performance charts come out. PR work is all politics for sales. Until sales are made you never know. Oh...and Nvidia always wins.

20 minutes ago, Dubs said:

They compared x2 480's to a single 1080 to show if you want the performance of a 1080 you can get x2 480's for $200 cheaper and have similar performance. What they didn't do was benchmark against the 1070 to show if it will out perform the low end Nvidia card. 

For people like me who run multiple GPUs, will go for the x2 1070's or 1080's(Well for me it's going to be x2 1080 Ti Superclocked) Price doesn't matter when you get a good life cycle, good durability, decent warranty and great performance from your card/purchase.

I would wait until proper benchmarks with proper performance charts come out. PR work is all politics for sales. Until sales are made you never know. Oh...and Nvidia always wins.

Lol complete Nvidea fantard over here.

the Gtx 1080 is around 10 teraflops at best oc for $699. The Rx 480 which isn't even the best card releasing, because they stated there is at least one more at $300 has 5 teraflops. Do the math. You're a fanboy. AMD has always supported older hardware better and will continue to do so.

edit: oh and how many teraflops for the 1070? Lol rip Nvidea. You can buy 2 rx480 for the price of one 1070 and get 50% more performance, and the rx380x or rx390 will be at least on par with the 1070. Btw, there isn't a single non founders 1080 listed on newegg, and you can bet that they will all release at that $699 unless Nvidea makes them lower to compete with AMD.

2 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Lol complete Nvidea fantard over here.

the Gtx 1080 is around 10 teraflops at best for $699. The Rx 480 which isn't even the best card releasing, because they stated there is at least one more at $300 has 5 teraflops. Do the math. You're a fanboy. AMD has always supported older hardware better and will continue to do so.

So you have to result to insults despite you throwing the first stone " Suck it Nvidea. I believed and they delivered"
Quality banter mate. I expected a more mature reply, not some meme response I would expect from a rustled person on social media or youtube comments.

As usual. WAIT for some real reviews... FFS... 

BUT I hope AMD can take back the performace trone again and with that lower the market prices.

5 minutes ago, Dubs said:

So you have to result to insults despite you throwing the first stone " Suck it Nvidea. I believed and they delivered"
Quality banter mate. I expected a more mature reply, not some meme response I would expect from a rustled person on social media or youtube comments.

"Rustled"

today is a day of firsts anyway(especially for AMD market share)... I fail to see how that is an insult, Nvidea has been price gouging for ages with no justification besides having the more powerful flagship card, so I don't see the validity of your point. I have to sleep now, have an interview tomorrow.

2 hours ago, NotBrad said:

"Rustled"

today is a day of firsts anyway(especially for AMD market share)... I fail to see how that is an insult, Nvidea has been price gouging for ages with no justification besides having the more powerful flagship card, so I don't see the validity of your point. I have to sleep now, have an interview tomorrow.

"Fantard" "Fanboy" Let me guess, You were using these in a satire manner and not intended to try insult to start a flame war? Your insults actually mirror your current status with how you respond :)

My experience with Nvidia have been more quality from the product I receive. I've never had to use my warranty on an Nvidia product, but I have had to use my warranty twice on AMD products(HD7700 and HD8750) which turned defective after 5 and 7 months of owning them. 

Enjoy your low prices, I'll enjoy my 1080 Ti superclocked cards when the come out.

1 hour ago, zeno said:

Made AMD Great Again.

With Polaris, soon Vega and Zen, AMD is going to take care of Squad, AMD is going to work with Squad, Squad is going to be very happy, Squad is going to like dope framerate.

Squad Devs don't have to be hamstrung anymore because everyone is going to get dope hardware. More fidelity for everyone. Distance field shadows? 100 man servers? Whatever IronTaxi had planned for lighting? Don't mean nothin', not a thing.

We love our Squad Devs! Don't we love our Squad Devs folks?

I salivate from the mouth

Great way to start a fanboy thread there buddy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could have said it nicely, "here we go guys competition from AMD...", but nope, "suck it nvidia", "fantard". Of course that's going to trigger negative responses. It gets boring as hell on all the tech sites, seeing absolute hate and death threats because their "team" is better. That's another topic for how the internet strips away decorum.

I used an AMD card a very long time ago, remember having driver issues and what pushed me to the green side. Newer drivers fixed the issue, but I was done by then.

Green side started getting more expensive, hence why I've sat happily with my GTX 770 for 2 1/2 years. GTX 1070 coming up for sure.

It's always healthy having competition, consumers get cheaper prices and the manufacturers push each other to advance. If AMD disappeared, we're all screwed by a big green phallic shaped graphics card.

I'm not a fan of SLI, the performance drop doesn't justify it, same goes with configurations and getting it to work. 1 card vs another is all I care between these companies.

Edited by Mad Ani

Still using my old Radeon HD6950... everything I play works fine.Still have playable FPS in many games with decent graphic settings.

BTW... time to change this card,just at least because their fans are malfunctioned(1 of 2 is broken and didn't spinning) and software support are finished.

I think I buy this card,when it will be released,just because it's price.BTW - waiting for benchmarks...

AMD CPU died for me since 2nd Generation of Intel i-series.Probably Radeon will have same fate... at least now they very close for this.

Edited by samogon

5 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

apparently 2 of them performed better then one 1080, so $400 vs $600, pretty sick.

Remember that the benchmark used is a game which is already performing great on AMD cards at DX12. (So you can´t really tell if that statement is true in any other game)

I can´t wait for the first real benchmarks of this card! It sounds like a really good deal and I hope that we will get some nice 490´s and 490X´s around the end of this year when I will upgrade so I can choose between an I5/I7 or Zen CPU with a 1070/1080 or 490/490X... good times!

4 hours ago, Dubs said:

How can you say that when Nvidia pulls shit all the time? Remember the 4GB, 67°C under load, async support and the $600 pricetag? Me neither...

Anyway, looking forward to benchmarks, at $200 this is a steal. Also looking forward to DX12 and async, I just really hope game devs won't be too lazy in taking full advantage of it just because Nvidia fell behind there.

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Remember that the benchmark used is a game which is already performing great on AMD cards at DX12. (So you can´t really tell if that statement is true in any other game)

It's running on a high or medium settings and 1080 is running on ultra. 

Thx amd now i'm sure to pick one 1070

Just now, rincewind said:

It's running on a high or medium settings and 1080 is running on ultra. 

Thx amd now i'm sure to pick one 1070

?

There are no real benchmarks for the 480X yet. NVIDA and AMD can tell you what ever in their presentation´s, one has to wait for real benchmarks to see if that is really true.

2 minutes ago, koschilein said:

?

There are no real benchmarks for the 480X yet. NVIDA and AMD can tell you what ever in their presentation´s, one has to wait for real benchmarks to see if that is really true.

left is amd

nRzj.png

when they show that crap on their own presentation i don't even need real benchmarks

6 minutes ago, rincewind said:

left is amd

nRzj.png

when they show that crap on their own presentation i don't even need real benchmarks

I don´t see anything?!

And why bash AMD? If you like NVIDIA cards better, good for you. But if there would be no AMD your 1070 would cost 1000 bucks or more, we need good AMD cards/CPU´s for the hardware business to live on, otherwise you can only build a decent gaming system if you spend 3000+ dollar´s....

man this deserves it's own screenshot:

TRoj.png

sure it's sad amd could not compete but nvidia still wins 

i'm outta this thread and let amd fanboys to enjoy themselves

Just now, rincewind said:

TRoj.png

You must be a real fun person, do tell me how I am a fanboys with anything I said in this thread please?

1 minute ago, rincewind said:

TRoj.png

AMD Polaris never intended on competing with high-end Nvidias, they just want to increase their market share which is why their new GPU costs $200 which is where majority of the market is.

20 minutes ago, banOkay said:

How can you say that when Nvidia pulls shit all the time? Remember the 4GB, 67°C under load, async support and the $600 pricetag? Me neither...

Anyway, looking forward to benchmarks, at $200 this is a steal. Also looking forward to DX12 and async, I just really hope game devs won't be too lazy in taking full advantage of it just because Nvidia fell behind there.

And when Nvidia didn't present a benchmark for the 980 Ti and 980 Ti SC when showing off the 1070 and only compared to the stock 980, I done the same thing. Called out the PR stratagem used. Since the 980 Ti and 980 Ti SC are comparable in performance with 1070, the 1070 just performs better at 1440p due to the higher specs in some parts.  Makes people want to buy the 1070, then drop the 980 Ti variant prices lower than the 1070 a week or so after the 1070 release(Kind of like the when they left out the 780 Ti in comparison to the 980 and only compared to the stock 780).

11 minutes ago, koschilein said:

You must be a real fun person, do tell me how I am a fanboys with anything I said in this thread please?

I don't think he meant you when he was talking about "fanboys"? ;)

He just had a laugh with that screenshot, and started talking about other people I believe.

For someone like me on a low budget, these news about the card being $200 USD is the best news they could have given. While you guys are there worrying about SLI vs Crossfire im just here counting the cents on my wallet :D If Nvidia can provide better performance for the same price, then I'll get nvidia. I don't care if it's green or red just give me the best bang for my buck.