ProbingU

AMD Optimization

I have an AMD FX 4300 CPU. I know it's old, but I am still able to run consistently at FPS over 250 and for games like Arma 3, I can run at max settings at 10k render distance at 60 FPS, but when I played Squad back in december, my frames would not go above 15 FPS and did later research to realize the game was not optimized correctly for AMD CPUs, I refunded the game and am just wondering if this problem has been fixed and if it would be worth buying today. Thanks, ProbingU.

7 minutes ago, ProbingU said:

I have an AMD FX 4300 CPU. I know it's old, but I am still able to run consistently at FPS over 250 and for games like Arma 3, I can run at max settings at 10k render distance at 60 FPS, but when I played Squad back in december, my frames would not go above 15 FPS and did later research to realize the game was not optimized correctly for AMD CPUs, I refunded the game and am just wondering if this problem has been fixed and if it would be worth buying today. Thanks, ProbingU.

There has been an improvement from my FX8350 and the Voice stutter lag has gone but im not getting close to 60fps more like 35-40 and surprisingly on fools road with lots of trees maybe 50  don't know about your older CPU and the fact im also having to run quite a bit on low at 1920x1080 100% resscale with a GTX 970. If your wanting to achieve anything like what you have stated you get in other games or around 60 i don't think you will in squad at the moment.

Im surprised you can get 60fps in Arma 3 at max iv tried it and only manage 30 on AMD cpu you must be doing something im not lol 

17 minutes ago, Axle84 said:

There has been an improvement from my FX8350 and the Voice stutter lag has gone but im not getting close to 60fps more like 35-40 and surprisingly on fools road with lots of trees maybe 50  don't know about your older CPU and the fact im also having to run quite a bit on low at 1920x1080 100% resscale with a GTX 970. If your wanting to achieve anything like what you have stated you get in other games or around 60 i don't think you will in squad at the moment.

Im surprised you can get 60fps in Arma 3 at max iv tried it and only manage 30 on AMD cpu you must be doing something im not lol 

What fps do you get in battles? i am still at 22-30 fps

8350 gtx980 16gb ssd

Hi!

I have an FX-8320 @ 4.6 and  a Gtx 980. I´m also getting low fps. Is this all sound related? If so, why don´t you integrate Direct Sound library from Windows libraries to enable sound acceleration on sound cards? I have a sound card and i think that it would not only make the sound of the game better but will help AMD Cpu´s get better performance.

If i read right on the windows site, there is an api to achieve that.

8 hours ago, Gurke said:

Hi!

I have an FX-8320 @ 4.6 and  a Gtx 980. I´m also getting low fps. Is this all sound related? If so, why don´t you integrate Direct Sound library from Windows libraries to enable sound acceleration on sound cards? I have a sound card and i think that it would not only make the sound of the game better but will help AMD Cpu´s get better performance.

If i read right on the windows site, there is an api to achieve that.

Its unreal 4, they are working on rewriting the sound on a new thread for amd users, and with dx12 it will help out a lot for AMD

On 5/31/2016 at 7:13 PM, Axle84 said:

Is squad playable at this rate? I'm not sure about what this game really needs to be fun to play. In terms of Arma 3, Whenever I am in single player or doing a coop mission with only a few other people(about 10) I have my settings at max and get 60 frames consistently, it's just in larger servers such as in KOTH where my framerate drops to 20-40

GTX 970

FX 8320

16GB of RAM

I get under 20fps on low almost all the time

That's really sad to hear. I got :

fx4350

GTX 760

8gb Ram

Win 10

and between 30 and 55fps, in heavy firefights it sometimes drops to 25.

It's way better for me since v6 (haven't played with v6.2 yet).

Seems like less cores, less problems

2 hours ago, Zhenya said:

GTX 970

FX 8320

16GB of RAM

id suggest cleaning out your configs..  especially if you have ever doen any INI changes to tweak the game

On 6/2/2016 at 9:54 PM, Zhenya said:

GTX 970

FX 8320

16GB of RAM

Same GPU and RAM, FX 8370e, I get ~28 on fools road, ~15 on gorodok

On 6/3/2016 at 8:41 AM, IrOnTaXi said:

id suggest cleaning out your configs..  especially if you have ever doen any INI changes to tweak the game

Maybe it's time to realize you only fixed stuttering for 8320/8350 and some others but not crappy FPS mate. : ( 
Or tell me you already know it... Please. 

anyone know where to find that huge list of ""WindowsNoEditor"" edit's? and or good for V6?