cyreda

DEVS! Please disable the possibility for over 60 player servers!!

2 hours ago, koba said:

any suggestion on how to capture and post the footage? I'm a very busy chap. 

Since you have a GTX970, you should have NVIDIA GeForce Experience which allows you to use Shadowplay(nvidia's game capture software) It's decent quality with slim to no impact on performance.

1 hour ago, cyreda said:

Lowering 72p would only be a temporary solution. The game performs bad. Period. There is no other way around it now.

40 fps is bad, and many many people have worse systems than me. I am not suggesting this FOR ME but the whole community that hates the laggy fps. I already posted screenshots of the servers. There are no servers to play with less than 72 players.

I quit this thread, i've said same things over and over and over and there always comes people who say something idiotic as "yeah your wooden pc cant run it so lest ruin the fun for everyone blah blah" omg.... Cya in game im out.

hahah "40fps is bad" ahaha 40 is fine, this game isnt a twitch shooter where you can get an advantage from having a few extra frames. 40 is fine and easily playable anybody who says otherwise is just whinging because of a number rather than they see a clear obvious difference. 

do you notice films having bad fps when you watch them? no and they have only recently gone to 48 frames a second. Im pretty sure most humans struggle to differentiate anything from around 50-90 anyway so.. the 40 your saying is bad isn't and if it bothers your that much your being picky.

Why disable 60 player servers when there are multiple 50 man servers(our server is 54 man) .

It's a choice and some people can play on high pop servers fine, given their rig is capable.

Other choices

1) Rent your own server

2) Upgrade

3) Join a server which isn't 60+ slots

I think that's alot easier than disabling all 60+ slot servers just cos you get shitty fps lol

34 minutes ago, Irish_rangers said:

Why disable 60 player servers when there are multiple 50 man servers(our server is 54 man) .

It's a choice and some people can play on high pop servers fine, given their rig is capable.

Other choices

1) Rent your own server

2) Upgrade

3) Join a server which isn't 60+ slots

I think that's alot easier than disabling all 60+ slot servers just cos you get shitty fps lol

The problem is that about 9 out of 10 servers with actual people playing on it are 72-men servers. I do personally play at SquadBeans server. It's 56-men max server or something but you can't join if there are 46 or more people on the server(slot reservation for clan members, thanks gods).

That's a temporaty solution for me personally. My GPU and CPU load at about 25% and I get 30-40 FPS when ~40 people on the server.

How you guys can say other people have shitty PCs when I get 25% GPU and CPU load(1080p resolution) on 40-men server and I still get 30 FPS. Considering that I should get about 100 FPS on 40-men server when game will be optimized properly, and about ~60 FPS on ~70 men server.

At firing range I get up to 200 FPS(1080p resolution) with ~75% CPU load and ~95% GPU load.

It's not about old, bad etc PCs, it's only about game optimization! And game isn't optimized at all to play it with 72 players on the server.

Edited by KulaGGin

Yeah I know the game is still alpha and it's not optimized. I am just saying, disabling 60+ man servers is not a viable option given a large majority of the community can play on them without problems.

There are numerous servers with lower slots which have no problems. I rather lower pop myself but I can happily play on high servers, with huge performance loss but I can still play enjoyably.

I find it weird also you only have 25% load :/ my card is running it's tits off, i must check the load later

Dafuq! This thread still going!

Get on the servers and play some squad.

Get over it already...

2 hours ago, Squike said:

hahah "40fps is bad" ahaha 40 is fine, this game isnt a twitch shooter where you can get an advantage from having a few extra frames. 40 is fine and easily playable anybody who says otherwise is just whinging because of a number rather than they see a clear obvious difference. 

do you notice films having bad fps when you watch them? no and they have only recently gone to 48 frames a second. Im pretty sure most humans struggle to differentiate anything from around 50-90 anyway so.. the 40 your saying is bad isn't and if it bothers your that much your being picky.

bro............i dont even know what to say !

ACTUALLY EVERYONE WHO SAYS 30-40 FPS IS FINE WATCH THIS

Edited by Prod.

1 hour ago, Irish_rangers said:

I find it weird also you only have 25% load :/ my card is running it's tits off, i must check the load later

It's not only videocard, it's CPU as well. And there are a lot of people reporting low CPU and GPU usage on high pop servers.

I'm sure it's true for every single one player(most people just don't even know how to see CPU/GPU load), especially on high populated servers and especially for people with high-end rigs. How so? Because if I get 30 FPS with my DDR2 rig(Xeon x5450, GTX560 Ti) and 25% CPU/GPU load, people with 4770k and GTX970 without low percentage loads would be getting at least 200 FPS. But nope, people with high-end machines still get just a little more FPS: 40-60 or 60-80 in best cases(I have even made .xls table with average FPS in Squad based on what people are saying on this forums). 

The funny thing is that I get the exact same FPS when I play this game at 1920x1080 or 640x480 on actual servers with people. In firing range I get up to 300 FPS at 640x480 and up to 200 FPS at 1920x1080.

I have started testing my CPU/GPU loads during gameplay myself only after I've read multiple times of other guys reporting this problem appears even on high-end machines.

Edited by KulaGGin

10 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

The funny thing is that I get the exact same FPS when I play this game at 1920x1080 or 640x480 on actual servers with people. 

THIS!!!

My PC will heat the room nicely when running Squad using my i7 6600k. I'm sure CPU utilisation is higher than 25%.

3 hours ago, Squike said:

Do you notice films having bad fps when you watch them? no and they have only recently gone to 48 frames a second. Im pretty sure most humans struggle to differentiate anything from around 50-90 anyway so.. the 40 your saying is bad isn't and if it bothers your that much your being picky.

Sorry but 40 is pretty shitty in any game you play and is very distracting in an FPS game. Shit, I can tell the difference between 200 and 350 fps because the mouse input just feels better with higher frames. This much below monitors framerate will never get you a smooth, lag free experience, maybe it doesn't bother you because you're not used to fps games with good fps but it sure as hell bothers a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, koba said:

My PC will heat the room nicely when running Squad using my i7 6600k. I'm sure CPU utilisation is higher than 25%.

Cool your pc heats up your room, the CPU MUST BE more utilized.. even though:

34 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

The funny thing is that I get the exact same FPS when I play this game at 1920x1080 or 640x480 on actual servers with people.

Yeah Koba your input was valuable thank you.. not.

7 minutes ago, banOkay said:

Sorry but 40 is pretty shitty in any game you play and is very distracting in an FPS game. Shit, I can tell the difference between 200 and 350 fps because the mouse input just feels better with higher frames. This much below monitors framerate will never get you a smooth, lag free experience, maybe it doesn't bother you because you're not used to fps games with good fps but it sure as hell bothers a lot of people.

Thank you. It really makes me feel weird when people defend a game here that does NOT work in any optimal way. 40 fps for FPS game (pun intended) is very bad.

Edited by cyreda

1 minute ago, cyreda said:

Cool your pc heats up your room, the CPU MUST BE more utilized.. even though:

Yeah Koba your input was valuable thank you.. not.

Thank you. It really makes me feel weird when people defend a game here that does NOT work in any optimal way. 40 fps for FPS game (pun intended) is very bad.

Your lack of manners disturbs me. You seem to be taking this all very personally. 

Given that screen resolution according to some makes no difference to performance, and given that KulaGGin was alleging lower CPU utilisation on high occupancy servers, I was merely pointing out that on my high spec CPU, I am seeing no performance problems coupled with high CPU utilisation. 

Therefore, this isn't a consistent problem and perhaps there is more to it than merely stating the game "does NOT work in any optimal way".

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Do try to keep up. There's a champ.

Not that it's worth much, but I was playing last night on Sumari in a 72p server and it was chugging. I was getting 60fps but there was stutter from the server. Even had a dev in my stream say it was the server. 

But people vote with their feet and the 72p servers are what they play on. There are 50p-64p servers out there but few ever get populated. :(

There was stutter in both matches I played last night.  Perhaps it was the same server, but everyone knows when Desmo's playing and I don't remember seeing you.

The guys who wants servers with max. 60 players (or less) - here is a suggestion for you:

1. Open a thread in an appropriate forums section here, where you are searching people for a 60 slot (or less) server.

2. If you have enough people (for e.g. 10 - 20), you rent a windows 2008 or 2012 root server (for about 20 -30$ a month - would be about 1 - 3 $ / month for each member).

3. Install Squad dedicated server on it, configure it, start it.

4. Be happy :)

You can disuss here more and more about pro and contra for 72 or 60 slot servers. But I don't believe that the devs. will limit the slots, as the goal is 100+ slot servers. We, the community, support the devs in this way  - also if it's no more playable on high populated server. But this is the best way for gathering infos about stability and performance. We deliver feedback, logf files, crash dumps and so on and the devs can find the bugs easier.

Edited by El Duderino

2 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

The guys who wants servers with max. 60 players (or less) - here is a suggestion for you:

1. Open a thread in an appropriate forums section here, where you are searching people for a 60 slot (or less) server.

2. If you have enough people (for e.g. 10 - 20), you rent a windows 2008 or 2012 root server (for about 20 -30$ a month - would be about 1 - 3 $ / month for each member).

3. Install Squad dedicated server on it, configure it, start it.

4. Be happy :)

i dig your wicked avatar

I don't know why everyone is complaining your eyes can't detect more than 26 frames per second anyway.

7 minutes ago, Shanic said:

I don't know why everyone is complaining your eyes can't detect more than 26 frames per second anyway.

It's actually 24 fps - 12 fps per eye!

12 minutes ago, Shanic said:

yet the world around you does not function @26fps thats why it seems quite smooth

Just now, JozoNalozil said:

yet the world around you does not function @26fps thats why it seems quite smooth

Dude it's a fact why would the movie industry lie to you , we watch films in 26 fps and it's alright anything else is just propaganda from the GPU companies you use 100+ frames that you can't see, hell even the monitor companies are in on it. 60 HZ monitors? HAH only 26 of those are usable so you're wasting 34 """""Frames""""" over half the amount claimed. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

4 minutes ago, Shanic said:

Dude it's a fact why would the movie industry lie to you , we watch films in 26 fps and it's alright anything else is just propaganda from the GPU companies you use 100+ frames that you can't see, hell even the monitor companies are in on it. 60 HZ monitors? HAH only 26 of those are usable so you're wasting 34 """""Frames""""" over half the amount claimed. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

i dont know about you dude but when i lock frames at 30 and than at 60 the later is way more smoother gameplay experience, dude 

for movie flicks even tv 24 frames are plenty...not so for all types of video games

2 minutes ago, JozoNalozil said:

i dont know about you dude but when i lock frames at 30 and than at 60 the later is way more smoother gameplay experience, dude 

Don't lie man that's just not cool

Edited by Shanic
junk from previous post