cyreda

DEVS! Please disable the possibility for over 60 player servers!!

These  types of  posts are pretty  selfish.

I play on 72  man servers all the time and have  absolutely no FPS issues. Intense combat = 40-45 FPS which to me is playable. Normal combat I sit in the 50-60 range and when nothing is going on I'm easily 70+. Why should I have to have less fun because some one else's computer can't run the game?

Go play on a less populated server or get a server of your own and limit the player count. That is the solution, not making it so no one can have a shit ton of fun just because you can't.

24 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

I play on 72  man servers all the time and have  absolutely no FPS issues. Intense combat = 40-45 FPS which to me is playable. Normal combat I sit in the 50-60 range and when nothing is going on I'm easily 70+. Why should I have to have less fun because some one else's computer can't run the game?

Go play on a less populated server or get a server of your own and limit the player count. That is the solution, not making it so no one can have a shit ton of fun just because you can't.

That is not true for a lot of people. 

I have a very decent Asus ROG gaming PC and I get 20 to 30 FPS. The game is very poorly optimized at this stage.

Edited by Maki

It seems like UE4 wasn't designed to do more than 64 player servers, the performance drop when you go above that is very noticeable. I'm not saying we don't want more players than that eventually because everyone wants 100 player battles, but its obvious the software is not ready to handle it at this time. Limiting the player count would do a lot to improve performance, but I think anything less than 3 full squads per side is too low a limit.

Edited by lawnboy

22 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

Selfish? Well I am the one representing the majority, you represent the minority. The majority of Squad players have issues, you don't. So that means capping the max player count is selfish? Well I am mostly thinking about the whole community, where majority now plays with crap FPS. Of course anyways they choose the most populated servers, as in most games player count does NOT equal FPS drop.

17 minutes ago, lawnboy said:

It seems like UE4 wasn't designed to do more than 64 player servers, the performance drop when you go above that is very noticeable. I'm not saying we don't want more players than that eventually because everyone wants 100 player battles, but its obvious the software is not ready to handle it at this time. Limiting the player count would do a lot to improve performance, but I think anything less than 3 full squads per side is too low a limit.

If the game would be already released now I would go conform with you. But the release date is about 14 month in the future. UE 4.12 shall bring also some performance improvements. Let's see what the future brings :)

Edited by El Duderino

3 minutes ago, cyreda said:

Selfish? Well I am the one representing the majority, you represent the minority. The majority of Squad players have issues, you don't. So that means capping the max player count is selfish? Well I am mostly thinking about the whole community, where majority now plays with crap FPS. Of course anyways they choose the most populated servers, as in most games player count does NOT equal FPS drop.

You want the game to have better performance? Help the devs: 

Complaining doesn't help anybody.

Just now, El Duderino said:

Stuttering is not the issue, I had that issue when v6 was released and now is gone with the latest hotfix, the FPS issues still remain.

All the fanboys on this forum call any legitimate criticism complaining and it is really sad. 

4 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

That is a different situation, I get no hiccups. I get LOW FPS. So do a huge amount of people. Read again my original post, is it just complaining? I made arguments about the low fps with alot information, and suggested a way to make the problem go away. Complaining? ..... oh god fanboys

32 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

So 72 player servers are shit tons more fun than 50/60? Yeah

Edited by cyreda

No, this is an alpha in development and they do need to run such server´s for performance testing, I have really bad performance myself but this should always stay as an option. The more players the more server load and the more the dev´s can push the engine and optimize it.

46 minutes ago, koschilein said:

No, this is an alpha in development and they do need to run such server´s for performance testing, I have really bad performance myself but this should always stay as an option. The more players the more server load and the more the dev´s can push the engine and optimize it.

I dont think thats how videogames are being made... The devs do know the exact reason for the slow fps, and it isn't easily fixed.

Edited by cyreda

One of the key reasons i bought the game and backed the kickstarter campaign was the 50 vs 50 and i look forward to that.

2 minutes ago, Frosty2 said:

One of the key reasons i bought the game and backed the kickstarter campaign was the 50 vs 50 and i look forward to that.

Sure that sounds really cool!

But at the current state 72 is too much..

its funny how things turn around !

first the fanboys are pulling up on us because we went ham, now we actually have a good point and now the fanboys go ham......lol !

but hey......like you said........its an alpha......updates are here to test or not?..........so why not test ?

35 minutes ago, cyreda said:

I dont think thats how videogames are being made... The devs do know the exact reason for the slow fps, and it isn't easily fixed.

Yeah because you made tons of vidya yourself, probably blindcoding everything in ASM and brainfuck.

If you have a wild guess where the bug is, go ahead make my day, and give the devs a hint.

But forced downsizing is never an option.

2 minutes ago, Metapher said:

Yeah because you made tons of vidya yourself, probably blindcoding everything in ASM and brainfuck.

If you have a wild guess where the bug is, go ahead make my day, and give the devs a hint.

But forced downsizing is never an option.

The problem is UE4's animation system which forces the player to process every pawn in the game, even if the other players were in the other side of the map. This causes FPS strain on high pop servers as CPU's calculate all the actions.

That wasn't so hard, neither did it need "blindcoding everything in a brainfuck".

Edited by cyreda

Ah here we go again, the same old few who call the majority fanboys...No I'm  not a Fanboy I'm actually a FanMan,lolz you kids crack me up,seriously! .

Even though,i do agree with some of OP's arguments & maybe solutions to our problem.

But in the end of the day,I'm gonna leave this decisions to who matters most.

Those who pay for the servers & OWI...

With all due respect, if you want a low populated server...Just pay for one yourselfs,actually why don't you all get together &chip in!!

Simples...No more complaining . :D

7 hours ago, JarryHead said:

With all the performance complaints going around since V6 - I assume because it brought many people back to the game expecting better FPS - I sadly agree that this may be the best solution for the meantime, at least until vehicles arrive.

lol certainly wasnt expecting WORSE FPS, after months of no real updates, but you dont always get what you expect

+1 to OP btw.  kinda wierd its not a thing after alll this time of dodgy performance

Edited by nebsif

1 minute ago, nebsif said:

lol certainly wasnt expecting WORSE FPS, after months of no real updates, but you dont always get what you expect

bleh

Alpha stage in video games is always a wild ride.

2 hours ago, Maki said:

Stuttering is not the issue, I had that issue when v6 was released and now is gone with the latest hotfix, the FPS issues still remain.

Have you tried to tweak your graphic (and maybe sound) settings? For e.g. i lowered the view distance from HIGH to MEDIUM and have average 20-30 more FPS now -

also on full 72 player servers.

Just now, El Duderino said:

Have you tried to tweak your graphic (and maybe sound) settings? For e.g. i lowered the view distance from HIGH to MEDIUM and have average 20-30 more FPS now -

also on full 72 player servers.

I have tried all sorts of settings and my FPS is pretty crap at the state of the game right now.

i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz (Turbo Boosted to 4 GHz)

Nvidia GTX 760

16 GB RAM

3 hours ago, cyreda said:

I offered a pretty simple solution for it but you guys keep just throwing the suggestion out just because "it works well enough for you",

No. We are not throwing out your suggestion because of that. well partly.

See, there is another solution that is a win-win situation for everyone: People who can't play on 72p servers play in smaller servers, say 40-50 (there are pleeenty, I played in one earlier today that was full 4/5 times) and people who can and want to can play on 72p servers.

Why is this such a bad solution?

It's not as if anyone is forcing you to play on 72p servers?

I just don't understand how hard it is to just go play on a 50p server if your computer can't handle more!

11 minutes ago, molomo58 said:

No. We are not throwing out your suggestion because of that. well partly.

See, there is another solution that is a win-win situation for everyone: People who can't play on 72p servers play in smaller servers, say 40-50 (there are pleeenty, I played in one earlier today that was full 4/5 times) and people who can and want to can play on 72p servers.

Why is this such a bad solution?

It's not as if anyone is forcing you to play on 72p servers?

I just don't understand how hard it is to just go play on a 50p server if your computer can't handle more!

The reason is already stated before. There isn't any information in the menu that "joining high pop server causes low fps" so many, many players have no idea. They think graphics cause the low fps but in reality its the high pop server and everyone just complains. The serverlist is full of 72p servers, there is only a few good 50-60 player servers that might populate in evening time....

Everything I said was already stated.... Don't ask for the same argument twice.

PS. I am assuming that everyone plays with the same serverlist ;)

Edited by cyreda