A suggestion id like to present is to make insertions from the air viable by chopper, now what i mean by this is when choppers do come out a separate kit besides the pilot kit should be able to have a parachute to make air insertions possible. this could possibly be a completely new kit or just an addition to another kit such as a rifleman or just an addition to all kits. obviously this isnt going to be a priority since the vehicles and choppers arent yet implemented into the game but it would be a very cool addition.

Thank you :)

Edited by FutureMarine

I thought about this awhile ago, being airborne dropped in on squad would be fucking AWEsome.

That would be sweet, so instead of spawning at main, you spawn in a C-130/C-17, and jump out (via animation) as the timer goes off, so you're parachuting down for the first 30 seconds :P

4 hours ago, FutureMarine said:

A suggestion id like to present is to make insertions from the air viable by chopper, now what i mean by this is when choppers do come out a separate kit besides the pilot kit should be able to have a parachute to make air insertions possible. this could possibly be a completely new kit or just an addition to another kit such as a rifleman or just an addition to all kits. obviously this isnt going to be a priority since the vehicles and choppers arent yet implemented into the game but it would be a very cool addition.

In PR (yes, I'm that guy), we have two maps (Silent Eagle and snowy map(Russian vs Germany)) that started as airdrop which you immediately press nine before you hurt yourself and the airdrop will last first five minutes or forever depend on the map.

5 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

That would be sweet, so instead of spawning at main, you spawn in a C-130/C-17, and jump out (via animation) as the timer goes off, so you're parachuting down for the first 30 seconds :P

Gets instantly killed by random RPG fired off by accident....

On May 29, 2016 at 10:52 PM, FutureMarine said:

Well unless we're talking about dual rotor craft like the CH-47, parachuting from helos isn't really a thing. In any case, paradrops are not usually tactical. IMO, unless the whole team parachuted into the map on their first spawn, it'd be an unrealistic feature.

1 hour ago, Aniallator said:

". . .  parachuting from helos isn't really a thing. . . . "

Lols! says who?

Squad != Reality.

why do peeps insist that this Game  has to copy Reality?

i'm all for the p'chutes for anybody, once/if implimented. I just don't think they should ever be "unlimited", as in after jumping = auto-furl + pack away for the next jump. One use would be great, which would also stop peeps from parkur'ing off random stuffs and p'chuting everywhere (which is an argument against parachutes that i can see cropping up).

43 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

Lols! says who?

Squad != Reality.

i'm all for the p'chutes for anybody, once/if implimented. I just don't think they should ever be "unlimited", as in after jumping = auto-furl + pack away for the next jump. One use would be great, which would also stop peeps from parkur'ing off random stuffs and p'chuting everywhere (which is an argument against parachutes that i can see cropping up).

1. FFS, no one's saying Squad needs to copy reality. Stop assuming/abusing, it's not the first time you've done that. And do you really think that because a feature is realistic, it shouldn't be implemented? News flash: not a great logic for a realism game.

2. Paratroopers typically deploy from four-engine fixed-wing transport aircraft. Not Blackhawks. Implementing paratroopers to jump from helos would be like implementing jet pilots to fly Littlebirds. Mass paradrops from helos are fine in BF4, but don't fit Squad.

In BF1942 one spawn point was a parachute drop....lots of fun...could work here too, maybe have the insertion point set by commander or SL at the start of round and remains there for entire match and cant be moved...if using aircraft is not viable..

pbcommapp1_1.jpg

Parachute insertion is great in a game that pretends to have teamwork like BF. Drop your guys all over the place because it's fun and let them do their own thing. Great. Squad, I believe, is trying to create a much closer team play and that's perhaps why fast ropes from helis maybe the airborne insertion technic they will use.

WW2 mods may end up playing differently. We can only hope.

By far the best game to do paradrops was MoH: Airborne. That shit was serious radical and I'd love to see a few maps like that. 

4 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Lols! says who?

Squad != Reality.

Says just about anyone. Paradrops from helicopters aren't exactly as safe as jumping from a plane as the downforce of the engine comes right down on you, not to mention the height a helicopter can achieve is pussy shit compared to a C-130. Can you parajump out of a helo? Yeah, people have parachuted out of them before, but it's not a military thing because it makes no sense. Heli Assault is a much more common and sensible tactic.

Why are people so insistent that this game should be set in the Battlefield land of make believe? 

3 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

By far the best game to do paradrops was MoH: Airborne. That shit was serious radical and I'd love to see a few maps like that. 

Says just about anyone. Paradrops from helicopters aren't exactly as safe as jumping from a plane as the downforce of the engine comes right down on you, not to mention the height a helicopter can achieve is pussy shit compared to a C-130. Can you parajump out of a helo? Yeah, people have parachuted out of them before, but it's not a military thing because it makes no sense. Heli Assault is a much more common and sensible tactic.

Why are people so insistent that this game should be set in the Battlefield land of make believe? 

This game gonna be Battlefield for people with delayed conditional reflexes and restricted possibilities, lol. Total antirambo style.

As already suggested, you could have a "flying" spawnpoint that follows a predefined pattern, and are only open the first few minutes of the game. Then the paradropping team has time to capture the first flag, or make a "superfob" as mainbase.

I like the way it's handled in PR and once we get bigger maps I would definetely like to see a comeback.

18 hours ago, Aniallator said:

1. FFS, no one's saying Squad needs to copy reality. Stop assuming/abusing, it's not the first time you've done that. And do you really think that because a feature is realistic, it shouldn't be implemented? News flash: not a great logic for a realism game.

2. Paratroopers typically deploy from four-engine fixed-wing transport aircraft. Not Blackhawks. Implementing paratroopers to jump from helos would be like implementing jet pilots to fly Littlebirds. Mass paradrops from helos are fine in BF4, but don't fit Squad.

1. wow. ok, for a start, i'm not abusing or assuming, probably more like generalising so i don't end up with a wall of text. To suggest that because a feature is real-istic, i would therefore not want it, is silly. Real-ism, yeah i have no problem with that - blindly copying Reality, not so much.

2. Typically  yes - from some form of fixed-wing aircraft.

3. " no one's saying Squad needs to copy reality " i agree, Aniallator. But this is how it comes across a lot of the time, particularly when people start rabbiting on about how the US military do things, how weapons work, how vehicles should be entered, how sights are "incorrectly aligned compared to the real gun i use", how we can't have certain map features because only certain Special Forces use them, how we can't have para drops from anything other than a FW aircraft. i'm sorry but these things just scream to me "go play ArmA", i don't want you or anyone else to do that, i want you to pay this game.

i intend no offence - absolutely the last thing i would want to do - i just don't want to see this game turn into a MilSim, because that is NOT what this game is about.

The engine is strugling with the current complxity of the game - how Real and complex do we need this game before it breaks irretrievably?

anyhoo, avagudwun.

15 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

fair enough Varenyky (was a fairly open and under-defined comment on my behalf). ive never jumped from a perfectly good plane before - must be a rush though. i understand its not a Military thing. yes, Heli Assaults will  be very effective if done right - or until i drop a tank shell into the pilots lap, of course.

i don't want a Land-of-Make-Believe game but i also don't want another version of ArmA (i already have two). i'm more than happy with the vast majority of realism in this game so far, it's quite amazing really. i just think there are some other smaller things that could add to the game that some consider not realistic (and by Realistic they come across as meaning As-Per-Reality).

3 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

1. wow. ok, for a start, i'm not abusing or assuming, probably more like generalising so i don't end up with a wall of text. To suggest that because a feature is real-istic, i would therefore not want it, is silly. Real-ism, yeah i have no problem with that - blindly copying Reality, not so much.

2. Typically  yes - from some form of fixed-wing aircraft.

3. " no one's saying Squad needs to copy reality " i agree, Aniallator. But this is how it comes across a lot of the time, particularly when people start rabbiting on about how the US military do things, how weapons work, how vehicles should be entered, how sights are "incorrectly aligned compared to the real gun i use", how we can't have certain map features because only certain Special Forces use them, how we can't have para drops from anything other than a FW aircraft. i'm sorry but these things just scream to me "go play ArmA", i don't want you or anyone else to do that, i want you to pay this game.

i intend no offence - absolutely the last thing i would want to do - i just don't want to see this game turn into a MilSim, because that is NOT what this game is about.

The engine is strugling with the current complxity of the game - how Real and complex do we need this game before it breaks irretrievably?

anyhoo, avagudwun.

I don't want Squad to turn into Arma either, far from it; this is the game I play when I've had enough of A3 lagginess, sluggishness, clunkiness, it's shitty animations for a while. I'm happy with 95% of the realism in Squad *cough* zoom *cough*, but things like parachuting out of helicopters are, IMO, not at all true to life and not fit for a game.

I'd be happy to see parachuting if it meant the whole BLUFOR team parachuted into the map on their first spawn, but that's about it.

I think PR did great job of the Parachute system.

I like the idea of fixed yet moving spawn points that disappear too. 
It shits me to tears when you play a game that allows you to parachute out of anything ie. rooftop and pull your chute 1m from the ground to survive...

I don't see anything cool in just placing one of the spawn points at 600 meters above the ground, while another one is fortified with hescos and have tanks in boxes.

There should be a reason to use paratroopers as faction on map. Why does %countryname% use paratroopers here? What theatre does this map represent? What type of landspace does it have? Is it worth to use specialized airborne vehicles and infantry instead of regular ones? Why %countryname% couldn't establish a ground base and ferry troops by the trucks? Without answers for these questions paratroopers don't make sense.

I think this would be better as a new game mode.

Symmetrical capture a main base.

It will be located in the middle of the map, and you must parachute into or near a small compound. There is a FOB already inside, whoever makes it in first takes it, and then door can be sealed. They ofc can be opened via breachers, as para is a long time away. The other team must gather themselves up and fall back to a point where they can place down a FOB. OPFOR will have a main by now but if they even hope to stay in the fight they have to lays closer FOB down. It's kinda like a "Capture and Siege" game mode.

5 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

I don't see anything cool in just placing one of the spawn points at 600 meters above the ground, while another one is fortified with hescos and have tanks in boxes.

There should be a reason to use paratroopers as faction on map. Why does %countryname% use paratroopers here? What theatre does this map represent? What type of landspace does it have? Is it worth to use specialized airborne vehicles and infantry instead of regular ones? Why %countryname% couldn't establish a ground base and ferry troops by the trucks? Without answers for these questions paratroopers don't make sense.

You're right. Best leave paratroopers to the WW2 Modding community.

On 03/06/2016 at 0:53 PM, Aniallator said:

I don't want Squad to turn into Arma either, far from it; this is the game I play when I've had enough of A3 lagginess, sluggishness, clunkiness, it's shitty animations for a while. I'm happy with 95% of the realism in Squad *cough* zoom *cough*, but things like parachuting out of helicopters are, IMO, not at all true to life and not fit for a game.

I'd be happy to see parachuting if it meant the whole BLUFOR team parachuted into the map on their first spawn, but that's about it.

agreed(zoom), yeah, not "true to life", but again i use the argument that this game is a Virtual Reality, no matter how stringently based on the real world  - parachuting out of planes only, ok, fair enough.

but. why would anyone go to the enourmous effort of building new models (planes + 'chutes), adding another system (parachuting) and adding a whole pile of scripting on top of that, then bug testing - into a game that is already struggling with its own complexity! - and all this for just the first 2 minutes of a round?! sorry but it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever if there are so many things still wrong with the game that actually need to be fixed first.

On 6/2/2016 at 7:15 PM, LaughingJack said:

fair enough Varenyky (was a fairly open and under-defined comment on my behalf). ive never jumped from a perfectly good plane before - must be a rush though. i understand its not a Military thing. yes, Heli Assaults will  be very effective if done right - or until i drop a tank shell into the pilots lap, of course.

i don't want a Land-of-Make-Believe game but i also don't want another version of ArmA (i already have two). i'm more than happy with the vast majority of realism in this game so far, it's quite amazing really. i just think there are some other smaller things that could add to the game that some consider not realistic (and by Realistic they come across as meaning As-Per-Reality).

Nobody here want's another ArmA. I like ArmA, but I want ArmA from ArmA and Squad from Squad. That being said, there are hints that Squad can take from ArmA when it comes to realism, but that doesn't mean that it instantly turns into ArmA when it doesn't allow stupid things like helicopter parajumps. 

On 6/3/2016 at 3:53 AM, ZiGreen said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. There should be specific maps set up for paratroopers that justifies their usage. It would be awesome to see some more asymmetrical maps where both forces are conventional with the explanation being that one side is paratrooping in and therefore has less effective assets while the other side has the home field advantage but the objective isn't necessarily straight line capture the flag, but instead maybe something like KoTH or search and destroy. 

3 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

agreed(zoom), yeah, not "true to life", but again i use the argument that this game is a Virtual Reality, no matter how stringently based on the real world  - parachuting out of planes only, ok, fair enough.

but. why would anyone go to the enourmous effort of building new models (planes + 'chutes), adding another system (parachuting) and adding a whole pile of scripting on top of that, then bug testing - into a game that is already struggling with its own complexity! - and all this for just the first 2 minutes of a round?! sorry but it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever if there are so many things still wrong with the game that actually need to be fixed first.

Haha yes it'd be a good waste of time, and if it were implemented I'd see it as a well after post-release thing (though you don't even really need a plane model, you can just fall from the sky like in PR), but I'm saying that if we were to see paratroopers in Squad, that's how I'd want them implemented.

65013_1.jpg

Well, thought I bring back the topic since its been awhile, plus I built a model airplane that can be used for parachuting, can we have our cake and eat it too?  I think they will be needed for when airplanes, helos, start to crash and burn from getting FLAC, and guys need to bail out, plus we need them for para drops to far off enemy territory, when we get the big maps, and need to cross natural terrain barriers. 140808-Z-SA683-058X_web.jpg

Yes the Army does parachute out of Chinooks, Ive seen em do it over FT Lewis Wa.  We got vehicles now, tanks, helos, A10, around corner... Parachute needed! 

Edited by XRobinson