Silverspeed

Squad similar in many ways with Arma 3( in a negative way)

Hi all,

Unfortunately the latest update forced some of my friends to leave and some uninstall the game .. I get the same vibes as Arma 3 .. People complained over performance since

Alpha release(2013) Arma 3 and the answer back then was: "Guys relax this is just an  Alpha version things will get much better in the future.. Now 3 years after the initial Arma 3 release game still runs like crap.. Now I see many telling people to relax and that Squad is only Alpha. 

I understand that things are complex withing gaming development but I can tell you that you need to break the negative updates/trend  because you are risking of losing players. I can already see people leaving the game some uninstalling and some just waiting patiently for some fixes or more positive updates.. WIth that said I wish you  best of luck.

Edited by Silverspeed

I think the difference here is that the developers are more or less aware of the problems causing performance issues, whereas with ARMA 3 they either have no idea, or can't fix it.

Really mate,you need to take a break & STOP spewing negativity.

Told you & others,our boys are trying their utmost to fix this.

God dammit...Have a little faith!

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

Feel free to donate a few million/billion so they can establish themselves as a AAA developer and have a studio heaving with developers. 

If you don't support the development, just go, its better to not to have the negativity from people like you around to be perfectly honest. 

What is more demotivating for indie developers then comments like this? Posts like this do not help at all, and why would developers want to please someone with that attitude?

Think yourself lucky that you have the privilege to influence the development of a title by potentially providing constructive feedback (none of which you are providing, apart from spitting your dummy out, about performance related issues that the devs are WELL aware of.), for all you knew this could have been locked behind doors for another two years with no one even knowing about it, and upon release, you'd have still bitched about something.

Edited by FSGMatt

I think the uninstall is a good thing for you guys. Come back later... like 4-5 months later, follow the news in the meantime, reinstall the game and have fun. If you feel frustrated about things how they are right now, play something else until they fix the optimization problems.

34 minutes ago, TotalEclipse said:

I think the difference here is that the developers are more or less aware of the problems causing performance issues, whereas with ARMA 3 they either have no idea, or can't fix it.

tbh i dont think that these developers are aware what they are doing aswell ! but i'm still optimistic and hope they will fix those performance issues

6 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

well, thats what i call honest ! how about 60fps on low settings ? or atleast 50

Edited by Prod.

I got good 55 - 85 FPS on all Maps with all shadows high view distance epic at 100% res.scale @ 1440P with 4790 and 980Ti.

Game runs fine with good hardware. Same on my mates 970 and 4790 @FullHd

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

This. What we see now is 2 years of what happens closed in a studio.

And THEN it opens up as an beta / alpha. Fuck sake, dota2 was beta for like 3 years

It's not hard to worry based on how slow progress has been since EA launch. This latest update has been a big disappointment for a lot of people, especially after it took two months to drop and did very little besides lower the games already poor performance. 

And people with super rigs need to shut about performance. We get it, mommy and daddy got you a 980ti and it simply brute forces its way through the terrible optimization but a $600+ video card is laughably out of reach for most people who can't justify spending an entire months rent on a toy. 

5 minutes ago, lawnboy said:

It's not hard to worry based on how slow progress has been since EA launch. This latest update has been a big disappointment for a lot of people, especially after it took two months to drop and did very little besides lower the games already poor performance. 

And people with super rigs need to shut about performance. We get it, mommy and daddy got you a 980ti and it simply brute forces its way through the terrible optimization but a $600+ video card is laughably out of reach for most people who can't justify spending an entire months rent on a toy. 

780GTX, i7 4770k here, running on 50-70 FPS with 120 reso scale, everything on max except shadows (low). 3 years old PC.

Edited by guemi

The amount of games (especially games under development) that are immediately tagged with this misunderstood and vague term of "unoptimized" is unreal.. 

13 minutes ago, guemi said:

780GTX, i7 4770k here, running on 50-70 FPS with 120 reso scale, everything on max except shadows (low). 3 years old PC.

Which, once again, was a very high end rig when you purchased it. That CPU is still VERY fast. Just because the video card is slightly dated doesn't mean it wasn't a high end card that can still pull its weight. Midrange hardware gets screwed with this game and UE4 in general. 

I get 50 fps with a 770, 16 gb ram and the slowest i7. Im sure we can definitely improve things as we go, but from what i see, i dont see numbers like this as terrible performance.

Simply put, you cant have games like arma 3 or squad with long view distances, a lot of objects and playercounts, without a certain hit on your gpu or cpu. 

I feel like i7 CPUs have much better performance than more modern i5 CPUs.

Well, about the time Squad is going to be released I will hopefully be finishing my studies and can afford a good pc with the moneyz I hope to make. :D

22 minutes ago, Drav said:

Simply put, you cant have games like arma 3 or squad with long view distances, a lot of objects and playercounts, without a certain hit on your gpu or cpu. 

actually arma will run better at 3-4K VD. there comes up a flaw in squad's design as it can't benefit from unlimited VD on such a small maps and no hardware will be able to handle it if you ever manage to expand maps to arma size

44 minutes ago, lawnboy said:

Which, once again, was a very high end rig when you purchased it. That CPU is still VERY fast. Just because the video card is slightly dated doesn't mean it wasn't a high end card that can still pull its weight. Midrange hardware gets screwed with this game and UE4 in general. 

Well yes it was, but Squad wasn't released september 2013 when I bought it and the CPU / GPU is from may 2013.

But then again UE4 is a new born baby and backports take time. First you make a game, as you say, good cards can brute force through, then you optimize.

Give it time, as I said before, what we see now / what happens is 2 years in a closed studio environment for any big title.