Jump to content
Silverspeed

Squad similar in many ways with Arma 3( in a negative way)

Recommended Posts

Arma 3 sucks hard...

 

And not only because the perfomance issues, but the player base... and the terrible mix of Grand Theft Auto style with modern warfare... Arma 3 is the main reason why I found the lovely PR community (And now Squad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sergeant.Roland. said:

Arma 3 sucks hard...

 

And not only because the perfomance issues, but the player base... and the terrible mix of Grand Theft Auto style with modern warfare... Arma 3 is the main reason why I found the lovely PR community (And now Squad)

The Arma community used to be so nice before all the life mods etc Clans and units had open servers where people played tactically, active admins. It was great, then the DayZ and Life mods came along and all went downhill.

I still have fun with Arma, Playing with my buddies on a private server. Only downside to Arma is the need to find a group and downloading mods to get the preferred experience. PR and Squad is great to just jump in and get a decent experience(even though it seems Squad public matches have decreased in quality lately due to influx of new people not knowing what to do)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My specs are:

 

gtx 750ti

AMD FX 6300

8gb ram

 

Its not a high end system by any stretch of the imagination, but surely it should be able to run a game like Squad at 40fps with low settings. Even Arma 3 runs better on my PC. And they said the update helps AMD CPUs, but it just made it worse. Dont get me wrong, I love the game, I just wish I could play it properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gaz.Spencer said:

My specs are:

 

gtx 750ti

AMD FX 6300

8gb ram

 

Its not a high end system by any stretch of the imagination, but surely it should be able to run a game like Squad at 40fps with low settings. Even Arma 3 runs better on my PC. And they said the update helps AMD CPUs, but it just made it worse. Dont get me wrong, I love the game, I just wish I could play it properly.

You are probably suffering most on teh GPU side now not the CPU. 

 

We simply haven't gotten to that optimization yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rybec said:

There always needs to be positive and negative feedback on a product.

Even if it's a dumb post where some guy goes "I uninstalled, you guys are terrible!", any team worth a damn would go "Okay, now why'd he not like what we're doing and is it something we need to change? How do we do it?"

 

Negative feedback is ALWAYS important.

I agree with you,on some part thou,but if your spewing negativity,crying like a spoilt brat in every thread then,thats not constructive feedback,in my eyes.

 

Here,this thread is constructive feedback...Our community working with the DEVs!

Not like most threads around here,folks thinking they can do a better job & make better decisions than our DEVs *lmfao*. If you think you can,make your own game,clever clogs!.

 

@Rybec this isn't aimed at you personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who likes what BIS are doing with Arma 3 during last couple of years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hashbrown said:

You don't want people to say it's alpha yet you're here bitching about a game that's not even close to release having fps problems...

I am not bitching, I am criticizing bad decisions. They could fix FPS problem if they really wanted to. What I would and wouldn't do if I was a developer:

1. I wouldn't test my game at high-end machines for 5000$. I would test my game on average PC.
2. Considering there is a big problem with animation system and sound system, and everyone know about it, I would limit maximum amount of players on the server to 40 and made it possible to play only on the small conquest maps where flags are close to each other.
3. Again, considering FPS problems I would never release update with scopes for non-americans or some useless "vehicle" update which no one really uses before I fixed actual FPS, sound and crash problems.
4. I would consider adding fog to limit players distance of view, like in BF2(it would increase FPS drastically for everyone). Obviously, animations of players models would be calculated only for players which are inside this area:

battlefield-2-20051205104815629-000.jpg

 

40 people on the server + smaller maps + fog + calculate animation only for people inside the visible area would increase FPS drastically. If I get 20-50 FPS at the moment, I would get at least 50-200 FPS with that kind of solution.

 

11 hours ago, Hashbrown said:

We are playing a stage of a game that is usually behind doors at some AAA studio.

 

Haha, you're wrong, again. BF2/3/4 was in the worse state after official release than Squad at the current moment.

 

11 hours ago, Hashbrown said:

Right now you are seeing all the shit the devs have to do to make the game. Not to mention it's their first damn game on new freaking engine.

I can understand that there should be some problems in alpha version but what I can't understand is some updates which include fancy stuff to attract people who haven't played the game yet: 4x ACOG sights, "vehicle" update, player model skins fixes etc.

The one and only priority should be performance and stability, and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

The one and only priority should be performance and stability, and nothing more.

 

I'm not much into IT or anything more complicated than "how to build a PC". However, I believe the traditional trend, when it comes to developing, is performance and stability come in the Beta, once the core parts of the game have been established. 

In which case, the way you think things should be going is the other way around :) 

No offense intended here, just trying to clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

Nah 60 is enough, that we can wait rite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

Confirmed the game will never be optimized :((((((((((((

 

are u saying when the game is a few year old when everyone has better hardware.....

 

were not asking for 100fps. 

 

At at least around 40 fps on 100 player servers with decent settings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Silverspeed said:

I get the same vibes as Arma 3 .. People complained over performance since

Alpha release(2013) Arma 3 and the answer back then was: "Guys relax this is just an  Alpha version things will get much better in the future.. Now 3 years after the initial Arma 3 release game still runs like crap..

Eh? That isn't even remotely true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

but i get once 101 fps on logar with 60 Players  in v5 ... ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think what this thread is trying to get across is we just want it playable at the lowest settings. The forced foliage i understand why its there ,but as of rn it isn't that big a deal to use it as concealment  at the moment and a option turn grass off completely or to a minimal would be nice and stop most of the bitching

 

Edited by Dr. Krieger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr. Krieger said:

i think what this thread is trying to get across is we just want it playable at the lowest settings. The forced foliage i understand why its there ,but as of rn it isn't that big a deal to use it as concealment  at the moment and a option turn grass off completely or to a minimal would be nice and stop most of the bitching

 

 

No, that would just invite more bitching from the crowd who thinks everyone should have $3000 computers, and complaints about the always present but seldom proven 'foliage exploiters'.

 

Milsim communities are probably the most toxic that i've ever encountered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was the biggest hack in DF2, people turning off grass, foilage and smoke. lol 

  I hate to say it, if your computer doesn't have an AMD fx 8000 series / i5 2500 series or higher; you might need to upgrade your CPU/Mobo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to comment on this topic about the arma. Arma or operation flashpoints engine is that way its not just the arma 3 game that is in alpha or anything like that.  they cant ever fix the engine on arma its been like that since the first flashpoint game. What comes to squad they have their limits and they need to make some flexible choices to get it work and it will! Also the engine itself is pretty good. Not sure if u get the point but anyways :D I really love the arma series and have played them years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ArmA 3 displays vast distances, (relatively) high res textures, animations etc.

 

There is a limit to how much any current (commercial consumer) hardware can compute/ draw. I doubt it's optimization or engine. I think ArmA 3 is bursting at the seams with optimization.

 

And I don't really like the game btw. Cursed mods...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, artemas said:

Milsim communities are probably the most toxic that i've ever encountered.

You obviously have never played Dota/CS/CoD. The most toxic community where the barrier to entry is the lowest and where the system requierements is the lowest. CoD/CS/Dota have very low system requiements and very low barrier to entry and as a result: tonns of school sports, cattle heads etc.

 

Spoiler

I could drop about 100(or 1000) videos from that 3 games with no problems. How many videos like that you can find about Squad? I know, squad community is very small at the moment and the game is very young but I don't think you can find even one video like that.

 

Simulators and complex games like BF1942/2/PR/Squad/Heroes&Generals/Arma/etc have one of the highest barriers to entry and one of the highest system requirements. I believe the highest barrier to entry is in the Avia Simulators(War Thunder Simulator Mode, for examle) because you have to have specific hardware(Flight joystick, trackir) and you have to know what you're doing with that hardware meaning mostly only adults 25+ playing that stuff. Average age in Squad pretty high as well. Usually I meet cool adequate people 20+ in Squad...

 

I really like Squad community. It has future.

Edited by KulaGGin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2016 at 1:27 PM, chaz69 said:

 

  I hate to say it, if your computer doesn't have an AMD fx 8000 series / i5 2500 series or higher; you might need to upgrade your CPU/Mobo. 

ya im running a fx4100 and the thing kicks ass for how cheap you can get them plus you can run a solid 40-60fps on  most games so long as you have a decent card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 2:44 PM, KulaGGin said:

Can you explain why do you release update with ACOG 4x zoom for non-americans and then a month later you release update with useless machine gun instead of trying to solve the problem with animation system which cause FPS performance problems for everyone including people with high-end machines?

 

I don't want to see any new scopes, skins, nations, vehicles or anything new at all before you fix your current problems like low FPS, bad visibility, sound problems, crashes etc. Stop adding new things to the game before you fix current problems!

 

Just gonna post a link to this here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 0:45 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

What do you mean? i get 100+ fps all the time..

 

Then again i am a super duper builder :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

What do you mean? i get 100+ fps all the time..

 

Then again i am a super duper builder :)

On a 72-men server? I seriously doubt that. Record 10-minute gameplay and post it. Even people with skylakes&1080's can't get stable 100+ FPS in Squad on 72-men servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

On a 72-men server? I seriously doubt that. Record 10-minute gameplay and post it. Even people with skylakes&1080's can't get stable 100+ FPS in Squad on 72-men servers.

and it's absolutely nothing to do with your GPU and everything to do with our Game Thread binding your CPU. Optimizing GPU side isn't going to gain us any frames right now on a 72 players server. If the GPU is faster the Game thread it just idles no matter what you do as there is nothing to draw.

 

Our future optimizations will focus on optimizing the game thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2016 at 0:13 PM, Tilen said:

ArmA 3 displays vast distances, (relatively) high res textures, animations etc.

 

There is a limit to how much any current (commercial consumer) hardware can compute/ draw. I doubt it's optimization or engine. I think ArmA 3 is bursting at the seams with optimization.

 

And I don't really like the game btw. Cursed mods...

Its ArmA's engine. All their games are built on customized versions of the old school Operation flashpoint game engine, Real Virtuality. The engine has a lot of limitations that affect over all performance, gameplay elements etc

ArmA just needs a fresh new engine built. Not a customized version of a 15 year old engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dubs said:

Its ArmA's engine. All their games are built on customized versions of the old school Operation flashpoint game engine, Real Virtuality. The engine has a lot of limitations that affect over all performance, gameplay elements etc

ArmA just needs a fresh new engine built. Not a customized version of a 15 year old engine.

Yes your correct, it does.

However Bohemia, has finished new graphics render engine, and is working on other new engines, as we speak.

 

Still a decent game given some of the limits. A new sound engine is being designed now.

These may or may not be added to the arma generation.

 

Many of us still enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×