Silverspeed

Squad similar in many ways with Arma 3( in a negative way)

i mean, is anyone here with a really ultra high end rig ? i dont mean like high end, i mean like the real shit ! something you could timetravel with ! and how much fps do you get ?

oh and what about ''Mantle'' for AMD ? would this be possible ? 

Edited by Prod.

4 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

If anyone is waiting for 100fps.. They are going to be disappointed.. At least until the game is a few years old

Can you explain why do you release update with ACOG 4x zoom for non-americans and then a month later you release update with useless machine gun instead of trying to solve the problem with animation system which cause FPS performance problems for everyone including people with high-end machines?

I don't want to see any new scopes, skins, nations, vehicles or anything new at all before you fix your current problems like low FPS, bad visibility, sound problems, crashes etc. Stop adding new things to the game before you fix current problems!

And stop saying "oh, it's an alpha. It will be better in the future". You have already charged people, they've already paid you money and you got it. I completely understand you guys developing Squad after your day job, but if you have time to release useless machine gun updates you should have time to release FPS fix updates.

Edited by KulaGGin

16 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

And stop saying "oh, it's an alpha. It will be better in the future".

Well, but it is and it will be?

You have already charged people, they've already paid you money and you got it.

No shit. But there's a difference between alpha and a 1.0 release,  that's common sense, duh. Should have read what it is currently before you have bought it (reading seems to hard nowadays it seems)

I'm out.

The point I believe about the machine gun is it paves the way for the same weapon on top of a Humvee or Hilux, it may be the case that some of the recent issues stem from the .50 - if that is the case it's nice if it's caught now with 'useless' machine guns - just imagine with 10 vehicles driving round the map with .50s.

I, like you, sometimes wonder about the development priority but I have learnt to sit and watch and wait - and hope that the developers succeed in finishing the game as 50v50 combined arms (Steam shop page easily misunderstood sales text)  before it is outdated.

Please just sit back play something else and try hard to resist the strong temptation to be negative, very critical or flaming etc. as I suspect it achieves absolutely nothing right now except increase the chance that a dev gives up.

Sorry Silverspeed, , but i got with the latest patch a better performance. 

All the time i had to play with ~ 20 / 25 FPS and now 35 - 40.

Very satisfied! ^_^

I suspect the development priority are influenced by who is available and working on what, if a texture guy is working who can't help with the larger animaitions or other issues they might as well put his work in rather than leave it sitting somewhere?

It's like you're building a house you've just put the roof on the empty concrete walls - if a front gate maker turns up you'll use him even though its not a priority like windows but it is a job done though.

47 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

Can you explain why do you release update with ACOG 4x zoom for non-americans and then a month later you release update with useless machine gun instead of trying to solve the problem with animation system which cause FPS performance problems for everyone including people with high-end machines?

I don't want to see any new scopes, skins, nations, vehicles or anything new at all before you fix your current problems like low FPS, bad visibility, sound problems, crashes etc. Stop adding new things to the game before you fix current problems!

And stop saying "oh, it's an alpha. It will be better in the future". You have already charged people, they've already paid you money and you got it. I completely understand you guys developing Squad after your day job, but if you have time to release useless machine gun updates you should have time to release FPS fix updates.

You don't want people to say it's alpha yet you're here bitching about a game that's not even close to release having fps problems.... It's obvious you don't understand what alpha is and I don't even know why people like you even join alphas. We are playing a stage of a game that is usually behind doors at some AAA studio. Right now you are seeing all the shit the devs have to do to make the game. Not to mention it's their first damn game on new freaking engine. Either get some patience or don't come back for a couple months or years idc

13 minutes ago, ploddit said:

I suspect the development priority are influenced by who is available and working on what, if a texture guy is working who can't help with the larger animaitions or other issues they might as well put his work in rather than leave it sitting somewhere?

It's like you're building a house you've just put the roof on the empty concrete walls - if a front gate maker turns up you'll use him even though its not a priority like windows but it is a job done though.

well, if thats the case, this is going nowhere ! 

i like your example with the house ! but i feel like the used the wrong guy for the wrong job ! so its rubbish....for example, the roof doesnt fit on the walls, the door got placed upside down, and so on.......you feel me ?

every update has the purpose to get closer to the final product (just like the house exmaple) ! so this update was just rubbish and a bad job.......and IMO people are allowed to be mad!

on the other hand it wouldnt be a problem if the developers would just agree and say that they fuckd up instead of having excuses! everyone makes mistakes, no problem with that, if you realize it!

Ignore this thread devs, keep up the good work!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carmikaze said:

No shit. But there's a difference between alpha and a 1.0 release,  that's common sense, duh. Should have read what it is currently before you have bought it (reading seems to hard nowadays it seems)

I'm out.

Good news!! Please stay out of this thread .

Guys if you are not able to take some critique then stay home, quit you job and lock yourself inside..
Why so ptotective? I  really want this game to be a success but we need to be honest sometimes and show our disappointment when things go wrong. I wish the devs all the best , honestly!

Edited by Silverspeed

Some people are expecting high FPS on a litteral test-version of an unreleased game lol. It's a test for a reason, and the current playerbase is needed to give constructive feedback to the developers. We are not playing a finished product, things like these is litterally what we signed up for when we purchased the Squad alpha. We are litterally testing a game on bugs and new features, ofcourse we are not going to get a good FPS (tho i got like 40-60 on my pc overall).

Also, for those who found the update "underwhelming". You should read through the forums a bit and you will see what it actually took to be able to even get a .50 emplacement to work without completely lagging out the game and server. They litterally had to rewrite the engine's netcode from scratch, which takes a damn long time and alot of hard, tiring work.

Now this has been fixed, the devs can actually start doing what they want, the .50 emplacements are in fact the first "vehicle" tests for this game, they work the same way, except they're stationary.

In short, less whining more testing!

Edited by Guan_Yu007

24 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Some people are expecting high FPS on a litteral test-version of an unreleased game lol. It's a test for a reason, and the current playerbase is needed to give constructive feedback to the developers. We are not playing a finished product, things like these is litterally what we signed up for when we purchased the Squad alpha. We are litterally testing a game on bugs and new features, ofcourse we are not going to get a good FPS (tho i got like 40-60 on my pc overall).

Also, for those who found the update "underwhelming". You should read through the forums a bit and you will see what it actually took to be able to even get a .50 emplacement to work without completely lagging out the game and server. They litterally had to rewrite the engine's netcode from scratch, which takes a damn long time and alot of hard, tiring work.

Now this has been fixed, the devs can actually start doing what they want, the .50 emplacements are in fact the first "vehicle" tests for this game, they work the same way, except they're stationary.

In short, less whining more testing!

we know that this is not a finished product ! we are just saying that this update was shit, which it is ! 

hard work doesnt always mean good work ! take this update as an example ! the 50. cal is cool bro, i like the sound ! but everytime i see player models sitting and floating around man, when i use it i always start 90degrees to the right, i mean come on man!

and like silverspeed said : i wish the devs all the best ! 

this is no offense, but people get pissd off if you denie everything and look for excuses......! on the ingame-menu it says : .........performance improvements for both general players and specifically AMD CPUs......! please devs delete this ingame info message !

In my opinion and from my experience Arma 3 is well optimized, much much better than Arma 2. For now ArmA is running much better than Squad.

7 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Really mate,you need to take a break & STOP spewing negativity.

There always needs to be positive and negative feedback on a product.

Even if it's a dumb post where some guy goes "I uninstalled, you guys are terrible!", any team worth a damn would go "Okay, now why'd he not like what we're doing and is it something we need to change? How do we do it?"

Negative feedback is ALWAYS important.

2 hours ago, carmikaze said:

I'm out.

How'd you get that kick-ass title?

2 hours ago, Neflan said:

Sorry Silverspeed, , but i got with the latest patch a better performance. 

All the time i had to play with ~ 20 / 25 FPS and now 35 - 40.

Very satisfied! ^_^

Same here. Game runs way better for me.

54 minutes ago, Rybec said:

Negative feedback is ALWAYS important.

Problem with threads like these is, there is no feedback in them. Nothing in the OP's post is feedback, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Skymo said:

I feel like i7 CPUs have much better performance than more modern i5 CPUs.

Well, about the time Squad is going to be released I will hopefully be finishing my studies and can afford a good pc with the moneyz I hope to make. :D

My game is fully playable on an i5-2500k. In combat in 1080 resolution on epic settings  my lowest is 40-45 FPS, but for the most part I sit in the 50-70 range.

In my opinion and from my experience Arma 3 is well optimized, much much better than Arma 2. For now ArmA is running much better than Squad.

I would certainly hope so, since arma is a complete game that has already had many post release patches

39 minutes ago, Thr34t said:

My game is fully playable on an i5-2500k. In combat in 1080 resolution on epic settings  my lowest is 40-45 FPS, but for the most part I sit in the 50-70 range.

Can you post your settings here? I have 30 FPS in combat and mostly 40...

10 hours ago, Prod. said:

well, thats what i call honest ! how about 60fps on low settings ? or atleast 50

THAT.. might be a bit more reasonable.. 

1 hour ago, Thr34t said:

we did some comparisons (with my i7 and a QA members i5) and the same video card GTX970 and there was definitely a large difference in draw time.   He had 10ms or more where my i7 would be at 1 or 2 ms 

Honestly we were pretty surprised at the variance.