Jump to content
Black_Hawk

How are you going to fix Players + Vehicles

Recommended Posts

Is this how it's gonna go when vehicles are realeased.

 

That one guy with no mic runs to a vehicle and takes of without any of his squad mates or anything and tries to Rambo it and rushes straight into the enemy and dies with the vehicle. 5-10 or whatever minutes response for vehicle causing a major disadvantage.

 

how are you going to fix it? 

 

Wondering whats gonna happen when vehicles are released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rambo will have a hard time getting in the vehcile when it won't allow him without the squad leaders approval and/or a driver kit. 

 

Rambo will be sad.. Standing around waiting for a vehicle he can't even get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Rambo will have a hard time getting in the vehcile when it won't allow him without the squad leaders approval and/or a driver kit. 

 

Rambo will be sad.. Standing around waiting for a vehicle he can't even get. 

Squad leader approval. I like th sound of that. Sounds like it will be more advanced than the PR system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be a worth while feature that if a vehicle driver gets booted from the squad they get kicked out of the vehicle too. A defence mechanism against anyone who dicks around after usage approval.

I'm sure this has already been considered though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Saracen Rush said:

It may be a worth while feature that if a vehicle driver gets booted from the squad they get kicked out of the vehicle too. A defence mechanism against anyone who dicks around after usage approval.

I'm sure this has already been considered though.

well right now if you get kicked you loose your kit and only get two mags. as you need a driver kit to drive the vehicle i kinda would expect that you cannot use the vehivle anymore after getting kicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vehicles ? Guys, i play assetto corsa.......... i got this.....just let me drive ! imma drift dat humvee out of the danger zone !!!!

 

 

just curious, would it be possible to use my g27 ? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris1980 said:

well right now if you get kicked you loose your kit and only get two mags. as you need a driver kit to drive the vehicle i kinda would expect that you cannot use the vehivle anymore after getting kicked.

I doubt you'll need a driver kit for basic vehicles like humvees otherwise you'll either need dedicated humvee(and other small vehicles) drivers which is a waste of players. or you'd need one guy with the driver which gets very basic equipment and is then useless for combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chompster said:

I doubt you'll need a driver kit for basic vehicles like humvees otherwise you'll either need dedicated humvee(and other small vehicles) drivers which is a waste of players. or you'd need one guy with the driver which gets very basic equipment and is then useless for combat.

 

Perhaps driver kit will be just for role purposes and so he might get the same equipment as a standard rifleman, I'd guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zenrique said:

 

Perhaps driver kit will be just for role purposes and so he might get the same equipment as a standard rifleman, I'd guess.

Bingo. Noone said you need to nerf the driver. In fact that would make little sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Bingo. Noone said you need to nerf the driver. In fact that would make little sense

That would still require you to always have someone with a driver kit for if you happen to have or find a vehicle.

 

And I believe that last I heard was that picking up kits won't be a thing, so if he dies and can't be revived you're shit out of luck and have to abandon your vehicle which isn't optimal. 

 

SL assigning drivers might be a better alternative if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chompster said:

That would still require you to always have someone with a driver kit for if you happen to have or find a vehicle.

 

I'm not sure but if they handle it like PR, but you can request always a driver kit on Vehicles (same for pilot kit/role).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking more about it, I start to lean on the idea of a different rule for avoiding lonewolves from using vehicles : what if it would be possible to drive a vehicle if you are in a squad? Imagine the situation where the squad was wiped out and just the SL and the HAT guy were left behind, and they need to use a vehicle to move to a place to regroup with the rest of the Squad after teu respawn at a distant fob, depending on how this driver kit rule works they will have to lose their limited kits and switch to another so they can drive, but that would be bad...

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humvees and non armoured vehicles shouldn't require kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2016 at 9:00 AM, IrOnTaXi said:

Rambo will have a hard time getting in the vehcile when it won't allow him without the squad leaders approval and/or a driver kit. 

 

Rambo will be sad.. Standing around waiting for a vehicle he can't even get. 

Well, if you will fix griefers, crubs, idiots, lamers and other birds, you're going to be the first developer ever do that. Good luck with that.

 

I remember good old BF2 times when you'd get shot with RPG in the engine of MiG-29 you just took on the airfield. Don't forget to fix this shit. I don't want to get shot by some school-sport who can't handle the fact that some other person took the jet.

To understand what I'm talking about watch this video:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think vehicles have the potential to ruin the game. Chances are they will make the game better but I dunno. Whats going to stop the group of teenage friends doing some random shit and flying over the mountains and sand dunes wasting tickets. I don't plan on getting ran over either. Hopefully the vehicles can be stopped with about 10 bullets, they might even add a repair role to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should not need a kit for light vehicles like technicals, trucks and so on but you could only drive it if your squad leader alows you to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if anyone has said this or thought of this, but I think that the animations with the vehicles will be like the ones in Far Cry. The developers of Squad want an open and fluid game unlike Arma which has animations and menus to go through. I was thinking of how you have to use the scroll wheel just to get up a ladder in Arma but in Squad you don't. You also have to get in vehicles with a menu in Arma, so I'm hoping you don't in Squad. It'd look pretty stupid if the enemy was aiming a rocket at the HMMWV and everyone just popped out real quick and they were just standing there facing straight in the opposite direction of the truck. It wouldn't ruin the game if it was like Arma, but it would spoil the immersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that heavy assets will require a crewman or pilot kit, and SLs will designate vehicle drivers whilst maintaining their normal kit - so presumably this will be done by the Squad Leader's menu, similar to kick member/promote to SL...

 

But how will OWNERSHIP of a vehicle be dealt with, to stop a designated driver of another squad coming along and stealing a Squad's vehicle, AND how would such a system allow for instances where one squad agrees to relinquish control of a vehicle and loan it to another squad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2016 at 6:05 PM, crispinbacon said:

I think vehicles have the potential to ruin the game. Chances are they will make the game better but I dunno. Whats going to stop the group of teenage friends doing some random shit and flying over the mountains and sand dunes wasting tickets. I don't plan on getting ran over either. Hopefully the vehicles can be stopped with about 10 bullets, they might even add a repair role to the game.

 

You don't want weak vehicles. The only sure way to stop the kind of play you describe is with an admin on the server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×