Sheriff Lawdawg

v6 update solid?

I've been waiting to buy this game because of the AMD cpu problem. I have gtx 970, fx 8350 and 16gb of ram. After v6 and the hotfix it sounds like people are still having many performance problems.. Plus there really isn't a solid performance forum. Whats the scoop? I want to actually be able to play it if i buy it

50 minutes ago, Sheriff Lawdawg said:

I've been waiting to buy this game because of the AMD cpu problem. I have gtx 970, fx 8350 and 16gb of ram. After v6 and the hotfix it sounds like people are still having many performance problems.. Plus there really isn't a solid performance forum. Whats the scoop? I want to actually be able to play it if i buy it

i7 3770

8gb ram

gtx 960 4gb

1080p

W10

Before patch v6 45/50 fps, after v6 50/60 fps

i5 2320

8gb ram

gtx 670 4gb

1080p

w7

Getting about 35-45 fps on full servers with decent settings.

You are buying a early access game, that is very playable. Join the fight!

6 minutes ago, MauserGDog said:

You are buying a early access game, that is very playable. Join the fight!

Yes but he has an AMD fx8350 same as Zhenya who can confirm that performance is still lacking at the moment. Probably best to keep checking in to see when it's improved enough to be nicely playable.

My bad, I glossed over the AMD part. AMD players are still playing though right? It's not like they are all sidelined.

Yeah some are good but I think it's the fx8350 guys and older gen suffering the most. I still don't think the game is utilising all GPUs as much as it should yet but I have not had a chance to check my GPU usage with the new updates sadly.

1 hour ago, MauserGDog said:

My bad, I glossed over the AMD part. AMD players are still playing though right? It's not like they are all sidelined.

Shit i havent been over 30 in a 72 man man server but i still play. Their are other rolls you can use without needed to shoot

lol ughhhh I'm so tempted to buy it and ride it out.... I'm sure devs actually had a decent performance improvement made for the game but it just didn't go accordingly. I couldn't imagine them taking another month to get v6 sorted out. 

Try it! You may be surprised at your own systems performance (or dissapointed). I hate to 'promote' it, but worst case scenario, there's always Steam refunds. Though I'd keep it, the game is incredible and going in the right direction, and the performance will only get better (well, we might have an occasional update where it may be worse, but that'd probably get hotfixed)

The AMD CPU bug/stutter issue due to audio lag has been eliminated. 

The general performance an all cards (I'd say except maybe 600 series) has been improved on most maps. (New maps simple aren't reliable while in development) 

My I5 970mwith 8gig now get about 45-50 fps. 

I don't expect the game will ever get much above 60fps. It's simply an 

Unreasonable expectation from this engine still under development on a large scale MP game

A 970 performs pretty well though and most of our optimization this last patch was around CPU. So those with weaker CPUs would have noticed more improvement than GPU weak systems. 

Any idea what performance I can expect with a gtx 750 ti and i5 4460? On wired Internet connection not wifi.

FX8350 and a ASUS Strix 970 here - not tested V6 yet but ive always maintained 40+ on mix of high/epic and some shadow stuff low - only issues Ive really had is audio lag.

Am on a intel 4770 4gb geforce 770 and I get 50-70fps dependant on the map being played on high

Hope that gives you some idea on what you can get :)

Edited by \SpecOE/ Sparky