Jump to content
Nordic

[M] MUMBLERINES TEAMWORK [ENG ONLY]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Feedback:

 

Played a game on Mumbler last night, which I am a regular when I can get on.

 

I had one of those games that, well lets just say I needed to walk around the room a few times due to the intensity of the battle we just had. i was a RPG guy in a random squad on Yehorivka with a full squad of [M] on the team so I knew this was going to be a hard hitting match for the enemy. Our squad rushed to village to set up a fob and to stop the enemy advancing through to the other caps. Incoming meat wagon with a full squad on, RPG on the way which resulted in many scattered bodies around the truck, perfect ambush. My SL instructed just me to head north of village and spot enemy moving in. I stayed readily awaiting with my RPG calling contacts around us for our squad mates moved in for the kills while I sat waiting for any enemy armour. Russians started to advance down the hill with armour in tow, in which I scored a hit on the 30mm, time to retreat for ammo. By this time [M] had moved in to support us and a vicious battle ensued to control the village. Excellent comms between our squad and the [M] guys calling out enemy and even formed a mini RPG hunter kill team with [M]Macke to take out a BTR. Unfortunately macke took a round to the face and my RPG shot went wild on the next 30mm but I had the uncontrollable urge to shout WOOOOO American style when the BTR was destroyed. I would of retreated after the first BTR but with Macke motivating ' COMON COMON, LETS GET THE OTHER ONE, ITS NOT OVER RANGER' , I felt this surge of confidence to follow macke :).

 

The village was surrounded 80% of the time with the Russians sneaking in causing havoc but with our squad and [M] we manage to flush out the rats taking out many armoured vehicles.

The game was nearing to an end but not with out a last hoorah from myself. SE petrivka had been taken by our side so [M] and our squad moved up. But for some reason this move was lost to me and I found that I was alone in the village with one other squad member hiding around the FOB. suddenly I hear this digging sound and a pesky Russian started to dig up the fob right in front of me. I shot him but then my team mate got taken out from our HMG location in the garage. I flipped on full out and put a burst into him, 2 more Russians came round the corner and emptied into them. My heart was pounding now realising I was on my own and I was making strange yelping noises helplessly asking for help but there was no one around. I ran into the next house hoping to compose myself and find out where to go when 2 more Russians stormed in. TATATATATATATA .... dead Russians everywhere. I announced to the team I have saved the fob and cleared the Russians out and started to make my way over to Se petrivka but then the game ended.

 

It was an amazing game, the constant fire fight at village was just incredible, watching the Russians charging down the field through the mist with armoured support just looked incredible. The local coms with our squad and [M] just made that game for me so thank you for one of the best games I have ever had.

 

Another thing I wanted to touch on. I have recently started to SL more now , only about 6 times so far but my experience with other SL on this server has helped me to adapt and overcome the barriers SL face. Baptism with fire type of thing really and most if not all SL I have dealt with have been clear and precise and helpful. Which has made my transition a lot easier and less daunting. I cant remember which [M] guy it is but always cracks me up giving other SL's a grilling to get there shit together ' I just want Yes or NO answers'  :D:D .

 

anyway,

 

long post but I had 30mins to burn at the end of my shift :D cheers M for a shit hot server.

 

Ranger.

 

Edited by Ranger Goo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey ranger goo, thanks for taking the time to write that. it's made all the admins very happy to hear you had such a great time on the server. hope to play with you soon :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

/hidden 3 posts

/unlocked the thread

 

This thread is about positive feedback and constructive criticism only, not for bashing or flaming!

Please also keep in mind the forum rules:

Section I: Posting Rules
§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.
§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.
§3 Swearing
While we will not strictly moderate every little swear that occurs, please try to avoid excessive bad language. The moderation reserves the right to remove rants and unsuitable content at any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh yeah chron, coming at us with fast and big steps xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2017 at 3:16 PM, Nordic said:

Oooh yeah chron, coming at us with fast and big steps xD


Got be be honest I was really high when posted and thought March was May - Easy mistake I guess, they both begin with the same letter...

:$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, tried to join server today because it was the only ENG server with low ping at the time, was still banned, only one day ban huh. Looks like some mod got salty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, No Daddy ItHurtz said:

By the way, tried to join server today because it was the only ENG server with low ping at the time, was still banned, only one day ban huh. Looks like some mod got salty



Nope! Probably just me messing up when I synced the bans from both servers earlier, linux servers have a nasty habit of making big nasty whitespaces in the ban list which makes my script **** up sometime when I have manually banned someone by entering a row.

You're unbanned on both servers now, takes effect after mapchange though so might have to wait 30-40 mins as of this post.


Regards, Nordic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was actually the first server that I got into when I hopped in on the free weekend before purchasing the game. This crew is part of what sold me on the game. My SL was really friendly and helped me get my feet wet on learning the medic class. 

 

It's awesome that the veterans present here were so helpful. Thanks for getting me started =) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice to hear you had a good free weekend experience. thanks for taking the time to leave the positive feedback :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To anyone experiencing high queue waiting times....

 

The admins are doing all they can to minimize the actual wait time. We constantly monitor for afk players and kick them, so it's always worth sticking around in the queue.

 

You can also join our discord mumblerines.com/discord and ask to be pinged when there is a map change.

Edited by hexx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admins should really stop with random server kicks (for no reason), gameplay quality is dropping. Server team, pay attention to whom you give the rights to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lain Iwakura said:

Admins should really stop with random server kicks (for no reason), gameplay quality is dropping. Server team, pay attention to whom you give the rights to

We're sorry to hear that. Please direct your complaint on the admin towards Nordic or Von Snoe.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/profile/15056-nordic/

You can also find us on our discord at: https://discord.gg/pWyvxrg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i join a stryker as gunner, the driver disconnects after a while and i get banned for one day for soloing a vehicle, nice, really...

 

I8CZK.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

so i join a stryker as gunner, the driver disconnects after a while and i get banned for one day for soloing a vehicle, nice, really...



Unfortunate, but why didn't you make sure to get a 2nd crew member when he DC:ed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nordic said:



Unfortunate, but why didn't you make sure to get a 2nd crew member when he DC:ed?

 

we were suppposed to push forward on the enemy flag while the rest of the SQUAD would secure the surrounding.

we were also already under attack and there was no time to do anything.

 

the stryker got destroyed shortly after so the time i had actually spent alone in the vehicle was pretty short.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

 

we were suppposed to push forward on the enemy flag while the rest of the SQUAD would secure the surrounding.

we were also already under attack and there was no time to do anything.

 

the stryker got destroyed shortly after so the time i had actually spent alone in the vehicle was pretty short.

 



Ah, yeah I get why you got banned, this happen a lot and our most common bans lately, sometimes I guess we can be hot on the money because 99% of the times it's correct.

(I obviously removed the ban)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So was playing a squad game. My squad had built a superfob on police station and had defended it for the whole game. So the other squads take the next cap in palace and proceed to attack the next capable flags. But my squad still stay in police station to defend our superfob since we are still getting attacked and we want to secure our only spawnable fob. Meanwhile the mod pakovic or whatever his name is is blasting me on squad mic to get out of police station, he called me some names. But i decide to stay on the superfob in case our team loses the next cap and they have to fall back to our fob. But no, i get kicked after some warnings from the mod Bahman for not playing the objective. Now, having a spawnable fob and defending it when you are getting attacked is playing the objective if you ask me, but no i get kicked, mind you we were already halfway to the next cap when i got kicked so i was following orders. 

I rejoin and lo and behold our team lost the next cap so they need to fall back to our superfob that i built, but too bad the enemies took it out because we were forced by the mods the leave it. Now i did swear at Bahman one time after all this which he then banned me for one month. Having the mod decide what playing the objective is, when he is totally wrong is stupid. I hope you lost that game due to not being able to defend police station 

 

Tl Dr> got banned for playing the objective and swearing at the mod, all while this other mod was swearing at me.

Some mods really ruin this server which is a good server, ive talked to a lot of people who have same issues with your Bahman as a mod. Just wanted to share

Edited by xControl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the name of the server is mumblerines teamwork.  you are expected to work together with the team and not passive aggressively undermine your team which is what you were doing by not helping them with the current objectives (flags actually in play).

screenshots taken by an admin:

Xcontrol_PTFO.png

Xcontrol_PTFO2.png

I'm not going to get into a longwinded debate with you. all I can say is that ignoring requests to help the team with the current objectives so that they could be (and in this case were) forced to fall back is not what we consider teamwork. we also don't tolerate you getting abusive with the admins. therefore you were banned for 1 month from the server to familiarize yourself with our rules and consider how you are going to play. if you don't agree with how we run the server you can go and play on a different server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I will play on a different server dont you worry. As i said defending the only spawnable fob on the map is called teamwork if you ask me. And the fact that you lost palace and had no hab up and half the team were forced to respawn on main just proves my point. But i know there is no point arguing with the mods in your server, bye and good luck.

 

EDit: dont forget your admin was very abusive too in squad mic. 

Edited by xControl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xControl said:

I will play on a different server dont you worry. As i said defending the only spawnable fob on the map is called teamwork if you ask me. And the fact that you lost palace and had no hab up and half the team were forced to respawn on main just proves my point. But i know there is no point arguing with the mods in your server, bye and good luck.

 

Have you ever considered that maybe the reason why they lost palace and the HAB was because they were one squad short against the enemy? This shit happens all the time with incompetent SLs, they sit on a flag that's no longer active, claiming that they're "defending it in case we lost the defensive flag", which is just a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course you're going to lose the flag if you're one squad short.

 

If you're on the offense and steamrolling the enemy, it is better to push forward and keep taking/holding flags. You can sacrifice the odd FOB here and there, and they can be rebuilt(Maybe in a position better suited to reinforce the front line). In fact, if you need to keep a full squad back on defense on a FOB, you're usually better off just abandoning it. A FOB under attack is not a good FOB to reinforce from, as your forces have to move through enemy fire to even get to the active objective. Hunkering down inside a SuperFOB just leads to higher casualties and a bad spawn position. Instead, you push out and engage the enemy away from the FOB so that they can't get anywhere near it, which also makes it a safe spawn.

 

In short, every single thing you did was probably to the detriment of your team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

 

Have you ever considered that maybe the reason why they lost palace and the HAB was because they were one squad short against the enemy? This shit happens all the time with incompetent SLs, they sit on a flag that's no longer active, claiming that they're "defending it in case we lost the defensive flag", which is just a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course you're going to lose the flag if you're one squad short.

 

If you're on the offense and steamrolling the enemy, it is better to push forward and keep taking/holding flags. You can sacrifice the odd FOB here and there, and they can be rebuilt(Maybe in a position better suited to reinforce the front line). In fact, if you need to keep a full squad back on defense on a FOB, you're usually better off just abandoning it. A FOB under attack is not a good FOB to reinforce from, as your forces have to move through enemy fire to even get to the active objective. Hunkering down inside a SuperFOB just leads to higher casualties and a bad spawn position. Instead, you push out and engage the enemy away from the FOB so that they can't get anywhere near it, which also makes it a safe spawn.

 

In short, every single thing you did was probably to the detriment of your team.

Thats your personal opinion. We were under attack by enemy squad in our superfob so our team was not one squad short because there was an enemy squad attack us. I judged the situation in palace not to be stable so i wanted to play the safe way and just defend our fob. 

Edited by xControl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)


@xcontrol well we have to agree to disagree, but on mumblerines we consider one squad trying to enact a self fulfilling prophecy of defeat by withdrawing it's support on the front line attack and defence objectives a violation of our teamwork ethos. I'm sure the team could have coordinated a new spawn point if you had been willing to participate in the teamwork and not only acted how you saw fit while disregarding the other SLs.

 

we also allow SLs freedom to communicate how they see fit (within obvious no sexism/racism/homophopia/etc) guidelines, so if a SL is annoyed with another SL, I think it's within the game's realism to expect some profanity depending on the SLs personality, so it shouldn't necessarily be considered abuse. we do not however tolerate any abusing admins when they are acting in a admin capacity. hope that clarifies.

Edited by hexx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hexx said:


@xcontrol well we have to agree to disagree, but on mumblerines we consider one squad trying to enact a self fulfilling prophecy of defeat by withdrawing it's support on the front line attack and defence objectives a violation of our teamwork ethos. I'm sure the team could have coordinated a new spawn point if you had been willing to participate in the teamwork and not only acted how you saw fit while disregarding the other SLs.

 

we also allow SLs freedom to communicate how they see fit (within obvious no sexism/racism/homophopia/etc) guidelines, so if a SL is annoyed with another SL, I think it's within the game's realism to expect some profanity depending on the SLs personality, so it shouldn't necessarily be considered abuse. we do not however tolerate any abusing admins when they are acting in a admin capacity. hope that clarifies.

Oh okay i see, abusing admins is not okay but abusing players is. Great server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×