Nordic

[M] MUMBLERINES TEAMWORK [ENG ONLY]

104 posts in this topic

For example, someone who is half way in a creak to stay low and in cover, which would be normal for most other games, would be kicked without warning for exploiting and only later learn from anyone who is willing to tell them that there is a bug with water in the game.

I can assure you this does not happen. Admins have admin cam and can overlook the situation. You don't.

Every single admin on our server are not in the top 1% of players in terms of skill in the game, but also have several hundreds of hours in said game and know what they're doing.

Another example is having [M] in a name when they aren't a Mumblerine, but could be part of a different, smaller group with the same abbreviation. Normally can be fixed with a simple request to change but instead will be kicked from the server without warning.

Yet I have never heard of such clan and in every case it's either been someone who thinks they're a part just because they're registered on our website or because they thought it was a normal thing to do. The tag is literally in the server name. Players who tag M and come to our server but are not a part of us is a great danger for our reputation.

Playing at Mumblerines is a privilege and we expect you to do your part in not breaking the rules.

I highly dislike this type of action personally since the game does not tell you what you were kicked for currently, and even if it did, I feel talking a situation out is much more healthy for communities than kicking/banning people without a chance. I'd also like to state that following the rules is a very confusing thing to say, since they only appear in-chat at random points in-game. It's not obvious how to find all the rules for the server and takes time to see them all, for the short amount of time they show. 

Most important rules are broadcasted every 5 minutes, for other rules the website is linked.

But the most simple thing is: Common sense.

I'm sorry you don't like our policy of kicking, but it's because of our policy we're popular. I'm not going to ask an admin whose playing the game to stop doing that to explain to some dumbass for 2 minutes why he's being a dumbass.

If you can't behave yourself like a common person and follow the rules (We don't even have hard rules to follow? It's literally common sense + playing the game?) we don't want you on the server. Simple. There's plenty of people in line to take your spot who will gladly follow them.

Perhaps we're just not the server for you mate.

2 hours ago, Kerri said:

They must be doing something right, because both of their servers (although something seems to have happened with the second, not sure if it's related to the pop being raised to 80) are always at maximum players, and I'd rather spend 10 minutes trying to get onto this server than try my luck with one of the other ones and have a good chance at a bad experience.

This is exactly the feeling we wanted when we launched the server so pleased to hear this :)

Second server being empty was mostly due to us not seeding it over christmas because some of our admins are not playing as much and thus increasing the risk of one server being "unmanned".

But it's back now! =)

I can assure you that the first thing has happened. Admin cams do not mean that the player knows it's an exploit at all. I still hold the firm belief that warnings should be much more prevalent for non-obvious things such as that. For someone accidentally putting [M] because they thought they were a part of group but weren't is a good example. Your admins immediately kick for that without warning instead of explaining to them, which leaves a horrible taste about the clan they may have been trying to join.

I feel that I am just not personally compatible with this type of moderation, as I feel it is too harsh and unreasonable. I understand that this is not too harsh or unreasonable for most as I've heard good things about the server, but it is something I feel is important to mention for those who don't like this way of moderation even if it seems silly to others.

I can assure you that the first thing has happened.

Provide evidence, thank you.

Admin cams do not mean that the player knows it's an exploit at all

Irrelevant.

For someone accidentally putting [M] because they thought they were a part of group but weren't is a good example. Your admins immediately kick for that without warning instead of explaining to them, which leaves a horrible taste about the clan they may have been trying to join.

Mumblerines are strictly invite only. Which is also said in the big ass "HOW TO BECOME A MUMBLERINE" on the website they registered on.

I feel that I am just not personally compatible with this type of moderation, as I feel it is too harsh and unreasonable. I understand that this is not too harsh or unreasonable for most as I've heard good things about the server, but it is something I feel is important to mention for those who don't like this way of moderation even if it seems silly to others.

That's fine, then I suggest you turn yourself to another server. We obviously have a fantastic thing going here and the vast majority of players enjoy it and it won't change.

Unless you've actually got evidence of my admins kicking for something wrong, please don't accuse them of something you cannot prove.

I feel we've discussed this topic enough now, have a nice day :)

From a moderation point of view, if you have issues with server admins on their own server, then please take discussion regarding this to the servers community website. Unless you feel that server license rules are being broken (which in this case they have not), then do not discuss such issues on this forum.

I've been on the server the past few days and have had a great time, I was in Bahmins'(sorry if I've spelt your name wrong) squad a couple times last night and it was great. I was also in Nordics and it was awesome (I played horribly though9_9 but he was chill about it). I've had great experiences with the mumblerines server and all of the members I've come across have been great. Loving the server so thanks for creating it :D

The admins on this server abuse their powers when a match don't go their way, kicking and banning the players. And when you try and appeal a ban, the admin that abused his power is the one with the final word, even though multiple people have the same opinion about the admin. His word will still be the law. 

Its just a joke on the way they dealt with this, got insults thrown at me and just terrible handling of the matter from the remaining admins, because one of their buddies acted like a child and is getting called out for it. 

1 minute ago, eskibro said:

The admins on this server abuse their powers when a match don't go their way, kicking and banning the players. And when you try and appeal a ban, the admin that abused his power is the one with the final word, even though multiple people have the same opinion about the admin. His word will still be the law. 

Its just a joke on the way they dealt with this, got insults thrown at me and just terrible handling of the matter from the remaining admins, because one of their buddies acted like a child and is getting called out for it. 

Would you like to provide some examples, please?

Just now, Tartantyco said:

Would you like to provide some examples, please?

Sure, We were in a match, which wasn't going our way. In the beginning of the game we were the spear of the team, trying to take very front points. But the game turned on us and we had to fall back to Gran Dell, but the enemey had already gotten a strong grip of it. After multiple of failed attempts trying to retake Gran Dell we needed a new plan of actions. Me being a SL hearing the other SLs reports, understood that we were also losing Village, making the only obvious plans of action, falling back to Nova Isle and making a final defense there.

However, this wasent what the admin of the server wanted the game to go like, and then started to threat people in my squad that if we didn't start moving up to Village, he would start kicking and banning us. I don't agree with his methods and decided to stay where I was, seeing as none of the other SLs was saying anything negative about this, rather giving my squad notice of incoming enemeis. But this ended up with me being kicked from the server, joining back in I see that the guy that took over the SL role got kicked aswell for just staying put, I was then later banned for making this final defense and what he says, "insulting him", telling him to shut up, because I didn't like his methods and want to hear him being unreasonable, only seeing one perspective. 

I then joined thier discord to appeal this ban, was then met by the abuser saying what he seen, and others throwing out insults that they quickly removed from the chat.

I was then struck with the answer that the abusers word is final and if I said anything else in their discord it would be looked as spam and I would be banned. (Which I was, even though I didn't say anything more.)

you got a 1 week ban from the server for not working with the other SLs and helping the team play the objectives. this ruins the game for the other 79 people playing the game.

you may disagree with the decision but we back our admin 100% in this matter and we won't argue over it. we will take a note of your complaint against the admin however.

you then came on to our discord to ask about the ban. you got the answer to your question, but you then continued to argue, which constitutes as spam and resulted in you being banned from the discord.

unfortunately, if you cannot work with other SLs on the server and spam our discord, this is what happens. 

after 1 week you are more than welcome to come back on the server, I suggest you go over our rules so you know exactly what we expect from players.

Also if you want I can unban you from our discord as long as you don't spam it.

best :)

2 minutes ago, hexx said:

you got a 1 week ban from the server for not working with the other SLs and helping the team play the objectives. this ruins the game for the other 79 people playing the game.

you may disagree with the decision but we back our admin 100% in this matter and we won't argue over it. we will take a note of your complaint against the admin however.

you then came on to our discord to ask about the ban. you got the answer to your question, but you then continued to argue, which constitutes as spam and resulted in you being banned from the discord.

unfortunately, if you cannot work with other SLs on the server and spam our discord, this is what happens. 

after 1 week you are more than welcome to come back on the server, I suggest you go over our rules so you know exactly what we expect from players.

Also if you want I can unban you from our discord as long as you don't spam it.

best :)

This isen't true though, and you even had another person join the discord with the same complaint.

Is what I wrote, a sign of not working with the other SLs or helping the team play the objective? 

If you want to command a game, take your clan memebers, put them in a passworded server and command. I did not break a single rule, all I did was predict the game and came to the conclusion that we had to make a final defense at Nova Isle, rather then just a cluster **** in Village.

The fact that you take a none SL word for the commincation in the command chat is just ridiculous. 

I don't go the police to report a abuse of a police officer, to get the same police officer to tell me that I'm wrong.

The way you are dealing with this is just in the awful, and shows that you don't give a shit about how the admins you have use thier powers.

I'm sure there is ointment for the level of butt hurt occurring here

The server admins do a good job on these servers and keep the games smooth, banning trolls and idiots.

Never not had a good experience, the only problem being they are so popular we can't get a full fhc squad on there.

7 hours ago, eskibro said:

This isen't true though, and you even had another person join the discord with the same complaint.

Is what I wrote, a sign of not working with the other SLs or helping the team play the objective? 

If you want to command a game, take your clan memebers, put them in a passworded server and command. I did not break a single rule, all I did was predict the game and came to the conclusion that we had to make a final defense at Nova Isle, rather then just a cluster **** in Village.

The fact that you take a none SL word for the commincation in the command chat is just ridiculous. 

I don't go the police to report a abuse of a police officer, to get the same police officer to tell me that I'm wrong.

The way you are dealing with this is just in the awful, and shows that you don't give a shit about how the admins you have use thier powers.

Here's what's true:

Admin saw friendlies setting up a FOB and playing minecraft on a uncapable objective while they still were struggling for defense on another.

Your mindset of this what "I think they're gonna lose it" - at this point it was still defended but close to being overrun.

Well of course it's going to get lost if 9/40 people (That's 25% of the team) is sitting and doing NOTHING of value on an uncapable objective.

That's like punching your teammates in the face and that is NOT playing the game and it certainly isn't teamwork. Wanna read that server name of ours again?

Admin thus kicked your as you were harming the teams performance, a 100% correct decision.

If you want to play against your team and do stupid things be my guest, but you won't on our server. People come to our server because we maintain a high class of teamwork and playing the game, not FOBcrafting. If someone is disturbing that they will be removed from the server as stated very much in our rules.

To cry admin abuse or to say that if he wants to command he should go on a passworded server is the most effient way to show that our admin made a fantastic decision. You weren't doing your job as an SL, you weren't working with your team (Again, read the server name, I am PRETTY sure there's a "teamwork" in there.) and you got punished for it. Right now you're just being a little child.

For your information our admin wrote about the incident in our private admin channel and everyone agreed it was a proper decision made, ESPECIALLY with how you acted now this simply show you were being a dumbass and made a shitty decision and now you're all upset we won't let you ruin our servers games.

(For your information, village was never lost, your fobbing on Nova Isle was COMPLETELY useless.)

Should you decide to come back after your weeks ban I recommend you play on the objectives and help your team, if not - feel free not to come back to our servers.

Regards, Nordic

Just to add my two cents about the server administration. I got issued a one month ban last week without any warning because I was driving a 2 seat vehicle alone (I had authorization from my SL btw). When I tried to appeal for my ban on discord, I was told "wasting assets" was the reason of my ban while I was playing the game, communicating with my squad and even supporting the admin squad (which may have injured some of their member unwillingly).

At the very least you could warn people before issuing a ban for such a long period of time.

If you're going to post a comment I prefer you add the actual happening:
You were driving a rocket technical and stood on the east side 100 meter from the flag of North East Petrivka on Yeho 2.

You launched all your rockets towards friendlies wounding 3 of them.
After that you drove straight into enemies wasting those 18 tickets + your own death.

In a 2 man vehicle supposed to be used very far away from the enemy due to it's worth. You were miss using the fact that at that point claiming was disabled and that's it.

Making personal attacks on other community members in forum threads is against the rules. You guys are not above anyone else here, you will follow the rules under all circumstances as we all have done in the past. Failure to follow this will result in appropriate action being taken - do NOT use a situation as an excuse to break the rules.

Irrelevant posts have been hidden AND the issue has already been addressed by the developers themselves. End of discussion.

You are abusing your rights. Put my post back or I will repost this everywhere. People got to know about this. And you are in Mumblerines ofcourse you are going to delete this hard evidence. You are just abusing moderator rights. Somebody should look into this.

Edited by Rainmaker

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, quick question, after the V9 update I am not able to join to any Mumblerines servers, other servers work just fine. Is there any way to check if I was banned?

Nevermind guys, I checked reddit and it is EAC issue and they are working on it.

Thank you.

Edited by Danko

im having connection issues with mumblerines #1 i get a "auth token missing" error. all other servers seem to be fine though... am I banned or? - sucks since its my fav server :)

40 minutes ago, Shovely Joe said:

im having connection issues with mumblerines #1 i get a "auth token missing" error. all other servers seem to be fine though... am I banned or? - sucks since its my fav server :)

If you were banned you'd get a message saying so, what you're getting is EAC issues. A EAC reinstall could be in it's place! Head on to our discord if you need help with it champ :)

Hey guys!

Since yesterday I can't join your servers anymore.. It says that I'm banned but I dont remember being kicked/banned nor doing anything to cause this O.o Is this some kind of bug or issue with EAC as stated above?

@MiLC0RE

Join discord: www.MUMBLERINES.COM/DISCORD

Follow the instructions according to our discord channel #admin_support.

Here's some feedback from my experience today on one of your servers.

I get that sometimes squads do solo stuff and need to be put back in order, but being threatened to be kicked/banned (can't recall which word he used) just because of a miscommunication and thus a delayed fallback. Admins acting like commanders from hindsight info is not fun for any party involved.

Was in the new Goro standing by to attack Bunker whilst friendlies were capturing Radio tower, had previously asked the capturing SL through direct channel if they needed help. Heard "only sporadic contacts so far" for a response so. Fast forward a few minutes I report that I'm ready in place and holding the enemy down from fortifying the location and I got an admin yelling at me for not being on the Radio. I had already begun falling back whilst under fire from Bunker and then threats start flying to fall back or get banned/kicked. 

Which I find ridiculous cause I had immediately told I must've misheard and was already falling back to help while the SL chat was still going on about it. I guess I didn't fall back fast enough. Didn't get kicked nor banned, but I certainly didn't have any fun afterwards given that any moment somebody could swing the banhammer on a whim.

I get you want to control the game to a degree but toning down the overall triggerhappiness of admins wouldn't hurt imo.

25 minutes ago, Fieldfare said:

Here's some feedback from my experience today on one of your servers.

I get that sometimes squads do solo stuff and need to be put back in order, but being threatened to be kicked/banned (can't recall which word he used) just because of a miscommunication and thus a delayed fallback. Admins acting like commanders from hindsight info is not fun for any party involved.

Was in the new Goro standing by to attack Bunker whilst friendlies were capturing Radio tower, had previously asked the capturing SL through direct channel if they needed help. Heard "only sporadic contacts so far" for a response so. Fast forward a few minutes I report that I'm ready in place and holding the enemy down from fortifying the location and I got an admin yelling at me for not being on the Radio. I had already begun falling back whilst under fire from Bunker and then threats start flying to fall back or get banned/kicked. 

Which I find ridiculous cause I had immediately told I must've misheard and was already falling back to help while the SL chat was still going on about it. I guess I didn't fall back fast enough. Didn't get kicked nor banned, but I certainly didn't have any fun afterwards given that any moment somebody could swing the banhammer on a whim.

I get you want to control the game to a degree but toning down the overall triggerhappiness of admins wouldn't hurt imo.

The thing is, that's not what happened.

The misscommunication is fine, the thing I got pissed about is that when told bunker is not cappable you respond with "We're gonna sit her and keep them out / secure bunker". That's the NUMBER 1 mistake SL's do and it's completely shit, because you're gonna sit and be COMPLETELY useless for your team in hope that MAYBE they can win being 1 squad down while you're praying minecraft on a uncappable flag.

THAT'S why you got told to move on (you and another squad west of you who also was gonna FOB up for some fantastic reason).

Stuff like that ruins Squad more than anything else and if you're not prepared to play the objectives, I'm sorry but we're not gonna be the server for you. People come to us because we're harsh on playing the game properly and not wasting time and ruining games, it's worked great far and if that's an issue, you'll simply have to find somewhere else to play.

// Nordic

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Nordic said:

The thing is, that's not what happened.

The misscommunication is fine, the thing I got pissed about is that when told bunker is not cappable you respond with "We're gonna sit her and keep them out / secure bunker". That's the NUMBER 1 mistake SL's do and it's completely shit, because you're gonna sit and be COMPLETELY useless for your team in hope that MAYBE they can win being 1 squad down while you're praying minecraft on a uncappable flag.

THAT'S why you got told to move on (you and another squad west of you who also was gonna FOB up for some fantastic reason).

Stuff like that ruins Squad more than anything else and if you're not prepared to play the objectives, I'm sorry but we're not gonna be the server for you. People come to us because we're harsh on playing the game properly and not wasting time and ruining games, it's worked great far and if that's an issue, you'll simply have to find somewhere else to play.

// Nordic

You forget there are always two sides to the coin. Likewise there are always two stories so I'd appreciate it if you'd dial down your aggressive tone.

Like I said earlier, I reported in general that I was going to hold it pinned down, I did not respond to you. Whatever you said must've gone amiss due to the gunfire and other squadmates talking. Same must be said for you since I told you in the chat I had not heard of the current situation in the Radio Tower but that didn't stop you from throwing threats around.

Even then the proper response would be to ask to fall back again if the other squad replied unfavorably. But you opt to point the gun to the SL's head straight away which to me comes off as lack of patience/extreme prejudice towards other players.

There is a new feature called direct squad to squad SL comms and I kept checking in with the squad on Radio periodically where they assured they had it under control, albeit progress was slower than expected. 

I play the objectives too and try to think ahead, under the information I had received I judged it was best to prepare to assault the next point as soon as Radio got flipped to us. I was under the illusion that Radio was going along and that was going to take care of that, I trusted the friendly squad to be able to handle it. We were still on standby to fall back if needed as it turned out in the end and we were on Radio within a few minutes. It was an honest mistake formed due to miscomms.

There were faults in both of us no doubt, but you as an admin should know better to not lose temper immediately if something doesn't go along exactly how you imagined it. And usually if I see a potential hazard for admin not acting proper, I want to bring it up. That is all.

Edited by Fieldfare

Posted (edited)

@Fieldfare

it's not our policy to ban for that kind of thing so don't worry. Also you were not even kicked, which shows the admins are not that trigger happy.

in a competitive game things are bound to get tense so don't take any harsh words personally. we can't really control the tone people will use or if people will take what is said too personal. If you think you are being told off excessively even for a competitive match you can let us know and we'll take that feedback on board.

Also don't take the kick threats too personal. we try and ensure a high quality squad experience while welcoming new players. from experience we find that sometimes being harsh and insisting squads play the objectives is the difference between a great close game that everyone enjoys and a tedious one sided stomp no one enjoys. remember the admins are also playing too so they might not have the time to explain and ask nicely, but honestly it's nothing personal. they all have loads of experience and are only trying to point you in the right direction.

if you want to chat about it more, you are welcome to come to our discord mumblerines.com/discord for a more personal chat, rather than the using the forums.

Edited by hexx