Nordic

[M] MUMBLERINES TEAMWORK [ENG ONLY]

122 posts in this topic
43 minutes ago, Haver said:

Hey guys!

We were playing with four of our APG guys on your server yesterday, I was leading an awesome Squad, setting up  prime fob locations for the next flag, having fireteams working, supporting other Squads and then -------------- I get kicked. No warning, no nothing. 

So I asked myself WHY? My only explanation is this: We were driving in the Hmvee and the engine noises are apparently broken so between the engine noise and our Squad talking u can't understand anything else. To just kick me without saying my actual NAME so I can distinguish the chatter or writing a quick message in Say_team was kind of a dick move.

Since we are all one community and we all play in the CCFNs and what not together, maybe next time, instead of going power drunken admin who disturbed the flow of the game more than I ever could not responding for a minute, just try and yell at me again so I can actually hear you over the sound of war. Much love!

Haver, you were kicked for being unresponsive on Squad Leader comms. I gave you several warnings over the course of several minute(Text and voice), but you did not respond. If your audio settings are so messed up that you cannot communicate with your team, that's your problem. If you are not able to notice multiple squads trying to contact you on Squad Leader comms for several minutes, that's your problem. Accusing admins of being "power drunken" is not the way to go.

Also, your entire squad was sitting on a non-active objective. 

Guys can you make clear what is your stance on trolling?

Today we had guy Mojojojojo taking whole (9 people) squad and building minecraft fort between Airfield and Village. Not even close to any objective.

In the middle of nowhere. 

Placed fob, took logi truck and  then he spent good 30 min there with whole squad minecrafting useless crap that nobody ever used.

His fob was still there when enemy squad bypassed him and went for Airfield. It wasn't in any tactical advantage to have fob or fortification there.

Too far for airfield too far for Village.

After 30 min some of his squad members moved after another 10 min he moved.

In second round he did same thing. Too whole squad to uncap objective that was never in danger.

He was asked repeatedly to move to help out since the game even started. Didnt bother to answer even once.

This time sat there 40 min with whole squad.  I was checking time. Flag wasn't even once in danger.

(and when that flag finally was in danger  he refused to go back and defend it even when he spent so much time building his castle.)

And he only moved since Nordic showed up.

He had mic but wasnt responding. He only started responding when Nordic showed up.

But at that time he was all butt hurt that we aren't nice to him cause of his camping.

He refused to cooperate but since admin was in he wasn't sitting on that useless fort any more just to be safe..

Now on both of those occasion me and other players, asked admin to intervine. He refused since its not against server rules.

Well in this is in your server rules(http://mumblerines.esportsify.com): 

" - Cheating, exploiting, greifing,TROLLING, racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated!

It was most obvious type of trolling ever. 

I ask you to :

- watch out for this brainless muppet,

- ban him next time he start doing this crap.

Check your rules Nordic.

Sharky.

18 minutes ago, SharkySharky said:

Guys can you make clear what is your stance on trolling?

Not playing the game how you want him to and trolling are two different things. Under their rules I think the admin acted correctly in not kicking/banning him.

But what they did is not in the spirit of teamwork, and I would encourage all decent communities to include clauses that stipulate that admins may remove players for not playing in the spirit of the game. Seeing that would annoy me as well and I would prefer that person not pollute a SL position in future, but if the server doesn't have specific rules based around teamwork, I suggest you look for one that does.

Here is an excerpt from their rules

- Squad leaders are free the lead their squads as best they fit.

- As squad leader use the squad leader kit!

If you don't like it, avoid the server. :) (or petition on their community site to get some other rules implemented)

Edited by Psyrus
Rules

7 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Not playing the game how you want him to and trolling are two different things. Under their rules I think the admin acted correctly in not kicking/banning him.

He didnt played the game. He was doing completly nothing to help team attack or defend.

We didnt asked him to play certain way, we asked him to actually play it.

If you dont understand difference between sitting in the middle of nowhere and building crap and playing a game you have bigger problem.

If you dont understand difference between sitting in the middle of nowhere and building crap and playing a game you have bigger problem.

I see the type of person you are now, I'm sorry for intruding upon your rant, I'll leave you to it.

8 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

I see the type of person you are now, I'm sorry for intruding upon your rant, I'll leave you to it.

Playing objective, defending when nobody else is going to, driving supplies, caping first objectives so whole team can push to another one.

Yes Im terrible person for playing  with the team instead of people like troll and you against it.

I don't care who's wrong or right, just follow the forum's rules!

Section I: Posting Rules
§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

All right, sorry I'm late to the party. Busy week.

I must have missed / was not told that until my arrival he didn't communicate with you over mic. If I was aware of this I would have kicked him as we do require our SL's to communicate with each other.

Regarding the other thing it is a tough choice...

Yes we promote teamwork and such, but then again what if he thought that FOB was genuinly a good idea? I can't kick an SL because he's bad unfortunally or make a bad decision, there wouldn't be any SL's left.

And regarding other SL's shouting at him is pretty much the same thing as before, I've had SL's shout at me as well when I clearly win the game with flanks or w/e.

Thus, you can't really judge if it's him trolling or just genuinly being bad at the game, and when he's not obviously trolling we can't ban someone like that unfortunally.

You may think this is trolling but in reality he may have just thought it was a good idea (for whatever reason) and as I said before, if I were to kick every SL I think has bad ideas, I'd have no SL's left :P

But I'll keep an eye out Sharky, I do appreciate the report and I know you're a regular so sorry about that shitty experience.

On 5/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, Nordic said:

There will be NO kicking for admins / friends, there will be no jumping to the other team by admins (as many servers do) even though it wouldn't be possible for non-admins due to balance.
Squad leaders are of course allowed to "design" their squad however they like.

Admins will simply keep the hackers and people who destroy the fun by not behaving out. Players who TK for grief (Kicked from a Squad trying to kill the SL for example) will be dealt with harshly.

so im guessing when a squad leader leaves u 200meters from main base when everything is happening on the enemies first flag, and then tries to shoot you before taking off with a truck is all good and fine..but when i respawn and kill him... thats banable.. sure..****ing retarded people anyway

8 hours ago, Energon said:

so im guessing when a squad leader leaves u 200meters from main base when everything is happening on the enemies first flag, and then tries to shoot you before taking off with a truck is all good and fine..but when i respawn and kill him... thats banable.. sure..****ing retarded people anyway

Intentionally teamkilling is a bannable offense.

Just had to morons, racoongoon and JerryDickensMcDoodlebob just lie prone on friendly static HMGs trying to cover an offensive, then smoke all around it while giggling like schoolgirls. Then teamkilled the gunner repeatedly.

No mods online to do anything about it, have video and screenshots.

2 minutes ago, Kerri said:

Just had to morons, racoongoon and JerryDickensMcDoodlebob just lie prone on friendly static HMGs trying to cover an offensive, then smoke all around it while giggling like schoolgirls. Then teamkilled the gunner repeatedly.

No mods online to do anything about it, have video and screenshots.

https://discord.gg/J3Npv

Please join our discord. It will be dealt with appropriately. 

Personally, I always dislike a server that kicks without a warning, which this server has done many times in my time playing on it. I'm going to be avoiding the server for now and hope for the change in the future. 

11 minutes ago, PuppyFur said:

Personally, I always dislike a server that kicks without a warning, which this server has done many times in my time playing on it. I'm going to be avoiding the server for now and hope for the change in the future. 

Warning people only serves to let the offenders know who the admins are. Therefore they will curb their behavior around them but when they know the admins aren't on the resort back to their old douchebaggery. Why would you want server admins to warn you not to perform acts that you know are wrong to begin with?

33 minutes ago, PuppyFur said:

Provide examples. People aren't kicked or banned without warning except with blatant offenses like intentional TKing("Was I not supposed to do that?").

On 2016-12-24 at 11:54 PM, PuppyFur said:

Stop breaking the rules and you won't be kicked without warning.

Personally, I think that's very viable to ask.

Sure it's not to make space, it's a popular server. Never had any issues playing on there, :). OH forgot I try to play as a team player, maybe that's the ticket.

Merry Xmas Mumblines :)

Hi,

I just got banned from one of ur servers and this guy named "kolh" or something like that, cant remember his full nickname, banned me for unknown reason.

I joined the server, got into only one squad with 4 ppl, After saying couple words i got kicked from it straight away, after being kicked from squad,  i said i am going to tk him but i didin't those were just words.I asked him if hes the main admin and why did he kicked me from squad,  coz i lost my perks. His reponse was "i dont need any other players  distracting me from teaching my friend how to play the game".

Then i alt tabbed to register on forums.

Note: i got banned while i was alt tabbed registering on forums to make a complaint about him, to actually ask what the hell is wrong with this autistic admin, this is not the first time i see that admin banning players.

First of all:

A Squad Leader can kick squad members for whatever reason, they're supreme rulers over their Squad and don't need to ever justify their decision.

And this is not only a rule on our server, but a requirement for licensed servers (I whole heartedly agree though.)

Second:

Saying you're going to TK someone for a Squad kick would've got you kicked off the server if not banned if it was me as well as it's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Who do you think you are believing you have the right to be in whatever squad you want?

Third:

Calling an admin autistic is probably one of the best ways to make me not give a shit about your complaint, all I see here is that the admin made an excellent decision getting the type of player we don't want off the server.

On 12/24/2016 at 5:32 PM, Tartantyco said:

Provide examples. People aren't kicked or banned without warning except with blatant offenses like intentional TKing("Was I not supposed to do that?").

For example, someone who is half way in a creak to stay low and in cover, which would be normal for most other games, would be kicked without warning for exploiting and only later learn from anyone who is willing to tell them that there is a bug with water in the game.

Another example is having [M] in a name when they aren't a Mumblerine, but could be part of a different, smaller group with the same abbreviation. Normally can be fixed with a simple request to change but instead will be kicked from the server without warning.

I highly dislike this type of action personally since the game does not tell you what you were kicked for currently, and even if it did, I feel talking a situation out is much more healthy for communities than kicking/banning people without a chance. I'd also like to state that following the rules is a very confusing thing to say, since they only appear in-chat at random points in-game. It's not obvious how to find all the rules for the server and takes time to see them all, for the short amount of time they show. 

I hope this explains my position even if it's not agreed upon. Thank you for your time and happy holidays.

On 12/24/2016 at 10:54 PM, PuppyFur said:

Not sure if it's appropriate for me to comment since this seems to be a response to my report, but Mumblerines is actually my favourite server for the exact opposite reason; they never seem to kick without warning, yet there still is effective moderation.

Other servers (not going to name them), don't enforce their rules, so you end up having squad leaders without mics, often who don't even speak the same language, rampant teamkilling, etc.

Yet Mumblerines also doesn't kick to make room for people, which is another benefit as someone who's not a member of the server's clan, which can be a major issue when server clans tend to stack one team and then tend to kick from the opposing team. It ends up massively imbalanced.

The few times I've seen someone kicked from Mumblerines (it's always been either squad leaders without mics or teamkillers at spawn), there's always been repeated warnings on the broadcast by an admin. 

They must be doing something right, because both of their servers (although something seems to have happened with the second, not sure if it's related to the pop being raised to 80) are always at maximum players, and I'd rather spend 10 minutes trying to get onto this server than try my luck with one of the other ones and have a good chance at a bad experience.

Edited by Kerri