Sign in to follow this  
TAR4C

CAS/TRANS Communication

Quick Suggestion: I played PR today (TRANS) and as always it was difficult for me to communicate with squadleaders who needed my chopper. Since Pilot have roles that need major communication to get the job done, I am suggesting to give the Pilot Kit the ability to communicate to Squadleaders just like the Squadleader of your TRANS squad.

Completely agree with you, OP. This is one thing in which an improvement over PR is desperately needed.

I suggested earlier to make each helicopter its own squad (only possible with an unlimited squads system), but it really doesn't matter which way the problem gets solved as long as the problem does get solved.

I fully agree. Each pilot needs to be able to communicate with squad leaders, instead of relaying through the trans squad SL.

Well, with unlimited squads, you can just just make a one-man transport squad.

Thats true and it is a simple solution. Problem is that while you fly you don't want to press additional buttons to communicate with the guys fullfilling the same role as you. Squad chat is faster than finding a number on Numpad.  Especially if you are in the air. However, it's an option yes. I  wonder how they manage the communication via Numpad if they have more than 9 squads.

I agree, but as people have mentioned there are only so many keys on the numpad. Maybe there could be a dedicated "air" channel, in the same way there's a dedicated commander channel - Everyone crewing an air vehicle would hear comms over this channel so it's only one extra key, plus giving all pilots the ability to speak to squad leaders would allow them to respond directly. All pilots can still be in the same squad without their SL having to be a relay.