cyreda

Anyone else have their VOIP contantly bugging out?

This is a new bug introduced by the new patch (at least for me).

Almost every time when a game ends and enters a stat screen, I still hear people talking over VOIP but cannot see who's talking, and no one can hear me. I get the microphone icon when I push to talk tho, which is weird. Only way to get the VOIP working again is to reconnect the server (once I had to restart the whole game).

Is this a known issue or just something on my end?

On May 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM, cyreda said:

This is a new bug introduced by the new patch (at least for me).

Almost every time when a game ends and enters a stat screen, I still hear people talking over VOIP but cannot see who's talking, and no one can hear me. I get the microphone icon when I push to talk tho, which is weird. Only way to get the VOIP working again is to reconnect the server (once I had to restart the whole game).

Is this a known issue or just something on my end?

I had the exact same issue today as well. Wasn't every time, just once. My VOIP was working fine after restarting the game. 

Since a6 this has been happening to me after every round. The only solution is to reconnect.

Happening to me as well. Sucks when you're in a full server leading a squad, and you have to quit. By the time the game starts up someone has taken your spot in the server, and you have to build a squad again from nothing. Very frustrating.

Finally had it happen to me. The server switched to Gorodok and I was SL. No one could hear me at all. I'll keep an eye out to see how it can be replicated. It's a major bug that needs to be squashed.

Its actually a very old bug that rarely showed his face, i think the first time i got it was 5 months ago. Only happened to me sometimes on a map, than when you switch to a new map, your voip suddenly works again.

had this twice since v6 release and never before that.

you really should implement a "reload" command that reloads audio and user interface without leaving the server.

This would kill:

• The bug where the Map and Squad Menue stays visible and doesnt go away
  • the change of an audio device
  • the bug where you cant talk and see no names

Local Voip works fine for me, but the squad channel (B). has no sound, other than the scratch sound when some one pushes B. I think others can hear me, but I cant hear  them.

It started this after A6

This is a much wider problem than what it appears to be on the forum. Everyone I play with has had to reconnect every two or three games because they're losing VOIP. It'd be nice to hear from a dev that something is being done to fix it, SOON.

It has been a big issue for most of us, the Dev's are working on a fix....hopefully we will see a patch this week ....crossing my fingers :(

Ok, I would like to put my two cents into this.

I really love Squad. It's amazing how far this game has come since the first few alpha releases. The new features and maps that are coming in are great. But since this mic bug was introduced during alpha 6 I am having a bad gaming experience. I am almost always the squad leader in my squad. But if this VOIP bug comes up I really get frustrated. Communication is what makes this game great. It's one of the core features of the game. 

Today I played a game with amazing communication on the command channel. The next game looked promising and I set up a battle plan. But when we started it seemed I had the VOIP bug. My squad and my team, that were great, were lost because I had to rejoin the server. 

I know this game is in early access, but to me, if the core function of the game is not working properly, they should not release a new version of the game. Of course, if a map is incomplete, or there is a small gameplay bug, that's totally fine, that's what makes early access a good idea for devs. 

I am sure lots of people are willing to do test the alpha's before release. If just a little bit more time is used to iron out bugs between Alpha and Beta launches that would take out a lot of frustration.

I say this because I care about this game. Squad is one of my favorite games to play and my community is having a blast of a time playing this game. I want this to be the best shooter ever. And I know it can be. But I am just sad about this one bug ruining the game for my community and seeing a blog post about how awesome the vehicles are going to be.

Happened every other game a few days ago after a release.  Hasn't happened since.

For the guy above me, wait until later stage in development if a bug vexes you this greatly.

it happened to me like 2 times yet. yesterday i was playing with a German Squad Leader "Dandalf der Graue" he had this bug EVERY Map change for like 5 rounds.

8 hours ago, Merlin said:

Just as a heads up folks, we have most likely found the source of the bug that is causing the voip issues, and have now commited a fix which based on limited testing seems to work as intended. A hotfix release should be inbound in the next day or two.

The cause was a callback that wasn't cleaned up properly from very old shooter game demo code related to steam sessions (completely unrelated to VoIP funny enough). At the very beginning of Squad's development, the codebase was branched off from the shootergame demo Epic created. The code in question stopped working as intented during one of the engine's previous engine upgrades, and was only exposed as a common bug by something else which recently changed in the engine.

As a minor note for those who want to avoid the issue until the hotfix is out, the issue only occurs when you leave a server and then rejoin another, after which the first round end in the second server may cause the issue. You should be able to avoid the issue for now by only sticking with the first server you connect to. If you leave a server, restart the game before you join another server to avoid the bug in the second server.

I still can only use (V). Local voip to work, no matter if i rejoin.

16 hours ago, Motherdear said:

Have you tried redoing your keybinds ?

It was a bad setting, in the sound card, it was set to 7.1 and I was using headphones 2.0 :$

So.... My bad my bad!