Sign in to follow this  
T B1zzle

Star Citizen! Come join me!

Star Citizen is a crowed funded game that has made over 100m which is incredible!

So I have some freebies for freebies fair trade! B|

Become a Star Citizen and get 5,000 free Credits

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-96QR-C3MH

Here is some gameplay footage

Checkout the FPS Module of the game Star Marine 

Edited by T B1zzle

EXODUS has a large SC presence.  Several grand invested in 'boats' with a corporation established.

We are called 'EXODUS Cartel' and intent to be a passive aggressive trading and bounty entity.

I'll stick some links up when I get home from work.

16 minutes ago, chronic said:

EXODUS has a large SC presence.  Several grand invested in 'boats' with a corporation established.

We are called 'EXODUS Cartel' and intent to be a passive aggressive trading and bounty entity.

I'll stick some links up when I get home from work.

I might actually be interested in this, I've a Gladius and am looking to potentially get into a group who wants some security forces for their ships.

7 hours ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

At least it works on AMD cpu's! lol

Unlike a certain other game I know of...

Hit me up if anyone needs a corp, I have a US TZ Bounty Hunting Corp if anyone is interested.

Indeed... Would be fair to remind people of the controversy surrounding this game. It is the most successful crowdfunding in history, yet four years on, almost all of the major promised gameplay features are missing, and the game is still stuck in a very unstable alpha.

Many developers with longtime experience in the crysis engine are questioning if it is even feasible to make this game in the crysis engine. The lack of any major progress in the game, along with the statements of CIG employees working on the game lend credence to this claim.

Also, the company behind the game sell INGAME ships for REAL money, the most expensive package costing about 15K USD. Yep. You read that right, 15k bucks for virtual ships, some of wich you cant even use. People are free to spend their own money the way they want, but to me it seems just wrong to ask for that amount of money for something thats not even in the game yet.

It seems like the company needed an additional source of funding were the customers cannot ask for refunds, so the company came up with those ship packages.

As one CIG employee puts it;

"You have to ask 'at what point are you taking advantage of someone?' There's a certain responsibility," CS3 said in regards to the backers who have contributed large sums of money. "Like, I felt like we should have gone to their homes and made sure their kids were eating and dressed. It starts to feel like a gambling addiction after a certain point. It was hard not to feel guilty."

(source is in the escapist article, link provided below)

Some employees of CIG (Cloud Imperium Games, the company behind the game) recently came out and spoke about the challhenges faced by the company:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

This was in turn threatened with a lawsuit by CIG chairman Chris Roberts:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/04/star-citizen-developer-threatens-lawsuit-against-the-escapist-demands-apology-and-retraction/#36d113d1da99

So yeah. It is worth to take notes about the drama surrounding this game before you end up pledging real money for it.

Edited by Kneecap

Saw the thread and had to jump in here. 

On 10/18/2016 at 7:31 AM, T B1zzle said:

So I bought the Polaris!

Haha yep. We've got one too. If you need some people to help you crew it when the time comes, or if you're looking for work for your org, I'm sure we'll have a use for another one. 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ARMSTRONG

"Cloud Imperium Games has announced that it has switched from Crytek's CryEngine to Amazon's Lumberyard game engine for its anticipated crowdfunded Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games."

"It appears that Chris Roberts, CIG and Amazon, all believe that the future of massively online games is the power of cloud computing, which should deliver better online experience than "an old fashioned single server architecture" (like the CryNetwork)."

Source: http://fudzilla.com/news/games/42471-star-citizen-cans-cryengine-over-amazon-s-lumberyard