I'm having problems that I've never had before this v.6 patch. My game is continually freezing for a solid 5-6 seconds, around 4 times a minute. I am using a GTX780 & intel i5. There doesnt seem to be anything in particular that sets of the freezing, it just happens in random intervals. Its completely unplayable like this.

Things i've tried so far to fix:

-Turning sounds to "low"

-Turning off radio filter

-Deleting appdata squad folder

-Playing around with graphics settings.

-verified game cache via steam

-changing .ini files according to this

But i honestly don't think it is anything sound related and I'm not sure what my next step should be. I should note that it happens in the training grounds (offline) as well.

Please help.

EDIT: My problem has now been fixed with the minor hotfix released today 5/29/16

EDIT2: That hotfix got reverted - issue still stands

EDIT3: update 6.2 fixed my issues.

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

as a precaution I've been instructing all users to try wiping their game cache (which resets your settings to defaults)

open start menu
type:
%localappdata%
hit enter
delete the "Squad" folder.
relaunch game

Tried deleting folder, did not help.

Also tried lowering my game settings, turning AO off, etc. No change. Unlike LoneRanger i have the same issues offline.

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

4 hours ago, Tomato-Rifle said:

I'm having problems that I've never had before this v.6 patch. My game is continually freezing for a solid 5-6 seconds, around 4 times a minute. I am using a GTX780 & intel i5. There doesnt seem to be anything in particular that sets of the freezing, it just happens in random intervals. Its completely unplayable like this.

Things i've tried so far to fix:

-Turning sounds to "low"

-Turning off radio filter

-Deleting appdata squad folder

-Playing around with graphics settings.

But i honestly don't think it is anything sound related and I'm not sure what my next step should be. I should note that it happens in the training grounds (offline) as well.

Please help.

Goro and training grounds or any other maps?

Only tried training map offline - i don't know the switch map command. But issue was occurring also on the 2 different maps i loaded into on 2 different servers, not sure of their names.

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

First time this happened to me in online match on Sumari. After respawn on FOB i went to area of fight - that taked about 30s. Then I waited a few seconds and went to pick up my buddy. When I was lying on the ground with bandage, close to me but behind some wall or something, a grenade exploded with rubble falling on my head - when grenade exploded, first freeze started. Later, no matter what - constant freezing.

Launched offline mode second time and I got freezing, but rarely. On Jensen's Range sometimes when I was shooting with main weapon, it's started freezing. Only way to stop that, was looking at the sky - any ground element like wall etc. couldn't be on screen! Firing from .50 was ok. Later I changed to Gorodok, run some distance and shooted two burst - everything ok. I also been playing on admin camera on all maps without any problems.

Nothing in particular is making my game freeze, i can just be walking, running, shooting or not shooting. Reloading or not reloading. I can throw a frag grenade and not have it freeze. It seems independent from any action I'm doing. Did you have problems with this before v6?

Afther Patch i have Big fps stuttering and fps drops and my Game is crashing everytime to desktop needs to be closed to start again and one time it freezed so hard that i needed to gestart my pc.i had some tweaks in some files to gain some More fps before Patch are these files restarted afther Patch or are they still the same??pls any Have some solution??

Same here. GTX 670, i7

// game is unplayable

Edited by Hoshi