Gasgat

V.6 community feedback

Firing Range glitched out for me.

Squad Leader tools (pressing "T") don't work, M2 emplacement works, but lacks functionality like reloading (yes, I was unable to reload) or weapon shake.

Joining in a regular game fixed all issues, leading me to believe this is a game and not my side client issue.

Also low fps on Gorodok, but that's to be expected in a completely new map.

SPECS:

EVGA Supernova 750 G2 - PSU

Asus/Republic of Gamers (ROG) Maximus VII Formula - Motherboard

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.3Ghz (Cause overclocking) - CPU

Asus/ROG MARS 760 - GPU

Corsair Vengeance x4 - RAM

Intel SSD 730 Series x2 - SSD 

8 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

I can only give a Fatal Error message as Feedback :(

FatalError.JPG

V5 was working fine.

can you upload your squad log files?

open start menu and paste:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs
hit enter
the latest log file should be at the top, if not sort by date.
I'll take a look for you.

i5 4690k

gtx 970

Avg fps: 20-30. Previously was getting 40-60fps

Regular FPS drops, sttuters and freezes. Unplayable for me at the mo, just waiting for a hotfix. Also the new graphics nearly hurts my eyes. Can't see enemies as well I used to.

Love the new main menu music and the gun shots as well as the recoil. 

Edited by Odd_fella

6 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

can you upload your squad log files?

open start menu and paste:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs
hit enter
the latest log file should be at the top, if not sort by date.
I'll take a look for you.

Thanks mate check your inbox

Sumaari turned out to be one of the best maps by now - in earlier versions is was kinda "unwanted stepchild"-like :)

What I witnessed so far:

- Mainmenu (esc) "burns in" if you leave it open when a server changes the map. You can only get it away by leaving the server.

- I fired a M249 in the exact moment the serverround ended, the weapon sound didn't stop after that

- Occasional mouse lock ups after leaving the squad menu (enter), couldn't replicate it though.

- Once i was manning a M2, it disappeared somehow and my hud disappeared completely. Had to suicide.

- rpg and grenade impacts occasionally create two explosions, one on the ground and one a few feet in the air

- after the server changed a map, the old map still displays in server browser (have to check again for how long)

Logar was fine in the playtest, but now I'm getting worse fps too unfortunately.

for anyone experiencing bad FPS try this in the mean time:

Go to:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Open GameUserSettings and CTRL+F,
search for ShadowQuality and change both values to "0".
Then right click GameUserSettings and click properties,
set it to "Read-only" so they don't change

Hangups on voice comms no longer seems to be present with my AMD CPU however im not getting the 40-50 fps apart from some areas in Fools Road  even on all low settings that the V6 testers with AMD claimed to get more in the range of 30-35 with dips into the 20's and this is with everything set low or off also using optic zoom or shift focus whilst in combat causes some lag. A positive or negative im not quite sure low settings seems to look much better in quality than it used to. And a confident positive i can give is despite everything above movement in general seems more smoother.

FX8350 (OC) 4.5Ghz

Asus Strix GTX970 

1920x1080

100% res scale 

I cant even install the update, its stuck in Downloads in steam with a Disk Read Error?? Im trying a complete fresh installation.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Veld said:

I cant even install the update, its stuck in Downloads in steam with a Disk Read Error?? Im trying a complete fresh installation.

read this on the steam website:

Exit Steam. In Windows Explorer go to your Steam directory (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/) and make sure the directory is NOT read only. Then right click your Steam launch icon and click 'Run as administrator".

8 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

To add to this,search for all AA,AO,postproccessing lines and put 0 

1. M2 reloading issues on Firing Tange.

2. Pitch-like shadows everywhere, doesn't look natural for open spaces.

Looks like shadows are locked on high/epic settings, it is acting differently for different players, some can fix shades on required level for one round, some can't.

3. Something with colours... I don't know, palette or intensivity was changed, everything looks washy for now.

4. Firing sounds are puffy compared to older ones.

5. New recoil is far better.

6. General performance drop, it is 20-25 lower compared to v5 (different maps low/full servers, standard epic preset for graphics), never has freezes before v6. 60 FPS lock.

i5 2500K (not o/c)

GTX 970

16Gb RAM

@ZiGreen Try scaling Shadows with View Distance e.g. set both to low and see if that works (That's how I fixed).

18 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

This put things right back where they were before the patch for me performance wise, shadows are gone though. I'm now questioning whether changing the settings actually did anything at all when from the in game menu. Does the 0 correspond with shadows off or is it low? If 1 is low I'll try that because mine was set at 2 even though I had changed it down to low in menu.

Edited by lawnboy

Just now, lawnboy said:

This put things right back where they were before the patch for me performance wise, shadows are gone though. I'm now questioning whether changing the settings actually did anything at all when from the in game menu. 

from what I can see in peoples log files, it looks like an issue with the settings priority (the code is saying no when you change settings)

This is a log file I just looked at:

[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.ScreenPercentage' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.PostProcessAAQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'sg.ShadowQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.MotionBlurQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.AmbientOcclusionLevels' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.LensFlareQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.EyeAdaptationQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.BloomQuality' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'
[2016.05.26-21.35.24:168][  1]LogConsoleManager:Warning: Setting the console variable 'r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure' with 'SetByScalability' was ignored as it is lower priority than the previous 'SetByCode'

Can someone post their average StatUnit? Just curious if it's CPU stress or GPU stress holding the game back.

23 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

OK having run around a little longer and shot some stuff I will say that even with this fix my FPS is lower than it was pre patch, but only by about 5 frames on average now. Turning off the shadows definitely improved performance though. 

I have never seen any changes in fps since I started to play the pre-alpha version. I have always been between 40-60 fps and still are, so I am wondering why people keep getting poor performance. 

+ Emplacements

+ New and updated maps (Sumari might be the best map atm)

- VOIP can bug sometimes when the server is changing the map. You wont be able to use voip until you reconnect.

GPU - GeForce GTX 970
CPU - Intel i5-3750K
RAM - 8G

FPS - 40 - 60

SETTINGS - High

INTERNET - 100/100 mbit/s (Fiber Optic)

The game now don't stop putting me in borderless sometimes after i choose fullscreen. Same for the shadows, it always putting me in Epic even if i select medium.

And as the most of us, i've got some FPS drop. I've always have 30 FPS on Fools Road, even before the update, but on other maps i have 40-50 FPS. On Gorodok it's 25-30.

The worst is all the micro suttering since the update... Every where, every time, even at 60 fps i've got them it's awful.

i4670K [email protected] and 2x HD4970 even if the games works better with only one...

Performance:

i7 5820k, 16GB RAM, GTX980Ti

Everything in-game on low or off, except RAM texture on 4GB (epic) and reso scale on 150%.

- getting mostly 25-30 FPS on Gordok map

- getting fps drops on older maps like fools road, from 60 down to 40/30 (i'm using vsync on a 60hz, so im capped at 60)

- getting a lag when zooming in with the "focus" button

Gameplay / Bugs:

- switching to fullscreen mode and then tabbing out lets my game (and the video driver) crash

- mouse sensivity switches back to default sometimes, after tabbing out with borderless mode

- game looks very blurry in the distance, even with sweetfx enabled and a high reso-scale

- placing a .50 cal BUNKER as militia on Gordok didnt spawn an MG on the bunker. It dropped a normal bunker (which was a pretty annoying waste of 500 FOB points). Wasn't able to test it again on the map with that faction.

- Don't know if that's supposed to be iike this but: the game changed my shadows always back to "HIGH" by itself at some point, after i tried to set them to "LOW" 

- my own RPG rockets did explode 10 meters in front of me in an open wide field serveral times. I didnt hit a tree, leaf or whatever. Happened randomly. Looked like i was hitting some kind of an invisible barrier.

- fools road is too dark now. I had to put my gamma up to maximum to be able to see everything.

- the sound and screen animation after you got hit (and started bleeding) is too unremarkable right now in my opinion. In the heat of the battle you could even miss that you got hit, until your screen gets (very) dark, because you are about to bleed out. Guess you wouldn't miss that in rl ;P

- had several sound cut offs on almost every map i played and ghost-sounds (a weapon firing at a location where noone actually is present) as well

- pressing the "focus" button wouldn't zoom in sometimes, even if you have full stamina and haven't zoomed in for a minute 

(which was really annoying during fire fights on chora..). Pressing the button -again- will let you zoom in

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Veld said:

My fps was at a solid 40 fps on Fools Road, (amd card and amd GPU!), no more stuttering and only tested that map, but the shadows are so black everywhere! It made playing impossible, tried tinkering with the settings but nothing really fixed it...

example:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691672549

This is how i "see" shadows: http://imgur.com/a/I60pt

gPBqTpA.jpg

Is there any fix for this? Cus its impossible to spot  anything, if it was a enemy laying down on the floor i couldn't see him for sure

10 minutes ago, IroquoisPlissken said:

The game now don't stop putting me in borderless sometimes after i choose fullscreen. Same for the shadows, it always putting me in Epic even if i select medium.

And as the most of us, i've got some FPS drop. I've always have 30 FPS on Fools Road, even before the update, but on other maps i have 40-50 FPS. On Gorodok it's 25-30.

The worst is all the micro suttering since the update... Every where, every time, even at 60 fps i've got them it's awful.

i4670K [email protected] and 2x HD4970 even if the games works better with only one...

For Shadow Issue:

• Try scale them alongside View distance, for example set view distance to medium and then shadows to medium. They should change.

(This worked for me and I assume your shadows are set to epic because your view distance is atm).

For the Borderless Issue:

• Locate  GameUserSettings  at:   C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor    (If you can't find it hit the windows-key+R and type %localappdata% then locate file).
  • Right click it, hit properties and set it to Read-Only, apply changes.

Make sure you have your settings how you want them before doing this as you won't be able to change them after!