Boxknife

Founder Weapon Skins

120 posts in this topic

People talk about patches are they in game? any 1 got a screenshot?

Well, i hope the Founder skin, patch thing gets fixed soon. Blokes ive messaged on steam i haven't seen in yonks tell me they'll come back when their "Founder" status is active in game. When i press them for their reasoning a common theme is a little respect from the new guys and keeping the random cheekiness minimized. I have my doubts about the psychology on that though. Most new players i come across when SLing happily follow my requests etc, and genuinely want to take each match seriously.

I've only been playing less these days due to real life getting in the way, so im not overly fussed about the weapon skins...plus it's not like they are going to help my accuracy or kill/death ratio. Everyone knows im the worst shot in the game, im the only player Squad has, that can accidentally empty half a clip on a friendly and miss him completely! lols

20170402185705_1.jpg

Edited by rulie

21 hours ago, rulie said:

,snip

that can accidentally empty half a clip on a friendly and miss him completely! lols

LOL!!! Ahahaha You cracked me up mate,spat my false teeth out!. xD

I would like this sorting, some of us have been here since before day 1. Its nice to feel a little gratitude from the devs. Skins in the game should be fixed by now it been like this since v7.

Disappointed. 

4 hours ago, Para said:

I would like this sorting, some of us have been here since before day 1. Its nice to feel a little gratitude from the devs. Skins in the game should be fixed by now it been like this since v7.

Disappointed. 

OWI attempted a work around with v9, which I remember working at first and then it stopped working again. I'll provide information below, the writing in bold is directly from Dev/QA announcements from Discord and Patch notes.

*One fix in the next version will include the steam inventory items (weapon skins)

*Fixed crash in Steam Inventory caused by reusing old handles and fixed steam inventory not showing up for some users

As explained to you in SQ Discord recently - Squads skins are currently affected by a steam inventory bug, we'll get them eventually once steam sorts their shit out.

34 minutes ago, Dubs said:

-snip-

once steam sorts their shit out.

With just a small addendum to Dubs post on steam's inability to scrape their own shit into a neat little 21st century pile. It's now 2017 and they still haven't fixed the darn "chat log" history archive system they promised the community, ...that's right...the same community that's been asking for it since oh i dunno...about 2010ish?

Anyone writes funny shit to me via steam message i take a screen shot with a copy n paste to WordPad for a secondary backup actual.

Just saying.

Is there a way to deliver the skins without steam requirement? I mean we have the sound tracks vol.. 1& 2. If those can be delivered, why not package it the same way as some type of dlc within the game file for said users...  

Edited by PROTOCOL

9 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

Is there a way to deliver the skins without steam requirement? I mean we have the sound tracks vol.. 1& 2. If those can be delivered, why not package it the same way as some type of dlc within the game file for said users...  

Yes good point. The founders get the as a dlc key. 

14 hours ago, steffenbk1 said:

47bf101fcf.png

lol its been like this since arounf v6

14 hours ago, Errand_Boy said:

do these work yet???

No... However, they will load in the firing range. Seems strange that they work in the SP Firing Range, but not in multiplayer... would indicate some sort of server related messaging issue. Especially, since you see the item drop message on MP server load but no items/skins when kit is selected. I know its trivial, but should be simple enough to fix especially for your early supporters.

1 hour ago, PROTOCOL said:

No... However, they will load in the firing range. Seems strange that they work in the SP Firing Range, but not in multiplayer... would indicate some sort of server related messaging issue. Especially, since you see the item drop message on MP server load but no items/skins when kit is selected. I know its trivial, but should be simple enough to fix especially for your early supporters.

yeah i noticed they work at range too.  it would be nice if the dev's at least addressed it... its not a big deal but it would be nice if they followed through on what was promised to those early adopters like us.  

1 minute ago, Errand_Boy said:

yeah i noticed they work at range too.  it would be nice if the dev's at least addressed it... its not a big deal but it would be nice if they followed through on what was promised to those early adopters like us.  

As we have said numerous times. This is a bug that we are working on. 

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

As we have said numerous times. This is a bug that we are working on. 

naa man its cool.. it wasnt my intention to come off as bitching.  i know you guys are working hard, when you get around to it that's good enough for me.  i dont spend ton time on social media so i didnt mean to imply it had never been addressed, just that i hadn't noticed, i shouldve been more specific.  

1 minute ago, Errand_Boy said:

naa man its cool.. it wasnt my intention to come off as bitching.  i know you guys are working hard, when you get around to it that's good enough for me.  i dont spend ton time on social media so i didnt mean to imply it had never been addressed, just that i hadn't noticed, i shouldve been more specific.  

No worries. It has definitely been addressed. To summarize: there is basically a bug with the steam inventory causing the weapon skins to not render correctly in live servers. This is being addressed, but its a deeper issue than was expected. And, we will get it sorted as quickly as we can. Just know that is actively being worked on. 

I know those skins might be important but there are bugs in gameplay way more important than just a camo weapon :S

22 hours ago, Odin said:

No worries. It has definitely been addressed. To summarize: there is basically a bug with the steam inventory causing the weapon skins to not render correctly in live servers. This is being addressed, but its a deeper issue than was expected. And, we will get it sorted as quickly as we can. Just know that is actively being worked on. 

thnks to you & rest of the team.  

Thanks for looking into this Odin. Someof us have been here since pre-day 1 it means something to us.

Hats off to the team.