Jump to content
Gerardusnl0

INDIVIDUAL SQUAD CHAT

Recommended Posts

when will we get this? it's something that's needed more than placeable MG's in my opinion.

for people who don't know what im talking about:

im squad leader 2, and i want to talk to squad leader 6. now we have to do this trough G all squad channels, on pr i would just press numpad 6 to talk to squad leader 6. 

doing it that way declutters the comms, and makes it all easier for squads to work together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be misused as for me I wanna know everything that's going on. So you could let squad 6 know there's enemy in the western hills as I'm coming to the objective from the eastern fields. Squad 6 knows there's enemy over there but I don't.

 

I'm sure there'll be many situations when somebody thinks a piece of information is irrelevant for most squads except 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never seen it being misused in project reality, it didn't clutter the comms like it does now.

 

for example, i need to talk to trans squad why would everyone need to hear that? 

or squad 2 is in my vicinity and we need their backup, nobody else really needs to hear that. 

 

 

another ex: squad 3 APC squad this is squad 5, we need a ride to E6KP3 how copy?

squad 5 this is squad 3, solid copy we are on our way

squad7: cool story bro im across the map doing recon here for another squad, stop command channel spam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brisk   
1 hour ago, Odd_fella said:

I think it would be misused as for me I wanna know everything that's going on. So you could let squad 6 know there's enemy in the western hills as I'm coming to the objective from the eastern fields. Squad 6 knows there's enemy over there but I don't.

 

I'm sure there'll be many situations when somebody thinks a piece of information is irrelevant for most squads except 1.

I'd wager that once more assets are implemented and we reach 100 players, you will change your opinion. All I know is that in PR, hearing a fellow SL blurt out "TANK TO THE WEST" to every other SL is about as helpful as a blind park ranger.

Edited by Brisk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gerardusnl0 said:

when will we get this? it's something that's needed more than placeable MG's in my opinion.

for people who don't know what im talking about:

im squad leader 2, and i want to talk to squad leader 6. now we have to do this trough G all squad channels, on pr i would just press numpad 6 to talk to squad leader 6. 

doing it that way declutters the comms, and makes it all easier for squads to work together

this is not PR so go play PR and stop comparing <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brisk   
5 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

this is not PR so go play PR and stop comparing <3

Please don't post passive aggressive comments directed at PR players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

this is not PR so go play PR and stop comparing <3

this is supposed to  be its successor, so removing a function that was very useful is just plain stupid. 

 

also many times has another squad helped me, for example when im apc/tank squad and i need to have clear comms to hear enemy tanks, having just 1 squad speak to me about locations is better than hearing everything that goes on. 

 

Edited by Gerardusnl0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brisk said:

Please don't post passive aggressive comments directed at PR players.

Mate.. If this was aggresive in any way then I dont want to know what is your aggresive :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brisk said:

I'd wager that once more assets are implemented and we reach 100 players, you will change your opinion. All I know is that in PR, hearing a fellow SL blurt out "TANK TO THE WEST" is about as helpful as a blind park ranger.

i most likely will not, having a bunch of assets and 100 players will just make command chat worse. 

i don't see why people think this is going to be different from PR, in general squads community is worse than PR's in terms of communication. (not meant to be an insult, just an observation)

 

go play some PR as a squad leader and you'll see how many times it's useful just to talk to one squad, instead of all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gerardusnl0 said:

never seen it being misused in project reality, it didn't clutter the comms like it does now.

 

for example, i need to talk to trans squad why would everyone need to hear that? 

or squad 2 is in my vicinity and we need their backup, nobody else really needs to hear that. 

 

 

another ex: squad 3 APC squad this is squad 5, we need a ride to E6KP3 how copy?

squad 5 this is squad 3, solid copy we are on our way

squad7: cool story bro im across the map doing recon here for another squad, stop command channel spam

 

Of course they need to hear that. You ask squad 2 for backup, Squad 4 maybe close by (not as close as Squad 2) but because squad 4 isn't winning in their attack on a FOB or an objective, they too can help. You assume squad 4 is busy and wants to continue with their objective but their SL is thinking about doing something different if plan A isn't working.

Edited by Odd_fella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Brisk said:

I'd wager that once more assets are implemented and we reach 100 players, you will change your opinion. All I know is that in PR, hearing a fellow SL blurt out "TANK TO THE WEST" is about as helpful as a blind park ranger.

 

If that's the last enemy tank on the field, that would be very helpful to other SL's far far away. They don't need to worry about a tank, or better yet, the primary objective could be to destroy the last tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gerardusnl0 said:

i most likely will not, having a bunch of assets and 100 players will just make command chat worse. 

i don't see why people think this is going to be different from PR, in general squads community is worse than PR's in terms of communication. (not meant to be an insult, just an observation)

 

go play some PR as a squad leader and you'll see how many times it's useful just to talk to one squad, instead of all 

 

I understand that it's useful to talk to one SL, and it's a feature that I would like to see implemented as well. My issue is that it won't be used correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brisk   
5 minutes ago, Gerardusnl0 said:

i most likely will not, having a bunch of assets and 100 players will just make command chat worse. 

i don't see why people think this is going to be different from PR, in general squads community is worse than PR's in terms of communication. (not meant to be an insult, just an observation)

 

go play some PR as a squad leader and you'll see how many times it's useful just to talk to one squad, instead of all 

I was never in a disagreement with you. The post you quoted was me expressing how useless I find communication between ALL squads. Focused communication between individual squads is much more ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brisk said:

I was never in a disagreement with you. The post you quoted was me expressing how useless I find communication between ALL squads. Focused communication between individual squads is much more ideal.

oh sorry than i got your post wrong

 

anyways im really hoping to see this implemented soon enough, also since the R-con commands are comming, maybe we can now have servers with better enforced rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will come in the near future, not a top priority atm.

 

@Toxity101 trust me, this feature from PR is must, at least for the SL player. No more "spam SL channel" instead i can gice the right iformation to the right SL, and avoid it for the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is something that we definitely need right now. It's a major problem to have a cluttered squad leader chat and helps to destroy the already broken-down in-game comms. 

 

30 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

this is not PR so go play PR and stop comparing <3

 

22 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

Mate.. If this was aggresive in any way then I dont want to know what is your aggresive :/

 

Oh, so what you're saying if that you were acting like a **** on accident? Grow up and take responsibility for when people call you out on your actions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that Im saying is that running around and comparing games with each other is wrong? Give an example not "but if this was PR"

24 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Yeah, this is something that we definitely need right now. It's a major problem to have a cluttered squad leader chat and helps to destroy the already broken-down in-game comms. 

 

 

 

Oh, so what you're saying if that you were acting like a **** on accident? Grow up and take responsibility for when people call you out on your actions. 

Modern day people get easily offended by something so small.. Sorry if I hurt someone's feelings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

All that Im saying is that running around and comparing games with each other is wrong? Give an example not "but if this was PR"

Modern day people get easily offended by something so small.. Sorry if I hurt someone's feelings

 

Except it's not wrong. Squad is, as the developers have marketed it, a spiritual successor to Project Reality. A large chunk of the community would not be here if they hadn't ever mentioned Project Reality or their ties to it, let alone using those facts to hype the game up the way they did initially. It's entirely acceptable to say "well this feature was in PR so it should be in Squad" because, guess what, Squad is a followup! If the feature made sense in Project Reality, and the devs want to keep ties to Project Reality, then they should add it back. Better yet, regardless for Project Reality, how about just adding it back because it makes sense? The Devs want a game that's based around communication, so make communication easier. 

 

All that is necessary to start a discussion was "this feature was in PR, if you haven't played PR then check it out". Nobody needs to explain themselves further to you, and nobody should with the way that you're acting. You think you deserve an explanation beyond "it was in PR"? What have you done to earn it, what with all 20 posts on the forum and a snarky attitude? If you don't want "it was in PR" to be the final answer to you, then maybe you should consider posting in a way that is conducive to discussion rather than shutting someone down and telling them to fuck off.

 

Nobody cares about your offensiveness, what matters is that you made a stupid statement and then proceeded to act like you didn't make a stupid statement. You made an attempt to shut down a discussion about a well-needed feature with a poorly thought out sentence then proceeded to act like you weren't trying to kill the conversation. THAT'S what people aren't happy about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

 

Except it's not wrong. Squad is, as the developers have marketed it, a spiritual successor to Project Reality. A large chunk of the community would not be here if they hadn't ever mentioned Project Reality or their ties to it, let alone using those facts to hype the game up the way they did initially. It's entirely acceptable to say "well this feature was in PR so it should be in Squad" because, guess what, Squad is a followup! If the feature made sense in Project Reality, and the devs want to keep ties to Project Reality, then they should add it back. Better yet, regardless for Project Reality, how about just adding it back because it makes sense? The Devs want a game that's based around communication, so make communication easier. 

 

All that is necessary to start a discussion was "this feature was in PR, if you haven't played PR then check it out". Nobody needs to explain themselves further to you, and nobody should with the way that you're acting. You think you deserve an explanation beyond "it was in PR"? What have you done to earn it, what with all 20 posts on the forum and a snarky attitude? If you don't want "it was in PR" to be the final answer to you, then maybe you should consider posting in a way that is conducive to discussion rather than shutting someone down and telling them to fuck off.

 

Nobody cares about your offensiveness, what matters is that you made a stupid statement and then proceeded to act like you didn't make a stupid statement. You made an attempt to shut down a discussion about a well-needed feature with a poorly thought out sentence then proceeded to act like you weren't trying to kill the conversation. THAT'S what people aren't happy about. 

Mate... You are the one making a scene here typing an essay I did not even bother to read.... So lets put a pin in this and stop wasting each others time with this childish accusations. So enjoy your day and forget about this ... Because I honestly do not care what you say... I was not swearing at anyone.. You threw the first hit swearing at me which makes you toxic so please.... If sarcasm is toxic to you then please what are you even doing on social media and online gaming :/

 

and FYI I am a team player in Squad... I love the community I bite a little on forums and you lose your mind... Read your previous posts... You are throwing all the punches after a little shove... Like the big over protective brother ...

 

Sorry for offending you brother bear <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Toxity101 said:

Mate... You are the one making a scene here typing an essay I did not even bother to read.... So lets put a pin in this and stop wasting each others time with this childish accusations. So enjoy your day and forget about this ... Because I honestly do not care what you say... I was not swearing at anyone.. You threw the first hit swearing at me which makes you toxic so please.... If sarcasm is toxic to you then please what are you even doing on social media and online gaming :/

 

and FYI I am a team player in Squad... I love the community I bite a little on forums and you lose your mind... Read your previous posts... You are throwing all the punches after a little shove... Like the big over protective brother ...

 

Sorry for offending you brother bear <3

 

If you can't bother to read three paragraphs then you're not worth giving the time of day. You came in, you shit on an idea, you got called out, and now you want to act like the victim.

 

I don't care what you're like in game; I hope to never see you in game. I'm here to discuss a topic and your initial comment was cancerous toward discussion.

 

TL;DR: If you don't want to properly discuss ideas, then don't come to the feedback/suggestions section.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×