Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 6

8 minutes ago, ElHebrewHammer said:

Been facing this one for a bit now, actually (at least v6.1)...shoulda mentioned it earlier for possible fix inclusion with v6.3!

Menu overlay gets stuck on the screen when pulled up right before the round-end countdown timer finishes. I've had this happen a few times when I went to go quit. See vid below (I hit escape right before this time, but it's happened even when I've pushed it earlier and may happen any time that it's already up when the round ends...haven't tested, but can later).

This has been the case since as long as I can remember,  its nothing new. On map switch you cant have spawn screen, main menu or scoreboard up, then it will get stuck until restart.

8 minutes ago, sentienthaze said:

This has been the case since as long as I can remember, (prob since before steam release) its nothing new. On map switch you cant have spawn screen, main menu or scoreboard up, then it will get stuck until restart.

Hm, yeah, I guess I wouldn't doubt it's been around for a while, though I hadn't had it happen until recently, and I do things pretty habitually (like hit escape at the end of the round to quit), so figured it was newer. Either way, something to look at...

8 hours ago, Merlin said:

We are now pushing a version 6.3 hotfix release, which contains:

• Likely fix for the "VoIP bug", a case where on round end in a server the player has reconnected to, an event callback in the game session was not properly cleaned up resulting in the steam session being destroyed and major parts of the VoIP system being disabled. This may potentially fix player count reporting issues that have been occurring as well.
  • Updates to rivers and lighting on a number of maps.
  • Fix for an issue relating to sprinting while focused.
  • Fix for the inability to lean in a certain flag on Sumari.

Good job Merlin,

we also need to fix the shovel bug....for some reason most of us cant dig anymore, it is very buggy.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

we also need to fix the shovel bug....for some reason most of us cant dig anymore, it is very buggy.

You can actually still shovel, only at very restricted angles for some reason.. But yes, it is very buggy...

Sweet just had the VoIP bug yesterday for first time, and today you fixed it! I like this. 

15 hours ago, Merlin said:

We are now pushing a version 6.3 hotfix release, which contains:

• Likely fix for the "VoIP bug", a case where on round end in a server the player has reconnected to, an event callback in the game session was not properly cleaned up resulting in the steam session being destroyed and major parts of the VoIP system being disabled. This may potentially fix player count reporting issues that have been occurring as well.
  • Updates to rivers and lighting on a number of maps.
  • Fix for an issue relating to sprinting while focused.
  • Fix for the inability to lean in a certain flag on Sumari.

Wooohoooo, that first bug was crazy annoying!

Cheers Devs :)

Mav B|

you know, when Vehicle

i be comparing that build VS build 2 or 3...whichever was the last build i used. all the improvement will hit me all at once.

side note, can anyone let me know where i can find information on the WIP animation system of Squad?

We are now pushing a version 6.4 hotfix release, which contains:

• Full enablement of RCON, see Rcon.cfg in the server configs for more info.
  • Increased construction points per second from 1 to 2.
  • Changes to the smoke effect, it covers less area now.
  • Optimization of and changes to the muzzle firing effects.
  • The game's admin check now requires a user to have Kick permission and not just be in the admin list. Players with only reserved slot access are no longer going to see the team kill and suicide messages.
  • Added new bullet hole decals and fixed missing decals on the sandbag physical material.
  • Fixed changemap not working if the admin didn't have the pause match access level.

9 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Heh, this should be interesting.

3 hours ago, Merlin said:

We are now pushing a version 6.4 hotfix release, which contains:

• Full enablement of RCON, see Rcon.cfg in the server configs for more info.
  • Increased construction points per second from 1 to 2.
  • Optimization of and changes to the muzzle firing effects.
  • The game's admin check now requires a user to have Kick permission and not just be in the admin list. Players with only reserved slot access are no longer going to see the team kill and suicide messages.
  • Added new bullet hole decals and fixed missing decals on the sandbag physical material.
  • Fixed changemap not working if the admin didn't have the pause match access level.

:x

On 6/23/2016 at 6:48 AM, sentienthaze said:

I liked the current smoke, but nice hotfix nevertheless!

Yeh the smoke was perfect, why the change ?

I,ve just downloaded a 16.1MB Patch. What was that?

Edited by LookAss

14 minutes ago, LookAss said:

Probably something Steam related. Bunch of other games got the same size patch.

34 minutes ago, LookAss said:

Same here, for Squad specifically. What gives?

edit: never mind, prob steam related like posted above...?.

14 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

That's not a fast rope, he's pole vaulting. 

did not say it was a fast rope