Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 6

1 minute ago, LookAss said:

Do you really need that kind of details to believe if people is getting worse performance? Come on!

"Hey my game is running crappy, but I didn't mention I'm using a 3rd party application to change graphics with 10 year old hardware on that brand new map thats not optimized."

Since I'm not psychic... yes, yes I do.

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

Founder skins not working.

Enabled in-game. Rebooted. Verified integrity. Nothin.

That is a problem with steam. Sometimes your founder skin will not get applied. We are looking into it but it is not in our hands.

5 minutes ago, Norby said:

That is a problem with steam. Sometimes your founder skin will not get applied. We are looking into it but it is not in our hands.

Right. For some reason; it works on the M4 with red dot, but not on the basic M4 or the one with an ACOG. Haven't been on a side with the AK yet.

I also can't be Squad Leader.

It HAS to be a regular squad member with only an aimpoint. I can't have a default M4, or an ACOG with a skin. Only a squad member with aimpoint.

Edited by Joey
more info

There is a problem with shadows. First of all they are way to dark (when running in forest it look like night). Secondly changing shadow settings doesnt change anything. Think it is locked on the Epic setting. Guess this is what is causing the fps drop people are having.

1 minute ago, Romby said:

There is a problem with shadows. First of all they are way to dark (when running in forest it look like night). Secondly changing shadow settings doesnt change anything. Think it is locked on the Epic setting. Guess this is what is causing the fps drop people are having.

Also the shadows alias far worse than anything else..

7 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Try deleting your Squad appdata folder then running the game. Running lovely here.

Yep, thanks! It worked.

OK, so I've tried all maps, performance drop was always about from 50-60fps to 20-25fps on all maps, shadows seem to be stuck on high all the time for me (I've AMD GPU so probably this affects me...)

i7-6700K

AMD M395X

24 GB RAM

(iMac 5k)

14 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Try deleting your Squad appdata folder then running the game. Running lovely here.

For anyone not familiar with this, launch your start menu and type:
%localappdata%

then delete (or if your weird like me, rename) the Squad folder. (I renamed it to SquadBACKUP)
when you re-launch squad it will rebuild itself.

Performance worse for me also. It's not running well at all. From consistent 60fps on high to around 35-50. 

Why does the map resolution depend on the texture quality settings? I dont get it but with low texture settings its so low res that you barely see anything 

Performance is much worse for me..i had so high hopes, see you next year or something whenever they actually decide to do anything with this game...So disappointing

3 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

That's literally what Early Access is dingus

Some people buy early access because it's cheaper and also because friends recommended the game because it would be much better then Arma 3 etc.. So not everyone was prepared to be their QA but I guess you are too much of a fanboy to understand that!

Edited by Silverspeed

Sorry devs but AMD is NOT improved, not its even worse! :(

Settings: 3840*2160  everything on low. sound on low. scale on 100%

ssd. 16gbram

Phenom II X6 1100T

Gtx 970

Edited by Barbarossa

1 minute ago, TyroneLannistor said:

Performance is much worse for me..i had so high hopes, see you next year or something whenever they actually decide to do anything with this game...So disappointing

thank you for your very helpful feedback.

For anyone else if your experiencing performance issues on Gorodok, its not totally unexpected as its the first iteration of the map, optimization will happen as the map progresses.

Just had a very quick run around on the training map. I also have worse performance :( Used to get about 120-130 and with the same settings I now get 100. Also few things, when holding your breath I get a stutter as it zooms, also the game still loads up only then to tell me the server is full. I then tried loading into the new map and once I was in and joined a squad the game crashed with a Fatal UE4 Error as soon as I tried to spawn. The .50 in the training maps always started with me facing 90 degrees to the right. I was REALLY hoping for performance updates this patch and got exited by the change log, seems its not to be.

i7 4770

GTX 970

16gb Ram

SSD

1 minute ago, Silverspeed said:

Some people buy early access because it's cheaper and also because friends recommended the game because it would be much better then Arma 3 etc.. So not everyone was prepared to be their QA but I guess you are too much of a fanboy to understand that!

Thats not what early access is for, if you read the link I sent you on the previous page, its to help with the development of the game. this is not a AAA "Beta" where the game is polished and ready to ship. 

knock off the hostility, we don't need trolls in this thread, I'm trying to help people and your just whining.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

thank you for your very helpful feedback.

For anyone else if your experiencing performance issues on Gorodok, its not totally unexpected as its the first iteration of the map, optimization will happen as the map progresses.

What do you want me to tell you ? Bad performance.. Gorodok is unplayable..the others are just the same fps or even a few numbers lower.. i have quad Xeon-1225v3 with GTX960...well i have 2 of them but since it doesn't matter cuz it's a shit engine...i figured i'd point out just one. Dont get me wrong i'm not a hater, i love the game i just hate that i can't play it.

What the hell is up with this download? Squad is updating via Steam, and will go up to 3.3 MB/s before halting for a few minutes, then starting again.

Then it'll progressively get worse and worse until it's getting up to 100 KB/s before halting. It's downloading in skips and it'll take ages like this.

Seems like it's just Squad, because Insurgency had an update today and I was downloading just fine.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again guys.

EDIT: I seemed to have found the problem. Something was eating up my disk usage while downloading the update. Weird. It only seemed to happen with Squad's. If anyone else has the problem, try reducing the amount of disk you're using.

Edited by Doc Murphy

3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

Thats not what early access is for, if you read the link I sent you on the previous page, its to help with the development of the game. this is not a AAA "Beta" where the game is polished and ready to ship. 

knock off the hostility, we don't need trolls in this thread, I'm trying to help people and your just whining.

Yeah maybe...but then it should cost like 10$ tops, and it doesn't....looking at the price makes yo think this is going to be at least playable with not retarded performance issues persisting across versions

Just now, TyroneLannistor said:

Yeah maybe...but then it should cost like 10$ tops, and it doesn't....looking at the price makes yo think this is going to be at least playable with not retarded performance issues persisting across versions

Making the game $10 tops in early access would mean that the people making the game aren't getting paid in compensation for the hours of regular work they're missing out on for making the game.

Devs have bills to pay too.

Seeing as the game is an early Alpha, no one should be whining about bugs and performance issues. Reporting them, yes. But not whining.

Just now, Zhenya said:

No, it shouldn't.

If you don't like it, refund it.

Squad doesn't need people like you to play it

All i'm saying it gives you a false sense of security...and it shouldn't. Agreeing with me on that is pretty natural and if you don't i think you are just a fanboy with no real arguments.

6 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

Whining? I think people have clearly said "BAD PERFORMANCE"? Isn't that clear sign that they have too low fps and have problems playing??